Customize

Academic paper on Dianetics, Scientology and the Nation of Islam

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by COS and NOI News, Apr 11, 2021.

1. I made two posts on ESMBR that I would like to repeat here.

It made me smile that an academic noted what I have long observed. I have listened to numerous lectures by Nation of Islam Minister Tony Muhammad where he has taught NOI members that when they engage in abusive or wrongful conduct (e.g., striking their wives or children), it is because they have adopted the "wining valence" of their White former slave masters.

More generally, Minister Tony Muhammad teaches NOI members that they suffer, in present time, from the engrams White slaveholders inflicted on their ancestors 150 years or more ago.

As I have previously noted, even assuming Dianetics and Scientology were valid, anyone who knows Scientology theory knows that Minister Tony Muhammad's "winning valence" and "engram theories" are incorrect when applied to the descendants of slaves. This is because valences and engrams do not follow the Genetic line, they follow the Thetan line. (No one audits their father's, mother's, grandparents.' etc. engrams thinking that they are their own.) At the time of slavery in the U.S., a current day NOI member (i.e., the Thetan, the "I," the person himself) was just as likely to have been a Klingon, a Cardassian -- or a slaveholder in the U.S. Indeed, statistically it is extremely unlikely that a current day NOI member was ever a slave in the U.S.

Nonetheless, contrary to having no justification or semblance of a rational explanation, the NOI's adoption of Scientology's valence and engram theories (albeit incorrectly) as described above serves important political, social and group dynamic purposes.

The (mis)application of engram theory makes all past wrongs present, actively causing harm and dysfunction in present time. It makes Black people current and ongoing victims of past wrongs in a very real physical and psychological sense.

The (mis)application of valence theory tends to: (1) eliminate or minimize the responsibility of Black people for their own wrongdoing; and (2) place the blame for such wrongdoing on the White people who engaged in wrongdoing generations ago, and whose "winning valences" Black people adopted. The (mis)application of valence theory also offers a form of therapy -- i.e., get rid of those "White people" valences. More generally, if crudely, and especially when coupled with NOI theology (e.g., Yakub), don't be like White people.

I am pleased that in his Introduction King, the author, used my favorite word in this area:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Farrakhan, in light of this discovery, has performed an elaborate SYNCRETISM between two seemingly disparate New Religious Movements.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

/