Customize

ABC's Lateline - Fair Work Ombudsman inquiry

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by TinyDancer, Jun 2, 2010.

1. xenubarb Member

Re: ABC's Lateline - Fair Work Ombudsman inquiry

Watching the video reminded me of something, so I went back through my emails to find a verification of receipt I sent to the California agency that deals with employment, dated 7/14/09.

I never heard back, so I sent another email with the referral number, a link to the Help Wanted sign picture, and link to Late Night on YT.

Also mentioned that the last time I contacted them, at least 7 years ago, the cult changed its sign for positions that were more centric to Scientology. Two years later, they changed it back again. Will keep y'all updated if this goes anywhere.
  2. RightOn Member

thanks Barb i posted a few more.
  3. RightOn Member

nb4allorgsgrabhelpwantedsignsoutofwindows
  4. Anonymous Member

5. RightOn Member

i listed this ^ one in an earlier post
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

8. andonanon Member

I'm at work so can't really respond to this in full, but I just wanted to point out that in the US the situation may be more complicated for religious workers than the above link suggests.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p517.pdf

Also, as anonhuff pointed out, these are United States rules and don't apply to the Australia situation.
  9. anon555 Member

i totally agree. people might not care about clams destroying their own lives, but they sure as hell will care about their precious tax dollars being wasted. Perhaps to begin with a thread specifically for ex's to list their personal experiences with welfare/food stamps/medicaid (plus a few quotes from TD about how all staff members have medical/dental coverage)
  10. RightOn Member

yes, I was thinking of starting a thread, but I wasn't sure if enough ex's would want to post anything in it. If they don't use their real names, it's a waste of time. I know there are over 1060 names on the list, but it doesn't mean that even a 10th of them would come on here and list anything.
    And another reason may be shame or be afraid that it was illegal to collect?
    IDK
  11. xenubarb Member

Yeah, look at the reaction to the FLDS supporting multiple wives and families by getting them put on welfare.
  12. Sponge Member

Audio volume is a bit low on the OP video with controls fully maxed out (diffcult for notebook puters with tiny speakers).
    Here's reprocessed version with audio louder....
  13. genoramix Member

bracing for epic
  14. Robocat Member

Thank you Tiny Dancer. Australia is so full of win, it is worldwide.
  15. OTBT Member

crosspost from ESMB, no apparent interest over there yet
    Rebuttal to Scientology's Revised Statement concerning "Volunteers" - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Original ABC article:

Scientology probed over underpayment claims - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And excerpts from Scientology's revised statement to this article:

Revised statement from the Church of Scientology - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Perhaps some kind Aussie would like to bring ABC's attention to this current
    Scientology Today Press Office web site, where Scientology brags that all
    Sea Org members sign legally binding employment contracts.

Code:
    http://www.scientologytoday.org/corp/ministry2.htm
    comp1bit.jpg

[SIZE="1"]
    / Edit - Scientology has 8 backups of this ^ ^ ^ page, I guess they think its pretty darn important.

Google scientology backup search
    [/SIZE]

Scientology tries to claim that staff both:

- are members of a Religious Order

> > and < <

- sign legally binding employment contracts

This looks like a job for Tommy Davis; I'm sure Tommy can issue another
    revised Press Release to clear up this confusion.
  16. AnonyVix Member

Ah ha staff wanted...

From a legal point of view this could be misleading in so much as "staff" implies remunerative employment however I think that while the signs disappeared for a short while in 2008 they later reappeared because the lawyers figured out that it could be argued that all such verbiage "staff wanted", "help wanted" etc. would be clarified with the applicant on application and that nothing in law makes issue with this.

More important is how "volunteers" were treated. IANAL but giving out or promising bonuses or commission renders them not volunteers in most jurisdictions.
  17. AnonyVix Member

^^^
    THIS is much more incriminating...
  18. charlie Member

Dont no about Australia or the US but in the UK working full time and being on the Dole will get you in deep shit.
  19. OTBT Member

Scientology Employment Policy Letters / Scribd

20. Major Boyle Member

Maybe welfare laws need to be changed so that you cannot be a church promoter or worker. Limit the number of hours per week you can "volunteer", or require that if you want welfare, you have to do the jobs that the government says you have to.

It's not just in Australia, I imagine. The cult probably uses welfare fraud massively wherever it can. Shut down the gov cash flow to the cult and the volunteers would have to go out and get a real job to survive.
  21. OTBT Member

Also, excerpt from Scientology's Tax Compliance Manual, published in 1993 (sorry, I don't have a link, it was leaked a while ago somewhere)

Per Scientology policy below,
    - all Sea Org staff are employees,
    - all full time Org and Mission staff are employees,
    - most part time Org and Mission staff are employees,
    - all Mission Holders are employees.

Again, I think Tommy Davis needs to publicly clarify this issue.

When Tommy Davis talks, the Footbullet Angel Choir orgasms in 4 part harmony.
  22. Zhent Member

Oooh thats a good one ^^

Would like to see the full leak on that, could be quite useful.
  23. Anonymous Member

UK has a limit of volunteer work of 20 hours per week while claiming to be unemployed. IIRC.
  24. OTBT Member

25. anonhuff Member

more here (note: not an official governmental site) Volunteer Life - Q&A
  26. DeathHamster Member

Not exactly sackcloth and ashes eh?
  27. Anonymous Member

leavin10.jpg
    Now hiring sign at the Cincinnati org May 29 2010. Its in the window in front of the woman.
  28. RightOn Member

nice catch!
  29. genoramix Member

wouldn't this leak be enough to settle the Headley's lawsuit? (of course NOT in favor of Scn)
  30. Anonymous Member

The lawsuits are still ongoing.

I can't speak for the Headley's, but I doubt they want to settle the lawsuits out of court. They already asked for jury trials, and probably want as much info and dox exposed in open court as possible.
  31. Sponge Member

Any updates on the Fair Work Ombudsman's investigation? Is it still going on?

(For those that don't know what this is about, there's a list of media in OP)
  32. Timmibal Member

The Melbourne org was being investigated by the workplace ombudsman back in 08, it all seemed to disappear.

Now this investigation has seemingly fallen into the same hole.

Really inspires confidence in these offices, I am so relieved that the ombudsmen have shown their rapid and timely response in regards to grievances of this nature /sarcasm
  33. Anonymous Member

Would some ponnage from concerned citizen do any good here? If so, can some of the locals give some relevant details of where and what?
  34. thefatman Member

I'll see if I can follow it up and get some information on the inquiry. No promises though.
  35. Timmibal Member

THREAD NECROMANCY!

Any followup fatman? It's been nearly a year...
  36. TinyDancer Member

Funny you should ask...

Any day now.
    • Like Like x 4
  37. xenubarb Member

Tease.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Sponge Member

Indeed. This just won't do at all. Bring out the comfy chair, a plate of Arnott's Family Assortment biscuits and Cadbury's Chocolate Roll (with nice paper doilies) and put a brew on. If she refuses to give in to our demands then try plumping up the cushions a little and bring out the TimTams.

australianteas.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Triumph Member

Ive heard about those Wild Tease Parties
  40. TinyDancer Member

Spoke to FWO. Any week now.
    • Like Like x 4