Customize

ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by OneOneWasARacecar, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

"digger" is an affectionate term for soldiers. I'm assuming it's because soldiers dig trenches.

Many people were upset by the CoS's defiance against the Coroner and their deliberate concealment of the requested documents during the inquest into the death of Edward McBride.

His brother was on TV recently supporting the calls for an inquiry.
    YouTube - Stephen McBride, Nick Xenophon call for Senate Inquiry into Scientology cult
  2. Anonymous Member

Well, his death and the Scientology connection and reaction regarding his files went through the australian media before the Xenophon story and his brother offered support for the call for an inquiry. He also posted on here ( http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...de-suicide-message-his-brother-stephen-57355/ ), but ragequit WWP months ago.
  3. Anonymous Member

I heard on 2GB yesterday, the presenter was commenting on how Tommy Davis was stuttering and deflecting more than any politician he's ever seen, when asked a simple question about whether Scientology hired the private investigators who followed the Four Corners crew.
  4. PodPeople Member

Almost forgot that PI part. I jumped up and cheered when I saw that. Uneffing believable that was caught on camera, for That Show!! So proved what had been said. Sen Xenophon did mention Evidence! And interesting about presenter's comment.

More unbelievable, Tommy is getting worse (or better, depending on your view) all the time. It makes no sense whatsoever to me that DM has continued to put him out there, unless, as I've hinted, DM's already in hiding counting his coins.
  5. anonhuff Member

At this point during the show I actually shouted at my computer as if Tommy Davis could hear me. I called him a fuckhead fyi.

Also about 4 sentences later he references the workplace and sea org and minors

Yeah totally! Oh wait except for that pesky minimum wage thing.

You heard it from Tommy Davis himself, the church recruits children into a sub-minimum wage workplace.
  6. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

God I can see Tommy Davis being very heavily reprimanded as we speak. And more as the months go by. When you think about it, could his aggressivness be the manifestation, the outcome of abuses directed towards him from higher up, not to mention provoked on himself by hismelf?
    He reminds me of Grima Wormtongue from "The Lord of the Rings".
    If he came out of it, would Anonymous accept him with open arms? I would like to think so. Then he could really be the king of Anonymous.
    I wonder if sending a message to him, expressing the sentiment "If you get out we'll accept you", would put a little seed of doubt in his head.
    For some stupid reason I can't think that he's "all gone", you know?
  7. Anonymous Member

I'm not sure if Tommy is being punished for his hilarious PR stuffups. Mike Rinder was "punished" by Miscavige after the BBC Panorama debacle and it led him to leave the cult.

I hope he remains spokesman for a little while longer, he is doing our work for us
  8. exOT8Michael Member

I still think Tommy D will be out of the cult this Spring. He is aging so fast and the lies are destroying him from the inside.
    Imagine how he must feel lying for DM.

tdgreen.png
  9. ryangiggs Member

^
    Springtime for Tommy?
    As long as he doesn't do a Rinder/Marty, then I'm fine with that.

TD < King of Anonymous
    (i like very much)
  10. OTBT Member

I hope Tommy remains scientology's spokesperson. And keeps giving more interviews. And keeps [STRIKE]denying[/STRIKE] talking about disconnection and abortion and minors and wages and beatings and 90 hour work weeks. And keeps showing off empty Ideal Orgs.

< evil cackle >
  11. Anonymous Member

OMG AWESOME shoop!
  12. BLiP Member

Pinched this bit of news off WBM's site:

Australian Radio Interview : XENU TV

2GB morning host Ray Hadley talks to ABC Four Corners reporter Quentin McDermott, who discusses his story about Scientology on Four Corners.
  13. Anonymous Member

I want to believe you were still stuck in Mordor when you uttered those words, because in The Shire we have no kings.

Wash your mouth out, sir!
  14. Lorelei Member

So the death of the soldier might indeed have spurred the initial outrage and gotten the ball rolling; as you say, it was "in the can" long before the NYT article. Was the air time set before the NYT article (coincidental timing)?

Thanks for the info about the McBrides, etc. Much appreciated.
  15. Anonymous Member

The McBride inquest hit the papers a little before Xenophon got involved. The coroner's report raised more questions about Scn, so it was relevant background, but Xen would have acted on the witnesses letters anyway. It was a coincidence that the witness letters got to Xen at the same time McBride was being discussed in the press.

I heard the air date from the Four Corners team in January. They had planned to go to air in mid-Feb, until they heard about the LA press conference, after which they put it back to March.

No one in Aus knew about the NYT article before it was published, as far as I know. Pure coincidence.
  16. TypingChimp Member

I don't know if Tommy staying in and remaining the spokeshole of the cult is the best outcome. It seems that every time they replace one spokeshole, the next one is considerably more inept. My thoughts are if Rinder>Tommy, then could Tommy>the next guy?
  17. grebe Member

Tommy can be King of Caek, which we will bake in his honor the day he announces he's left the cult.

We will also buy some Dr. Scholl's inserts for his feet. They must be in agony after so many footbullets.
  18. Barry41 Member

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, A FIXED VERSION WILL BE UP SOON (with the transmission glitch fixed using SD footage from Oneonewasaracecar).

Someone I know taped the repeat that was aired on ABC-HD on March 9 2010 and has uploaded an mp4 file of it:

File size 1.64GB (use winrar to join the 5 parts)

Video details
    Codec: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
    Bitrate: 5000kbps
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Audio is 320kbps

Note:
    there is a transmission glitch at 40mins 56 seconds where video/audio is lost momentarily. It occurs when Marc Headley says"That was a private investigator who has been following us all night long. ("us all night long" is lost).

The guy will also upload an SD version with a smaller file size
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

As Jack Nicholson famously said when asked by a young woman if he wanted to dance,

WRONG VERB.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ditBIHem-E"]YouTube- Led Zeppelin - Boogie with Stu[/ame]
  20. Anonymous Member

???
    He quit because he was mad?
  21. Belladonna Member

He was aggressive and tinfoily, not entirely unexpected for someone going through what he was. And he got trolled to death for it. It was painful to watch.
  22. Anonymous Member

He got trolled by themadhair (another Irishman) and quit WWP as a result. But he said he'd still keep on fighting Scientology. The cult pushed his brother to suicide; that is not something easily forgotten.
  23. Anonymous Member

A spokeshole even more inept than Tommy?
    Impossible
  24. TypingChimp Member

That's not entirely fair. After all, look at the material they have to work with.
  25. FreakE420 Member

26. Triumph Member

Church of Scientology Accused of Slave Labor Camps, Forced Abortions

Church of Scientology Accused of Slave Labor Camps, Forced Abortions | End Human Trafficking | Change.org

image6.jpg

more coverage
    McGorry backs Senate Scientology inquiry

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1025458/mcgorry-backs-senate-scientology-inquiry
    Tom Cruise’s Religion in the Spotlight Over Forced Abortion Allegations
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/mar/10031010.html
  27. Belladonna Member

28. Belladonna Member

29. Belladonna Member

Now reblogged at
    Womensrights.Change.org
    Forced Abortions in the Church of Scientology?

Forced Abortions in the Church of Scientology? | Women's Rights | Change.org
    BY ALEX DIBRANCO
    CATEGORY: REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS
    and posted and Twittered from here
    Majority Speaks

It is precisely as the wise anon stated in another thread. The forced abortions piss off people on both sides of the issue.
  30. anonhuff Member

I urge you to use the term coerced rather than forced.
  31. Barry41 Member

Someone I know recorded the ABC Australia Four Corners program when it was repeated the following night. Recorded from ABC-HD on March 9 2010. (There was a minor transmission glitch at 40mins 56 seconds but it has been repaired using SD footage from Oneonewasaracecar)

Two versions are available, standard definition or high definition. Both encoded as H.264/MPEG-4 AVC files. Use winrar to join the parts together.

Standard Definition
    File size: 808MB
    Video bitrate: 2.3mbps
    Resolution: 720x576
    25fps
    Audio is 256kbps
    Part 1: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Part 2: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

High Definition
    File size: 1.64GB
    Video Bitrate: 5mbps
    Resolution: 1280x720
    25fps
    Audio is 320kbps
    Part 1: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Part 2: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Part 3: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
  32. M.E.S.T. Member

Hi folks, and keep up the excellent work!!!! It's heartwarming, truly.

I found the ABC 4 Corners program VERY HARD TO FIND until I found this thread on a link elsewhere.

Can someone put an arrow to this thread somewhere? If you don't look under the Sit Room, you won't find it. (Unless... and it could be... I'm an .... was in a rush and didn't see.... ? which is entirely possible.
  33. anonhuff Member

Sixth result if you use the search link at the top of each page, I searched for "abc four corners".
  34. Anon_1HG Member

A couple clips from 4 corners edited with a Bait and Switch angle:

35. Anonymous Member

Some idiot has put it on Vimeo. It will be deleted at some point, but for one week you can download the file. The file is compatible with ipods, 430mb 624x352 resolution

ABC Four Corners - Scientology - The Ex Files on Vimeo
  36. DeathHamster Member

37. DeathHamster Member

38. Anonymous Member

thanks to the idiot.
  39. sitnoir Member

Just had a chance to watch this one. I watched it on iVIEW on the ABC website, but that's for viewing only I do believe and may only work for Australia, but I could be wrong.

Powerful, powerful stuff. I had no idea how active the church was in Canberra until now. One thing that's always bugged me, aside from the people who try and sell me material at the bus interchange, are the ones who stand around town handing out information about cocaine etc. They have these booklets that at first glance you see as some sort of educational material and for the most part is....until you get to the last few pages where it goes on about how awesome Hubbers is and lists it's 'helpful' contacts as a whole bunch of sci related organizations. Fail.
  40. subgenius Member

Those idiots are so fucking clever.
    d/l'd