Customize

ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by OneOneWasARacecar, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Consensus Member

Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

The 'no fucking way' (or words to that effect) were a powerful way to punctuate the doco.

And yes, the difference in delivery between 'ask him what drugs he's on' (said unblinking, staring at the camera, with body language indicating genuine incredulity) starkly contrasts with Davis' bumbling denials and evasions.
  2. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Yeah this is right and to say nothing of the fact that no staff member especially in CMO would even let themselves think about let alone actually make the call from a public phone to the likes of their 'SP' parents, Davis knows for certain that they control the minds and therefore the actions of those staff.
    The staff member would not do it, the fear of having a withhold found out about prevents that from happening. I am sorry to say Fiona is in agreement with what is going on, she cannot afford to think or act otherwise.

The only way this would happen would be that the person concerned had already decided to blow and was on their way. They for sure would not be making such a call from right outside of or even near the org!!!

James
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

And so did we.

chu_big_smile.jpg

Your IRS impression is uncanny.

Really great show, and good of you to open up your lives for it. I thought you did very well.

[strike]Even more fundamentally: if she had chosen to call her parents, she'd get in trouble at the next sec check, right? So, she was "free" to call them, but only in the "Shifty" Davis sense of the word: at the cost of being kicked out of the cult.[/strike]

ETA: Ahhhh, beaten to it by ONE MINUTE!!
  4. Anonymous Member

"A private religious retreat"

Ollady-1.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

Sorry you got hit, grumpus, but she'll never find them all, not even if she patrols YT every day for the rest of her body-thetan infested life.
  6. kitfisto Member

HOLY FUCKMOUTH!!!!
    Nice
  7. Anonymous Member

So hey all you exes, Tommy Davis seys he is counting you as members - how you feel about that?
  8. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Just off the press. Tonight in Aussie the person doing the interviews on the ABC 4 corners show was just today interviewed by "A Current Affairs" which is Channel 9 here in Aussie. This is highly unusual, a rival channel interviewing another reporter on his interviews as done on the 4 Corners program. This thing is going wild here in Aussie.

Somehow a link will be available but I am not too good at that stuff perhaps someone else can do.

Thanks to you all for your fine words and support.

Cheers,
    James
  9. AnonymousNow Member

Plus, the "she could have called from any payphone" excuse is exactly what a creepy mind-controlling cultist would say as an excuse for why a child is kept away from a parent. I loved that one, almost as much as I loved the turbo stammer at the end.

And, does Tommy look like he is aging mighty quickly? Like 5 years in the last 2?

All together, this was very well done, designed to convince the masses that something is very wrong here. Hits about 4 major points, abortion, disconnection, RPF, fair game. Some could complain that it could hit more-- but hits those four very well with the human touch.

Tommy did come across as a lair, and the publics and exes were very effectively shown as the victim. COS as a whole was shown as evil money enterprise. Or, actually, Tommy Davis just gave that impression.

Tommy Davis is my favorite anonymous.
  10. ChefXenu Member

...in which an brave hero, Tommy Davis, denies that the church has a policy of disconnection, and then says:

"If somebody is expelled from the church, anybody who insists on continuing to be connected to somebody who's been expelled from the church would be told that as long as they maintain that connection they're not welcome in the church."

Lol, ok Tommy, my bad, I finally get it, its definitely not a policy of disconnection...

Now can you please explain in equally clear terms how I've been mistaken about Fair-Game for all these years? Pretty please? With Sugar on top?[/sarcasm]
  11. kitfisto Member

I'm trying to count how many time TD blinks while being grilled . It's astounding . He's a terrible liar .
  12. Anonymous Member

The answer, of course, is not that she's being held incommunicado but that she's been told she has to choose between her family and her eternity.
  13. Anonymous Member

That really IS unusual. Channel 9, who's pussyfooted all around Scientology.
  14. Smurf Member

Hana Whitfield is a longtime friend. The lady has guts and pulls no punches despite living an hour's drive from Clearwater.

Anyone with a Facebook page can connect with her:

Hana Whitfield | Facebook
  15. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

She has a Facebook page? She's even cooler :D
    Jesse Prince is also there!
  16. TinyDancer Member

The two guys in my office who commented on it (one of them's my boss, so bugger off, OSA) said "Why don't they just leave?"

This is a hurdle we come up against time and time again. People don't understand that adults can have their will overborne and that victims of human trafficking may not be held by physical chains. It's something that the LA Press Conference attendees addressed.

I'd like to see someone in the media take a good look at the "sec checking" process and how it causes staff to believe that their every thought could betray them and land them in the RPF. This is one area of Scn employment that I think the authorities should act on - make it illegal to require staff to submit to sec checks (by whatever name), at least those using an e-meter or lie detector.

The other comment was that people were horrified. And how can these people get away without paying tax?
  17. Cientonetico Member

18. Anonymous Member

That's how we did find her! ;)
  19. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Indeed. There is still an unfortunate but understandable amount of ignorance regarding the circumstances that lead people to limit their own actions and decisions. I say it's understandable ignorance because it's not something that can be transmited in a single sentence. These are complicated specific situations that need to be grasped in their totality. So much so that even the churche's policies and burocracies don't take these things into account. When they do, they try to follow established official protocol and they just make the whole situation worse.But that's why I keep reiterating. These testimonials need to be spread. I'm here because I sat don for two days and by the end of it Scientology went from cooky cult that you shrug off to utter and complete night terror and black hole for the human mind. I feel a need for people to go through the same experience, of hearing the testimonials and seeing the people cry and they recall their past. That hit me really hard.
    Nancy Many or Maureen Bolstad's stories...the ones they gave at the recent Feb. conference. those are good starting grounds for people. Even if they're not interested. Beg them to watch.
    I was concerned AFTER I watched those things.
  20. Anon1720 Member

James, I'm looking forward to the link and happier still that things are going wild in Aussie. A big thank you to you and your family for speaking out. I'm hoping your daughter will come home to you all soon.
  21. anonhuff Member

I don't have a clue about Australia, but in the US it's already illegal to submit employees voluntarily or otherwise to lie detector use. Polygraph Protection Act of 1988.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/statutes/poly01.pdf

and here's a text-searchable link:
    Employee Polygraph Protection - EPP - 29 U.S. Code Chapter 22 | find US law

22. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

TD - ask your colleagues why they think the 'Girl in the box' didn't just leave her captor when she had the opportunity. To me, it is the same phenomenon, whatever you call it.

Tommy Davis = Cameron Hooker
  23. Gottabrain Member

James, you and your family were fantastic. Thanks with all my heart to you and your family for doing this. You've shone the light in some very dark places.

Hanna was fabulous. It was fantastic to finally have the filmage and coverage of the early SO days by one who was there. Now others can no longer deny that Hubbard was the abusive man we know he was.

Thanks as well to all the other exSO involved in Oz and abroad, Channel 2, Four Corners and everyone else. This coverage was a Trojan Horse gift - Happy Birthday, C of S - here we are!!

Beautiful. I can't praise it enough.
  24. Anonymous Member

No, this is the ABC, our government funded public broadcaster. Four Corners is the most reputable investigative journalism program in the nation.

The full program is there on the website to watch (from anywhere in the world), on the top left of the page.

A high definition recording will be on bastardsheep's youtube channel some time soon (he also has the recent Today Tonight reports in HD.

I was going to upload an SD version to vimeo last night but my file ended up over the 500megabyte limit, I started re-encoding but I fell asleep. If figured it was okay because you can watch it on the ABC website and I think they collect ratings stats from there
  25. OTBT Member

THANKS for that link. My internet connection is dirt slow or nonexistent the last couple days, so I can't view any of the videos yet.
  26. N. Ron Rubber Member

*popcorn.jpg*

Can we rename Australia Winland?
  27. Consensus Member

Use the Amanda Smart story -
    Elizabeth Smart kidnapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She was pretty clearly a kidnapping victim and a psychological prisoner, even though she was not kept in shackels and did in fact freely walk past many phone booths.

edit - I posted this before reading post 182. Great minds?
  28. El Diablo Member

How about Winralia? Either way, I vote for a referendum! :p
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Video of Entire documentary. 1.9 GB .TS file Edit[STRIKE]HD [/STRIKE] SD Video. 720 x 576.

You can use VLC to play or just rename file to WMV or MPG and play with other players

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6 - to come 100 MB

should be up in an hour - will update op.

Will update the OP when it is all downloaded.
  31. andonanon Member

Reading through the transcript here... Four Corners - 08/03/2010: Interview: Tommy Davis Part 1

I was trying to see what grounds would make that legal.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p517.pdf

Do Sea Orgers take a vow of poverty? Do any of you know if Sea Org has an approved SECA election?
  32. Anonymous Member

Martine Boublil got kidnapped and imprisoned by Scientologists in a house in Sardinia until she was freed by police on 21st January 2008. They were doing the Introspection Rundown.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thanks a lot man I will definitely grab the files. Though to nitpick, 720x576 is SD (standard definition). HD is 1280x720 or above
  34. andonanon Member

Tommy sounded like they were exempt from employment taxes too. (That is what the SECA election is for). I wonder if room and board that Sea Orgers receive could be considered taxable fringe benefits for employment tax purposes. It looks like their room is probably exempt from income taxes, though. This is hard to slog through without knowing the actual fact situation they operate under.
  35. Smurf Member

Excellent interview with Joe Reaich whose stepsons are Danny & Chris Masterson.

Joe Reaiche - 50 years young, Joe is a former Professional Rugby League Player from Sydney Australia. Joe's family are all celebrity actors in Hollywood. His son is Jordan Reaiche Masterson (40 Year old Virgin); and his daughter Alanna Reaiche Masterson (Alanna's Guide to Greek)..

.. and has 2 step sons: Danny Masterson (That 70's Show ) and Chris Masterson (Malcolm in the Middle).

www.jonesbeachusa.com - 2009 Judges & Guest Posers

Joe's ex-wife, Carol Reaiche Masterson & children, Jordan & Alanna, who have been long disconnected from their father.

Carol Masterson

Carol Masterson - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Alanna Masterson

Alanna Reaiche - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Jordy Masterson

Jordon Reaiche - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

WireImage: Listings
  36. OTBT Member

There is no documentation that I am aware of that specifically states that Sea Org employees take a "vow of poverty". But you may find these old threads useful if you feel like digging around.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...roving-scientology-minister-exemptions-54046/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/why-do-sea-org-staff-receive-w-2-forms-42350/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/299-...onal/scientology-staff-employees-wages-40717/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-org-members-w-2-pay-statement-amounts-39100/

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/smi-staff-pay-2000-2001-a-38947/
  37. Anonymous Member

That was a straightforward kidnap case. Martine Boublil was rescued because her appeals for help were noticed.

Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard were adults held against their will for years, both of whom had opportunities to escape, yet didn't. Theire bonds were psychological (in addition to the physical).
  38. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Part 6
  39. Anontacular Member

Now on YouTube: