Customize

ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by OneOneWasARacecar, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Missfit Member

Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

tick tock....tick tock mother fucker.....
  2. Rockyj Member

What a beautiful way to start my day!
  3. JohnB2008 Member

Is this the same channel that airs TodayTonight with the awesome Bryan Seymour?

The station's website has flash videos of exteneded interviews, but not the programme itself. Will one of you faggots kindly upload it to pootube or Vimeo?
  4. xoixoi1 Member

Tommy Davis is the King of Anonymous.

He mostly does a better job at making the cult look like a cult than we do.

My flatmate (who knows nothing about the cult or Anons) watched it with me. I asked him what he thought of Tommy. He said he could tell straight away he lying. Also said he looked like a slick car salesman or a shifty second rate lawyer.

I agreed. If there is one word I can use to describe how Tommy Davis appears in this program: Shifty.
  5. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Bloody awesome!

I love how they do not sink into the swamp of Scifaggotry slang, but describe things the way they are, how they focus on what the cult does, it's actions, rather than it's beliefs.

Only thing I was left missing in this exposé is some more focus on the tax excempt status, and the many front groups.

God damn it, the stuttering "answer" he gave when asked about the private investigator was comedy gold.

Good work, ABC/Four Corners!
  6. Belladonna Member

No. This is their national public broadcasting, like the BBC.
  7. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

The main program link is at the top left of the page.

Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files
  8. JohnB2008 Member

I see.

I've looked on Pootube and I can only find 'previews'. Excuse my impatience, but where's the mother-fucking show????!
  9. JohnB2008 Member

10. Anonymous Member

I'll agree too. Notice how Tommy keeps glancing off to his left and right during the interviews while blinking rapidly.
  11. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

The man doing these interviews did a masterful job asking questions in my opinion. The question all seemed like the ones that a member of the public would have asked who already knew a little bit about the dark side of scientology. He did not come off as someone who was completely clueless about the subject and did not seem to already know the answers to all the questions before he asked them.

When someone answers a question with "No, that's not right, this is what happened" it keeps my attention much more effectively than someone just saying "yes, that's right; yes, that's right; yes, that's right" over and over. I think he either studied a little bit of courtroom law or he has watched My Cousin Vinny a bunch of times.
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

It's even better in the vid. Her body language made me pause the vid for a laff brake. :D

TD's new nick? Works for me....
  13. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

/just woke up

what's this? more win?

The NYTimes article, the BFG interview, and now this?

mah pen0r can't take much more awesome.
  14. JohnB2008 Member

My internet connection is shit. The video keeps stalling and I can't seem to pickup a the exact point I left off.
  15. Crappy Member

I say, jolly good show.
  16. panzerknacker Member

Quentin McDermott: "Why do you recruit children into the Sea Org?"

Tommy Davis: "[...] The Church doesn't discriminate against people by virtue of age."

Tommy hasn't lost his touch.
  17. JohnB2008 Member

Watching Claire Headley interview.

Guess where/how was she recruited.

Answer:

[SPOILER]Greenfields School, Forest Row. [/SPOILER]
  18. Blue Goo Member

The interviews are amazing. Lady Hana especially is very good in telling it like it is. Sharp and well spoken. I hope a lot of exes get to see this.

I want to see what the CoS is going to cough up for a response. Will be funny.
  19. Anonymous Member

"Shifty" Davis. Our hero!
  20. Anonymous Member

nearly ten hours and no youtube wtf?
  21. Anonymous Member

The end was so epic "OMG we're free!" :)
  22. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Hana is really cool actually. I learned a new word with her! "Ideation".
    I also like the fact that she pulled no punches and mocked Tommy Davis.
    All in all a good program, but of course, for me these things would have to be 4 or 5 hours long to cover the insanities that happen, just for people to leave with an impression.
    Hopefully the senate in Australia will get a vote for an inquiry.
  23. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

At least she is using real words now :p
  24. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Indeed she is. :)
  25. Anonymous Member

Working on a story for the Anonynews now.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. WagTheWog Member

In a word:
    FAP-TASTIC!!
  28. Goosh Goosh Member

oh shit

this is not a good week for the cult

two days in a fucking row
  29. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

I love that bit. Especially when he first denies it and then in the next sentence says we don't discriminate. Fucking fantastic.

Also love the religious retreat and that it is voluntary as an alternative to leaving the church when they are burnt out.... burnt out - does this imply that they work 100 hours a week.

Video idea Tommy Davis talking about recruiting children into the Sea Org and then Maureen and Laura and everyone talking about when they got in. Tommy Davis talking about the RPF as an alternative to leaving if people are burnt out with Mark Headley saying he worked 100 hour weeks for 30 cents an hour and Maureen Bolstad with a camera on her broken shoulder talking about how she couldnt leave. Then Tommy Davis talking about how anyone can leave if they route out then Jeff Hawkins talking about the process of routing out.

Then Maureens story of escape, and Mark Headley's story off escape.

Is anyone having problems with these links?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQOV1GGC
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2FBRYMFZ

They are parts 1 and 2 of 6 of last nights ABC 4 Corners program. I uploaded them last night, but now I am getting file temp unavailable...
  30. OpThetXVI Member

31. urbanhawk Member

I've never seen you guys to be so slow to put something like this up on youtube as with this epic win.
  32. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

True dat. Also, note how he first says they don't recruit children, then changes his mind and says they don't "discriminate".

HELLO, AUTHORITIES!?
  33. Anonymous Member

/r/ digg?
  34. Anonymous Member

Dear Mr. Davis. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING when you are LYING. Because any idiot can can see that you just confirmed the disconnection policy.
  35. Anonymous Member

I've heard comparisons made in this thread between Four Corners and a BBC piece. The BBC do not pull their documentaries off YouTube. What are Four Corners like?
  36. Zhent Member

Megaupload seems to do that with large files when you first upload them, they should be available soon.
  37. exOT8Michael Member

38. Re: ABC's Four Corners - Scientology: The Ex-Files

They have a clip there mainly about Miscavige and there was something in there that's repeated again and again that annoys the hell out of me
    The church always responds: "the church never forces anyone to disconnet." Or something to this effect. "The church doesn't really do this or that."

Ok, concede them this point...
    It clearly still happens.

You might have no policy stating that people should be forced to do whatever, but the dynamics of human interaction in the hallways and in the rooms still make these abuses, these very harsh scenarios to manifest. People force themselves, each with their own fears and pressures and ideals. The very structure, the atmosphere of the whole thing drives people to do these things, even if it's not on paper. Even if it's not the ideal, even if it's not the "official stance of the church" this is what HAPPENS. And I would say the church deals with this very very ineptly.

Everytime Tommy responds something like "the church doesn't beleive that is correct"... the church this, the church that, LRH writing's this and that, this or that policy yadda yadda yadda..... Leave that aside, it still happens, it's about the human beings that ARE GOING THROUGH THIS. That's what matters.
    I would love to ask Tommy Davis: "Can your religion be wrong? Can your religion be inept and incompetent at what it desires to do?"
  39. RightOn Member

Hanna has always been one of my favs, it is good to see her speaking again
    How can anyone not believe that soft spoken articulate woman?
  40. mojo Member

if the australians can them as a charity, the rationale for the UK goes down the pan for the cult as well....maybe then the irs will finally get the stones to pull their finger out.