Customize

A video from the Church0fScientology account removed for TOS violation (up again)

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Anonypeg, Oct 13, 2008.

1. AlbanyAnon Member

Re: A video from the Church0fScientology account removed for TOS violation

I already made a post linking everyone to the site where this has been re-uploaded. If you want to watch it, go here:
    Media Mobi - DMCA Abuse by Scientology
  2. AlbanyAnon Member

3. 0815 Member

They have reviewed the videos and removed them and there is no way you can appeal their calling. As stated no democracy on JewTube!
  4. blank Member

Inform the EFF about the situation!
  5. Anonypeg Member

Adding to this, I gotta ask: wasn't the whole point of anontube.com to archive videos that have been taken down by DMCA notices? If anontube retained such videos on their server, we can have an easier time corresponding with the EFF when we link videos taken down (as it is quite difficult to link to a suspended video for them to ultimately judge the validity of its takedown).

Anyone here know who owns anontube, and why it doesn't work like this?
  6. blank Member

Yes, good idea.
    Here is the original Anontube thread
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/new-website-launched-anontube-com-29103/?highlight=Anontube

I will send the OP a PM about it.
  7. iaxiloll Member

^^^Has made Epic point. We can also use it to keep pro Anon clips accessible and viewable if they are taken down.
  8. 0815 Member

But what is the purpose of our site that mirrors all videos from JewTube. We need to reach people and can't hide our content.
  9. Anonypeg Member

Its original purpose was to make for easy viewing of anons keeping up to date with news.
    BUT, if we get the EFF involved, we need to provide evidence of the video in question that was removed, and rather than have them rely on "pics or it didn't happen", they can view the video themselves and evaluate the correctness of our claims.

Two word response to your question: archival purposes.
  10. Anonypeg Member

I found the FAQ entry on anontube.com that I don't see applied:

"What happens if youtube decides to remove some videos?
    There are backups of all the videos, so we can replace those videos and start streaming these from our servers. For now, we just embed youtube-videos to save bandwith, and possibly avoid some legal trouble."
  11. moose Member

it doesn't fully work yet because of there's some programming that needs to be done.
    but i'll look into it again today.

ps. i still need a script to automatically detect if a video has been removed. it would be great if someone could help out with that.
  12. 0815 Member

This still does not solve our problem on JewTube and the EFF is powerless on TOS. Ollie could still sue the owners of Anontube and have the content removed. All what we know of him, he seems to be very litigations like his church. I believe QAnon should ask him what his position is at the moment in regards to video removal. I rather move on and care less about him as to start a war were our videos get removed in large numbers.
  13. moose Member

orly?
    i doubt that.
  14. zanoni Member

Can Anonymous find a server for Anontube in a country where Ollie's brand of censorship has no legal platform?

Then, flood Youtube with >9000 adverts, in whatever form, for Anontube.
  15. Anonypeg Member

If TOS is being used to suppress free speech, something the EFF stands for, I don't think the EFF would necessarily be powerless regarding TOS. I think this anontube approach is worth a shot, since anontube would have a different TOS than youtube and would be great for archival purposes.
    As for whether Ollie can sue the owners of anontube and have the content removed, that's not necessarily true because many of those clips can easily claim Fair use. As you already know, youtube has this "guilty until proven innocent" policy of counterclaiming. For anontube, it wouldn't necessarily have to work like that.

You can move on if you like. I prefer to keep brainstorming ideas in how to better battle oschaper's abusing the YouTube system.
  16. moose Member

17. 0815 Member

JewTube is removing spam.
  18. iaxiloll Member

19. iaxiloll Member

There are 9000 ways of getting around that.
  20. 0815 Member

JewTube is not required to provide any video and since they own the space they can pretty much do as they please. JewTube is not about free speech but about making money and that's it. We can not claim any special rights because we feel that it violates our free speech as long Jewtube is controlling the access and availability of any video. If they feel it violates their rules, the video will be removed. This is how it works at the moment.

I don't see what the EFF can actually do to stop JewTube from enforcing their rights and own policies. Again, if you run a site you determine the rules and that is what we have to deal with. We need to find the loopholes that allow us to provide our content without the fear of removal.
  21. AlbanyAnon Member

22. AlbanyAnon Member

23. zanoni Member

Shazam! If anons want to confound those who would rather bury the truth then find ways to create links between places like Youtube and places like Anontube.
  24. 0815 Member

Video has been removed again from JewTube
  25. Legion Member

Uploaded a copy of it this morning, allready got taken down, channel still up, pretty lulzy, ollie or whoever is doing this must have no free time on their hands :)
  26. 0815 Member

Or have a direct connection to JewTube.
  27. Legion Member

Re-upping on 10+ different sock channels as we speak with different tags to make them hard to find by our frivolous friends. Have fun finding them ollie/osa! Sleep well recently? :)

Here, I'll even give you the link to one!!

youtube.com/watch?v=f2b1D5w82yU
  28. Legion Member

Got an email for mine. Weird.

YouTube Video Notification‏
    Sent: October 14, 2008
    To: addressremoved@hotmail.com

YouTube | Broadcast Yourself™
    The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:

DMCA abuse by Scientology - (sockpuppetaccountnamehere)
    Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.

For your reference, a copy of this message has also been emailed to the address associated with this account.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team
  29. Anonypeg Member

Know that, upon Anons harpooning, the original Message to Scientology video, which was taken down due to Terms of Use violation, was restored. YouTube claimed it was a false removal on their part, hence the restoral. Although YouTube can do as they please, they've reversed a decision of their own in the past, so why can't the recent videos which are being removed due to Terms of Use violation be reversed too? This is where the EFF may come into play; to let YouTube know why it doesn't violate TOS, and to allow the chance that YouTube will reverse the decision. Will the EFF actually be powerless? We don't know ... and that's I'm hoping to find out and I think it's worth a try. It might give the videos a second consideration, realize it doesn't violate the community guidelines, and suspend the person filing these complaints.

And, as stated earlier, Ollie may not necessarily be able to sue the owners of anontube (and do you still feel this way? I noticed you didn't address it like I hoped you would in your reply) because anontube does not necessarily have to advocate the "guilty until innocent" clause and take the video down. And, as I've said earlier using a video as an example, TOS violations have been reversed in the past. That means there's something automated about it.
  30. Legion Member

Going to make a new sock, report it for complete bullshit and see what happens. Bannable shit too.
  31. 0815 Member

I hope Anontube will be safe and Ollie can't do shit.
  32. moose Member

Theres a link to the disclaimer on every page now that says:

If you have any concerns about the content on this website or if you are the owner of copyrighted material that originates from our servers, then write us at anontube [at ] gmail .com . Illegal content will be removed.

I'll be looking forward to see Ollie's email.

The video is included (again) on this page AnonTube About
  33. iaxiloll Member

Very good it is indeed very important to find out exactly who is behind all this and why, this will remove all speculative thoughts.
  34. iaxiloll Member

We need a small group with a covert plan send me an PM if you fit the bill, not more than 6 to 10 dedicated Anons so we can take Ollie down. We will have to use an alternative means of communication as well.
  35. Vir Member

Gregg: Did you ever get a response from YouTube on what exactly the violation constituted on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9Um2GwgMQ ?
  36. 0815 Member

This might not be the work of Ollie this time because Tom Newton just doxed Gregg
  37. Vir Member

Yes, but I'm tying up some lose ends here. Might be important.
  38. 0815 Member

/p/opcorn needed?
  39. mrfyde Member

40. gregg Member

I did not get a response. The only response I have gotten from youtube so far is the one I posted in another thread about them passing on my personal information to tom newton.