Customize

A thread about police brutality continued

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

No cops were injured. NYPD lies.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

New York's Finest?
    Meh.
    I am disappoint, not to mention ashamed to be a NYer.
  3. Anonymous Member

more: http://oaklandlocal.com/article/occ...ic-safety-concerns-rise-forefront-reflections
  4. PresidentShaw Member

Wadj4.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

Bullies AND liars. Nice.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

I can almost hear *her* rolling down the hallway to defend this shite.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Police abusing power on protesters in Colorado

Over the weekend things heated up a bit in Denver, Colorado. In the light of recent events the focus has shifted to the role of the police, who turned out to be very violent to the protesters. The officers intent on dismantling the Occupy Wall Street Camp there and used tear gas, batons, and rubber bullets. This arises questions: what's going on and were the tactics necessary? Jacob Crawford, Copwatch filmmaker, joins RT's Kristine Frazao to answer those questions.
  8. Anonymous Member

Copwatch, liek ths.
  9. Anonymous Member

you psychic now?
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Occupy Denver: Jeannie Hartley on police violence

Keith and Occupy Denver media coordinator Jeannie Hartley discuss the violent arrests during Saturday's rally in Civic Center Park, where hundreds of police armed with clubs and tear gas fired pepper spray and rubber bullets into the crowd.
  11. PresidentShaw Member

Nice spam bro
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

13. The Wrong Guy Member

Brooklyn Detective Convicted of Planting Drugs on Innocent People - NYTimes.com

The New York Police Department, already saddled with corruption scandals, saw its image further tainted on Tuesday with the conviction of a detective for planting drugs on a woman and her boyfriend.

The bench verdict from Justice Gustin L. Reichbach in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn stemmed from acts committed in 2007 by the defendant, Jason Arbeeny, a 14-year veteran of the department who worked in the Brooklyn South unit.

Before announcing the verdict, Justice Reichbach scolded the department for what he described as a widespread culture of corruption endemic in its drug units.

“I thought I was not naïve,” he said. “But even this court was shocked, not only by the seeming pervasive scope of misconduct but even more distressingly by the seeming casualness by which such conduct is employed.”

The case against Detective Arbeeny was rooted in a far larger tale of corruption in Police Department drug units: several narcotics officers in Brooklyn have been caught mishandling drugs they seized as evidence, and hundreds of potentially tainted drug cases have been dismissed. The city has made payments to settle civil suits over wrongful incarcerations.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/n...ted-of-planting-drugs-on-innocent-people.html
  14. Anonymous Member

NYPD - shame on them
  15. Anonymous Member

Sup, 612? Defend this, why dontcha?
    Or were the cops vicitms again?
  16. Anonymous Member

*shrug*

"they pulled it in" - right 612??
  17. Anonymous Member

The silence is fucking deafening.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. anonymous612 Member

The guy was convicted. He should go to jail as he clearly committed the crime. There was, we can assume, ample evidence he committed the crime.
  19. Anonymous Member

Must be nice rolling outta bed at noon.

If assumption are to be made, who better to make them than you?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. anonymous612 Member

Must be nice to be unemployed and living on your mommy's dime so you can spend all day on WWP.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Another duplicate post from the OWS Updates thread:

Occupy Tulsa Arrests and Pepper Spraying Raw Video

Note: Pepper Spray section starts at 5:40.

In the early morning hours of November 2nd police raided Tulsa's Occupy Wall Street protest. The Tulsa police chief arranged a bargain with Occupy Tulsa earlier in the day where the volunteers would have a sit in arrest, they were to be carried off without the use of pepper spray.

In the video you can see that several protesters were pepper sprayed while sitting down on the ground, they were clearly not posing any sort of threat. They were sprayed directly in the eyes at close range. If there isn't a legal question here there certainly should be an ethical question. Is it right to use excessive force and torture just to prove you can do it? If the police chief were actually interested in discouraging arrests it would make more sense for him to let them know pepper spray would be used in the situation.

I decided to present the raw footage from the time police moved in throughout the entire arrest proceeding to eliminate accusations of deceptive edits. There is a small 5 second break in the middle of the video due to file size limits on my DSLR where I had to restart the video portion.

22. Anonymous Member

Why are police chiefs authorizing expensive overtime operations in the early morning hours?

Are these sort of operations more likely go smoothly in the middle of the night verses, say, 10am?
  23. Anonymous Member

CNN reported a few years ago that a Guardsman came forward and admitted that there was an order given to open fire on the students. Governor Rhodes (may that motherfucker roast in Hell... if there is such place) bears all responsibility.

Too, lest we forget, a couple of day after the Kent State Massacre, two students were murdered at Jackson State by the redneck Mississippi State Police. The students were involved in a peaceful protest against those who assaulted and murdered the students in Ohio by Rhodes' goons, and of Tricky Dick's invasion of Cambodia.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Wrong again! I have a home office and a flexible schedule.

The question is: will you ever get it right?
  25. PresidentShaw Member

Funny, coming from you
  26. anonymous612 Member

I know, right?
  27. Cefofe Member

Sooo , let just get this straight : When Iranian , Libyan government use force against protesters , that deserve bombing and destroying whole country , but when America use force , thats ok ?
    Now NATO must bomb the hell out of USA because of Obama's repression .
  28. Anonymous Member

We mustn't condone violence, now...

;)
  29. Durga Member

Actually, yes, they are. Early morning raids don't need to worry about daytime foot traffic, vehicles, and other public safety concerns. They're also more likely to catch the protesters tired and off their game.

That said, early morning raids do run the risk of everyone involved having more impaired judgement due to sleepiness.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Maybe OWS ought to have two or three shifts, if it already doesn't.
  31. Anonymous Member

Only if their goal is the forceful removal of a non-violent protest with a minimum of observers / cameras watching.
  32. Durga Member

They might also want to remove a protest with a minimum of traffic delays, innocent bystanders being caught up in the chaos, and potential vehicular accidents.
  33. Anonymous Member

I would be surprised if this tactic isn't under consideration somewhere.
  34. Anonymous Member

Yeah, and that makes about as much sense as the complaints about the high level of police overtime required to contain the non-violence.
  35. Anonymous Member

We are the 99% and apparently we are the enemy.
  36. Anonymous Member

How the hell does it not make sense for police to want to avoid causing car accidents, arresting unrelated people accidentally, or delaying traffic?
  37. Anonymous Member

It totally makes sense for them to want to avoid all of these things, but it's part of the PD's job to analyze situations realistically and problem solve accordingly, not wish things were otherwise.
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes, by analyzing the situation and realizing that the most effective time to move in without causing unnecessary damage to the unrelated parties would be nighttime or early morning.

You must suck at strategy games.
  39. Anonymous Member

No, but my feelings are easily hurt, so now I must cry.
  40. Anonymous Member

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/...-Laws-We-Dont-Obey-No-Stinkin-Disclosure-Laws