Customize

A thread about police brutality continued

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Oct 29, 2011.

1. PresidentShaw Member

Your ad hominem clearly exposed me for what I am.

Your logical fallacy skills cannot be matched, I bow down to your superior intellect.
  2. Anonymous Member

You sure they weren't just throwing back the tear gas canisters? Which would be the right thing to do, BTW.
  3. anonymous612 Member

The protester very clearly says they were throwing bottles, and it happened BEFORE the tear gas.

Hahahaha.
    Yes. AnonShaw is my sock. Obviously.
    You really ARE new here, aren't you?
  4. Anonymous Member

Yes, because there is only one internet user in this universe that disagrees with you.
  5. Glenn Beck Member

"Frank Roper was showing his massive bruise to arriving cops and his foot was ran over by a cop on a motorcycle. He pushed the motorcycle and the cop got off the bike, chased him down and Frank Roper was then arrested."

Lets restate this as a mad-lib it appear to be.

Frank Roper was showing his massive _____ to arriving cops and his _____ was ______ by a cop on a motorcycle. He ______ the motorcycle and the cop got off ______, ______ him down and Frank Roper was then ________.

6. Anonymous Member

Ooh, ooh, let me guess. Is the first word "dick"? It is, isn't it?
  7. Anonymous Member

612, your defense responses are cult-like... really. It's as if you'd be more reasonable if you WERE a scilon.

Think about that for a few secs before hitting the reply button with your snarky reply.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

She won't. She sees only (reds, whites and) blue.
  9. Anonymous Member

That supposed to be some kind of meme?
  10. anonymous612 Member

That's nice. Still haven't addressed the fact that the protesters flat-out admitted to throwing bottles at the cops BEFORE the cops retaliated.
  11. BRO - U MAD?
    PROTIP: "Glenn Beck" on WWP is not THE REAL Glenn Beck, you don't need to rage on him as if he/she was! LOL
    I enjoy my popcorn while watching u guys get riled up at Glenn Beck and I bust out the really good orville redenbacher stuff when he actually brings out good comebacks like the video of protesters throwing stuff at police lolololol
    If Glenn Beck bothers you so much then by all means keep posting stuff to debunk him or counter his arguments - everyone wants to read them!

Make your points and have some good debate but no need to blow your tops over words on the internet! KEEP IT CLEAN AND NO HITTING BELOW THE BELT with stuff like "you are not a member of the hive, at the very least a newb..." - WE ARE ALL ANONYMOUS!

continue.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. PodPeople Member

Leave. Six. Alone. You can harp on me instead if you like because I only care about the protests, not anything else.

Couple of irl issues. Overnight camping and sanitation are the top 2 issues that are causing conflicts with Mayors and City/Community elected officials. Not just issue, law. Guess what? That’s always been the situation because there’s truth and fact in the potential problems and that’s why those laws exist. I’d suggest community leaders come together to open up large halls and centers to shelter protestors. It’s getting too damn cold anyway. Let the cities do their nightly clean up. It can be solved, but it takes a lot of cooperation and work this way. Long term protests are a community’s project, not a one-night pajama party. It simply takes a lot of work, and if you want to be a long term protestor, you gotta deal.

As far as police, I don’t focus on one incident in one town. Looking at the whole picture is very troubling because I see a pattern of non-lethal weaponry being used against peaceful protestors.
    Period.

Occasional, isolated this and that will always happen in large groups, but this police extreme harassment, harm, arrests and terrorizing is an overall method of manipulation that is about as close as you can edge toward unConstitutional.

Lofty debates about Pig or No Pig? have never been helpful to the purpose and reason for protests, but they always happen. Hey, some communities Do have infestations, and these kinds of events put the spotlight and heat on it. That’s a good thing, but believe me, in those cases it is the community that’s the source of the problem and they are not likely the kind to welcome-mat protestors. And this protest, and protestors, are not going to change That kind of community overnight, if ever. That’s just the truth.

Like politics, protests are local. But the overall attack mode of police forces nationwide I hope will be addressed by our best and brightest legal, constitutional, and humanitarian minds in the country in a unified show of strength and intellect to challenge the ineptitude and potentially unAmerican, uncivil and unelectable politicians and corporations lurking behind this, hmmm, what's the word? oh yeah, fanaticism.

Please. Six is right when she says a police officer has the right to protect himself or herself if a bottle is thrown at him or her. Can we just agree on that? What if Your mother, or sister, or daughter was a police officer and someone was throwing glass bottles at her? Hmmm?

The point is not to focus on these isolated incidents, but instead the whole picture. The whole picture, I think, sucks and is outrageous. It doesn't matter who is elected poster boy, or what is the chosen icon.
    I hope more focus could be placed on pooning those who have the clout and visibility to help end Any police harassment, and pressure those who are responsible for Making and Sending the Orders in the first place. "Just following orders" has never turned out to be a socially acceptable excuse; sometimes not even legally.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dragononymous Member

whut
  15. Anonymous Member

Six needs to come out and say if she thinks tossing flash grenades deliberately into a rescue situation is OK for cops to do.
  16. Anonymous Member

She'll say it's OK, because the police protect and serve.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. anonymous612 Member

You've yet to prove 1) anyone deliberately threw a flash grenade at people they knew were trying to rescue him and 2) that it was law enforcement. Until then I don't need to tell you shit about what I think of it.
  18. Anonymous Member

So you haven't seen the video, where the cop clearly and deliberately throws a flash grenade into the small crowd that were clearly trying to help Scott Olson seconds after they fractured his skull with a tear gas canister fired point blank at his head?

Maybe you don't want to see it. Oh and far from bottles raining down, this short clip only shows a tear gas canister being thrown back to the line of pigs from where it came.

Have a look and tell me you don't think the cop deliberately threw that flash grenade 612.
  19. Anonymous Member

Get enough attention yet?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Occupy Denver video: Cops pepper-spray protesters, fire rubber bullets

The most violent clash between OWS supporters and the police so far has erupted in Denver, as the authorities attempted to dismantle an Occupy camp. The Internet is swamped with hundreds of angry messages and pictures of rubber bullet wounds. Denver police took their best shot at dismantling the OWS camp over the weekend. To disperse the crowd they used tear gas, batons, and rubber bullets, which are considered to be a "safe deterrent."

Video courtesy:
    http://www.youtube.com/sasquach33
    http://www.youtube.com/davidleamanmiller
  21. Anonymous Member

Denver cops failed. Just like in Oakland.

LOL
  22. anonymous612 Member

Dude, your definition of "clearly and deliberately" needs work. How do you know the cop knew they were trying to help? How do you know that's where the cop was aiming? Answer: you don't. You know shit. The only thing either of us knows about the incident is a series of edited and biased youtube videos telling us what the videographers want us to hear. The difference is, I understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. You just assume they're guilty and hope future evidence supports you.

The protesters themselves said the bottles were thrown before the tear gas was ever deployed. Try to pay attention.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ItchyScratchy Member

Wait, so the cops are innocent but the protesters are preordained guilty. Just pointing out this obvious inconsistency.

I've seen lots of videos of this incident and going with a "they were asking for it" Misses the point that the response to these protests was incorrect and really requires that law enforcement re-examine it's modus operandi.

They don't get a defacto pass for obvious mistakes.
  24. PresidentShaw Member

Now you're just being an un objective cunt lol, you can clearly see the police officer throwing it with a nice under lob clearly intent on aiming towards the group helping the guy who was down.

Yes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the flash grenade was thrown at people trying to help an unconcious protester.

Not everything is black & white 612. Never go full retard because it invalidates any good point you might have made in the past.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. anonymous612 Member

No inconsistency. The protestors clearly admitted they were guilty.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. PresidentShaw Member

Nuance, ONE protester admited she was guilty, and a few protesters throwing bottles doesn't mean they ALL were guilty.

Silly 612 sucking on the popo's cock.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Denver police brutality: Eyewitness account

Police used pepper spray, rubber bullets and batons to attack Occupy Denver protesters this past weekend. Dozens of activists were arrested. RT's Kristine Frazao talks to Mitch Shenassa and Brandi Williams, activists and organizers from Colorado, who witnessed the police raid themselves.
  29. PresidentShaw Member

lol @ russia today being used as a reliable source about news in america.
  30. Glenn Beck Member

If the individual has an injury to the brain-stem, the unqualified people responding, who carried him off, very well may have caused more injury. Haven't any of them even taken basic first aid? Oh yeah, they don't have jobs.

Maybe the peace officer was trying to secure the scene by clearing the potentially violent protestors away from the victim. Proper medical aid will not enter into the scene until police secure it.
  31. PresidentShaw Member

lol yeah throwing a flash grenade right next to his face will do that.

Let's try and be objective now shall we?
  32. Glenn Beck Member

OK, just a little sarcasm. I can't really tell where the FB was tossed, either can you.

The truth is that has been zero objectivism from OWS. No matter the issue "we are victims" is always the response. It's kabuki theater.
  33. Anonymous Member

So you're either blind or a liar. Well done.

You're right. They should forget Wall Street and occupy The Hamptons. Jump on the Jitney and go for the big money. Plenty to go around.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

"Well, he was DWB... "
  35. anonymous612 Member

You are not the criminal justice system.

So?
  36. Anonymous Member

So your credibility suffers even more, and your one-sided blinkered opinions become even more worthless.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. anonymous612 Member

38. Anonymous Member

Just like a clam.

"can't read bad things about cops, that would be ENTHETA!!!1111!!"
  39. Bonebreaker Member

LMFAO
  40. Anonymous Member

more: http://www.salon.com/2011/10/31/nypd_mum_on_cops_allegedly_hurt_in_ows/singleton/