Customize

A situation room where journalists can ask questions?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by theprofitlrh, Jul 6, 2012.

1. theprofitlrh Member

I was reading a recent article and it said that Scientology denied the existance of the Sea Org!!!

Can we set up a situation room for journalist, so they can ask questions and double check their information before they publish it.
    If we want to get the information out to the general public, i think we should help guide them through the maze that is Scientology.

It could also have a thread for incorrect data that has been published so other channels do not repeat the same error.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

It's a bloody brilliant idea.
    The journalists concerned will appreciate the centralisation of correct data.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous is one of the biggest haters of Scientology I know ... We do not technically have the right to tell them about a religion that is not our own. It is up to the journalists to check and decide on the legitimacy of their data.
    Highspeed
    This message by Highspeed has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. anonsoldier Member

Actually, the biggest hater of Scientology is David Miscavige. That's why he's the leader of Anonymous. Also, we totally have the right to tell people the truth about a cult and their illegal activities. For example, I'm allowed to criticize Muslim extremists even though I am neither a Muslim nor an extremist. Similarly, I'm allowed to criticize YOU and your cult even though I am not a member of it. Here's a parallel: you're not allowed to criticize psychiatrists and psychiatry because you aren't one, haven't studied it, and were never a member of a psychiatric organization.

Sucks when I use your failed logic against you, doesn't it?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Emptyvoid Member

i mean honestly, yes Anonymous would be byist, but how much of a non-byist sounding spin can you put on SoC? The only way i see it is if theres no bashing and only facts in the responses (even though facts are bashing) there would also need to be media awareness of the situation room cause journalist probably wont be finding it.
  6. anonsoldier Member

Also, mega thread necromancy. I didn't realize it when I first posted. Lets just leave the OSA sock alone. They've had a rough, downstat week.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. themadhair Member

The OP was a good suggestion the first time around, and I’m slightly regretting not posting at the time to promote the idea. My slight take would be expand the idea to include a focus on providing relevant Scientology policy letters, Scientology PR and other Scientology produced materials that contradict claims made to journalists. That way threads that discuss disconnection and reg-ing (to take just two examples) can be started and the appropriate policy letters presented.

I would also echo the suggestion made by the OP to keep it strictly to the facts. This would require those providing answers to keep a very ‘objective’ tone (think of the style used on Wikipedia for an example of what I mean).

Who knows? If such a forum got used then it might generate content for a pretty good FAQ page or whatnot down the line. Most of the relevant materials have already been compiled, and I’ve written quite a lot of this type of stuff repeatedly with a focus on the policies (eg: http://xscn.ie/wp/recruiting/ ). It would be nice to see more of this in one place with a focus of providing this material for journalists who just got the Scientology PR briefing.

TL;TR:
    I endorse this idea wholeheartedly. Someone make it happen.
  8. TrevAnon Member

9. Anonymous Member

I think the ESMB section is addressing a different issue. Most local groups have their established media contacts, and are usually able to facilitate media requests for region outside of their purview. Just recently I reached out to someone who reached out to someone who reached out to someone who helped arranged an interview in Sweden. The contact network does exist on the local level, and seems to work quite well. WWP regularly receives media requests which find their way through the network to the relevant people depending on where the media person making the request is based.

The section proposed in the OP would, imo, help provide the supporting dox for general claims as opposed to initiating interviews or contacts.
  10. fishypants Moderator

True (for valid reasons).

False. What's this "technically" you're talking about? It's obviously not 'legally' or 'morally'...

The idea that critics of something (anything) are not 'technically' allowed to speak publicly about it is totally ludicrous and obviously false.
    • Like Like x 3