Customize

"A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Belladonna, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Belladonna Member

"A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel"

Scilon Tampa Bay Informer

Tampa Bay Informer - A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel | 2010/02/11 | Theatre | Arts and Entertainment - The Good News Newspaper | Clearwater Newspaper, Largo Newspaper, Tampa Newspaper, Pinellas News, Hills
  2. Re: "A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel"

LRH Quotes anyone ?
  3. RightOn Member

Re: "A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel"

wow. I don't even know what to say except.....
    this wouldn't have been one of Hubbard's favorite plays (or movies)
  4. Anonymous Member

Re: "A Raisin in the Sun Celebrates Black History Month at the Ft. Harrison Hotel"

"You shouldn't be scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees. Get yourself a nigger; that's what they're born for."
  5. Anonymous Member

Funny since Marty Rathbun is so concerned with civil rights and black leaders I always want to ask him exactly what the fuck his hero LRH did to help out with the civil rights movement? I mean LRH was in America in the 50's and part of the early 60's - the time when it was most important for "white people" to take a stand with the oppressed and what did we hear from old LRH? Nada, oh well, except his visit to South Africa and his comments one how great their little apartheid system was and how africans were untreatable for his case gains. (gag)

If LRH was the hero Marty claims, trying to free the world, why was his only concern making money for himself and creating a fascist cult? For all the big important causes of the time LRH existed in - Vietnam War, the draft, civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, etc... he didn't do jack shit. In fact he seemed more concerned with trying to kiss ass to corrupt people in power than help any righteous cause or help oppressed people.

In fact during LRH's time running things there were almost no minorities of any kind in the cult - not that its terribly integrated now but compared to the past it almost is.

I know this is all old news to us, but I would really like to hear Mr. Marty X's comment on LRH's complete and total silence and rejection of the civil rights and human rights issues of his day.

(Also i would bet big money that Marty thinks he was either a slave or a historic black leader (like Fredrick Douglas or John Brown) in a past life - "on his whole track." )
  6. Anonymous Member

Totally agree with you. LRH was into the whole colonialist trip in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. Not much of a civil rights leader.

Decamping from Rhodesia | Scientology Racism
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Blaxploitation ?
  8. Anonymous Member

maybe they're renting out the auditorium and not plugging Scientology? they do that in other cities...
  9. Anonymous Member

Nope. All the above-named organizations are Scilon.
  10. Anonymous Member

Stand in front of this theater with signs bearing hubbard's most racist comments. Don't just use the anti-black stuff. Also mention the anti-asian, anti-women stuff. Show the pattern. The man was full of hate for everyone.
  11. Anonymous Member

Sociopaths don't alway hate per se. They do...always...have supreme CONTEMPT for all others. Only they count.
  12. Anonymous Member

You guiz should protest them outside the theatre!

protestgarb.jpg

Paint your anon faces brown or wear masks like this!!!!

[IMG]
  13. Herro Member

The Church's black members are going to be happy about this. Both of them.