Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. sheeple Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

The scilons are out in force, example:

24. At 00:47am on 29 Sep 2010, Remembered wrote:
    I'm sorry but there are still far too many Ofcom violations in this one sided piece of what you pass off for journalism. The meer definition of media is to mediate, that means both sides of the story. You failed once again to do that and tried to pass of the lies of your so-called credible witnesses as truth. If you want to see the other side of the story go to Freedom Magazine: BBC Panorama - Desperate Lies. You forget that Scientology is one of the fastest growing religions in the world, and there's good reason these 'few' defectors go on camera and rant their woes. It takes a lot to get expelled from the Church, perhaps that's why they all lavished for 20 years or more inside the Church enjoying their status.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Yes, more should be post. But not to worry. Sweeney's episode exposed sci's not allowed on baaad internet. And I do believe there's an "educational" post on there that explains that, only OSA, and what to expect.

Also, OSA posts just prove the point all on their own, which they cannot even fathom. lulzy footbullets continue
  3. subgenius Member

And this is supposed to exonerate the cult? WTF?
    (Is lavished a word in this context/)
    20+ years.
    1. How does scientology work if they were bad people?
    2. How does scientology work if they were allowed to be bad for 20+ years?
    3. How does scientology work if you are bad at all, much less the "a lot" it takes to get expelled?
    Yeah, OSA, that was very helpful.
  4. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I think in a concise way this is the first ever documentary to fully drive a wedge between Scientology and the celebrates. By showing Jason and his experience, the evidence of the tape recordings and the irrefutable lying of the celebs like Archer and co., they have compiled how the system of control works in regards to celebs and explains Cruises, Travolta and other celebs behavior in regard to Scientology.

In that case this is pure WIN.

By publicly damaging the celebs and pointing them to the liars they are, they are destroying credibility further which Scientology so desperately wants to maintain as a public image. It also forces Celeb Scientologists to defend their claims and if they keep lying in the face of overwhelming evidence, they will sooner or later be outed.

I hope the man in the dress is Cruise. The way it was all set up with everyone obviously knowing Cruises "thing" and Beghe letting out the information to let Cruise know that his auditing files are being handed around without incriminating himself is the footbullet Miscavige did not want to be aired. If so Tom Cruise must feel deeply betrayed.

By showing a siding with Marty and the "beliefs" of Scientology, they have shown not to attack the beliefs and therefore knocking the churchs tag line of bigotry, their only point of defense left.

Genius programming. I wish the hive could start thinking like that.

WWP has top hit on google (panorama scientology forums) so expect a lot of traffic this way.
  5. BLiP Member

Yep, THIS ⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧.

All sorts of subterranean messages in there. Did you see the subtle insinuation where the voice over talks about the kinds of secrets being held by the cult: " . . . and sexuality" - cut to Amy talking about Tom Cruise. Very clever.
  6. Anonymous Member

Excellent post, except I think Beghe said that the file containing the cross dressing admission belonged to an apostate?
  7. BLiP Member

Don't worry . . . its only Smurf : >
  8. Anonymous Member

lol
  9. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Had another look, you speak the truth.
  10. Anonymous Member

Good points. I normally grit my teeth when non-celeb people, families and the abuses that get ignored don't make media spots, but if a celeb stubs a toe, it's all over.

Sweeney not only caught celebs lying about the secrets of scientology, he also got them on camera showing their smiling, guarded veneer one second, and how one question tears off their masks the next, and exposes their impaired mental state due to their Scientology brainwashing.
  11. Anonymous Member

This! got so much more second viewing and tomorrow will watch it again.
  12. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

So what's the name of the guy who did Tommy Davis' voice and how much do we have to pay him to voice our Tommy Davis parodies?
  13. mongrel Member

Amerifag here. Don't know how tv shows are tracked in the UK. Any word on popular this was on British TV?
  14. Anonymous Member

A Tommy Davis voice over auction? It was most excellent, wasn't it?!
  15. DeathHamster Member

This bat is cuter.

vampire_bat.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

Why do you assume that wasn't our leader's voice?
  17. eddieVroom Member

FIFY
  18. coskilla Member

Not only was L Ron bat shit crazy he needed to get his fucking grill fixed yo.
  19. eddieVroom Member

Oh, puh-leeze. Are "Good" and "Bad" even ON the Tone Scale? The RELEVANT question is ARE YOU KSW? If not, then "bad" is a workable Shore Story and in-P.R.

</sarcasm>
  20. Anonymous Member

Just wanted to thank Amy Scobee for going back to the scene of the crime(s).

Anyone who's read her book, "Abuse at the Top", knows that at age 14 and again under the age of 18, she was sexually abused within these confines, and then punished for it. And that was just the beginning of her hell.

When she and Sweeney are driving out to Hemet, she makes some comments and I know she laughs, but I knew it was more of an anxiety laugh. It had to take some guts to go back to that place for the first time after all that. I hope it was a healing journey in the end.

YouTube - 3 of 4 - Panorama: The Secrets of Scientology
  21. RightOn Member

well then, I guess they forgot about the other 1,159 people who came forward and spoke out!
  22. Anonymous Member

First of all, "mere". Second of all, don't use the word "mere" in this context.

Thirdly, "media" is the plural of medium, meaning the means by which ideas are conveyed and communicated. Never has it meant "mediation", but journalism -- which uses the media -- does have an ethical obligation to prevent relevant sides to an issue.

Jeeez.
  23. sheeple Member

Your list of exes that has spoken out provides another layer of insulation from cult lies and manipulation!
  24. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

i wish ron was here to witness his house of cards coming down, but i suppose he always knew it was going to happen sooner or later.
  25. Anonymous Member

I believe that he was a business man in the 50's, a sociopath in the 60's and early 70's, and after that a raving lunatic.

He had brainwashed himself about this crap belief system that he originated long before his death IMHO
  26. Anonymous Member

...and the punchline....the word that really inflames and irritates......the word that sez it all! CULT!
  27. webkilla Member

awesome show

really good
  28. Anonymous Member

Well that completely fucking ruled. So happy for Sweeney with the way that turned out, and also for Rinder and the others who've left that appeared on it. Brilliant.
  29. LocalSP Member

You may notice that comment 30 on the Panorama site points out this fact to the clam.
  30. Anonymous Member

That wierd shiny lady from king of queens started wincing and acting funny before the subject of john sweeney's question was spoken. Watch her interview clip again, it's really creepy.
  31. Anonymous Member

There's a comment by Marty on his blog post on the show saying he talked for "15 minutes" about the Xenu story, but that it "ended up on the cutting room floor either due to BBC incompetence or bias"

I sure as hell would like to hear the indie spin doctor himself talk about Xenu and OTIII. He's never gone into any detail about it on his blog, but I've noticed he does let mentions of "xenu" slip through in the comments on occasion so it's not a banned word or something he denies.

The most I've ever seen him say on it is accuse someone of being "childish" for bringing it up. If he can spin Xenu into something that doesn't sound totally batshit - I would love to see it. I can only hope the BBC is willing to show some of the cuts from the interview segments that didn't make it to broadcast.
  32. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Thanks MrsEvilOfScientology for the post! Really do appreciate it. And you too, Sponge, for coordinating it all.
  33. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I for one, would love to see a The Making of Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology. I'm sure there's enough out-takes to put together a decent show in itself. [fingers crossed]
  34. exOT8Michael Member

Awesome idea !!
  35. BigBeard Member

09/28/10
    Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology - Win!
    Federal Judge Merryday tells State Judge Beach & Cof$ to butt out of Kyle Brennan case with permanent injunction - Win!
    John Dixon gets 7:1 no ethics violation for stupid Scientology comment - Win!
    New Rules for SES program will eliminate Applied $scholastics participation - Win!

I do believe this has been a good day! In fact, so good I think I'll see if I can't get my Congress critter to put in one of those resolutions naming 09/28/10 "Anon Day", along with the 100 or so "Whatever Day" resolutions that get submitted every day.

BigBeard
  36. Anonymous Member

Careful there, Tony. You and your fellow Brits enjoy yourselves too much, you'll all be spending time at that other cultic group.

Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) Great Britain
  37. Tofuman666 Member

Great stuff. Good job, Panorama.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

Claire is also British for those that aren't aware. You can hardly notice her accent anymore.

Claire attended the Greenfield School with British Mum's (Susan Talbot) daughters.
  40. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

You can tack one more win on. Yesterday ODIT hit the front page of Reddit. But that's not the real news. In a segue to the panorama story was Savelo's attack video. It got (wish I could say 9k, but) over 3000 hits, yesterday. Chalk a win up for Shawn, too. (rip).
    *note: had to switch to japserver, cause it overwhelmed RuTube.