Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Dunno why I posted Anonymously then! From exscn:

2. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I liked when presented with spying/stalking evidence, after on camera deny deny deny, CofS, maybe Tommy? or was it DM himself, stuttered, and s'plained:

It was an Overt Operation. Therefore, not Spying. Wot?!!

Well, then, that's a horse of a different color. Why didn't you just say so in the first place!
  3. sheeple Member

4. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

There were so many twittter updates on Scientology, it froze my feed for 10 minutes
  5. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I just finished watching it (taped) and it was fucking excellent.

The redheaded sea org girl was very pretty.

The Star Trek guy was not really very 'celebrity'.

Panorama took the right line in being chummy with the freezoners - criticising the church rather than the religion looks less like religious intolerance. Also if Scientology didn't exploit anyone then what harm would it be doing? Plenty of people believe weird shit.

They also took the right line in not mentioning Anon, because Anon is full of fucking weirdos (agent pubeit anyone?) and liable to disgust the public. They were right to keep the focus on the cult.

It made the cult look like creepy weirdos. So factually correct.
  6. new guy Member

I am having a blisskreig.
  7. Junker Member

After watching this program literally half an hour ago I'm left wondering if this cult is willing to kill those who deeply oppose it. I mean, if they're following people around in blacked out SUVs, using smear campaigns to ruin defectors lives...I mean christ what is this cults limit to preserving it's veneer of "respectability"?

It's the fact that this cult is tearing families apart that most angered me though. It's something the program highlighted very well I think. It's all for money, and I can't stand it! It's why I'm here I guess. I saw Scientology as a joke, didn't take it too seriously, but watching that program wasn't funny. It was scary, it was sad and it was sick.
  8. DENNY Member

Anybody know when this will appear on a torrent site or megaupload?
  9. Anonymous Member

OSA on the comments page (though who gives a shit).

10. Anonymous Member

They're scary bastards.

Which is why the programme needed more about the UK tax breaks they get. We're funding these fuckers.

UK Business Rates Project - Why We Protest Wiki
  11. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

One part full quality version (470 meg) on megaupload in about 15 minutes apparently.
  12. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

13. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

They may not have directly mentioned Anonymous, but they did say people are more willing to speak-out now than in 2007.

Anonymous Delivers
  14. Anonymous Member

Heh, heh.... Louanne doing her best and failing, as always.
  15. Anonymous Member

That wouldn't be our lovely publicist Scifag John Alex Wood, would it?
  16. Anonymous Member

Louanne seems stuck in the quagmire of moderation. Good. Right where she belongs IMO.
  17. Anonymous Member

No doubt.
  18. MSAnon505 Member

Many thanks to you BTK- downloading now with hopes of DVD burn and distribution.
  19. Anonymous Member

Scientology has Google Adwords bid on search term 'sweeney':

20. indeedindeed Member

Great documentary. And he's right about respectability and what in particular doesn't lead to respectability.

Jason Beghe rocks.
  21. Anonymous Member

Not the world's best-known actor though, is he?

Who could forget his role as "Man with Change" in Queer Eye for the Homeless Guy.

Have to say this is a pretty shit CV:

Jason Beghe

No, John Sweeney was the star of this show.

Although 'attractive redheaded sea org girl' came a close second.
  22. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

A couple of helpful people (MrsEvilofScientology and TreVelocita) putting the BBC documentary up on Youtube, thanks. Hopefully you guys outside of the UK will be able to see it.

However, the scilons are thumbing down the vids (particularly TreVelocita's). We wouldn't want them to monopolise such childish behaviour, so feel free to flood the videos with lots of "thumbs up".

A little immature, but enjoyable.
  23. eddieVroom Member

wate wat?...

</quagmire>

Didn't Tommy acknowledge OT III to Nathan "Balls o' Steel" Baca? lol
  24. slobeck Member

"It's not a happy existence at all" -Mike Rinder

I'll leave that there.
  25. RightOn Member

HER NAME IS CLAIRE HEADLEY
  26. RightOn Member

Tommy denied Xenu in the other earlier interview with the celebs.
    The Nathan Baca interview with TD was much later
  27. eddieVroom Member

Oh, don't bullshit a bullshitter. I was released eight years ago.
  28. Anonymous Member

Not her.

The one with the tearful face and the fiance who gave her £100 then dumped her.
  29. Anonymous Member

First watched live stream thanks to da man, Spangly.

Just watched again on YouTube with my husband joining me.

Wow, watching it a second time there's sooo much more packed in there than I got first viewing. I know, tip of iceburg, shoulda been etc.

So before any bawwing, watch it a second time if not third.

World needs to see this.
  30. Anonymous Member

Mareka James
  31. Mitsu Too Member

Well that was entertaining. It seems that there could be more to reveal. Hope there is a follow up to this in the media. And it's not even Staturday! Clams are heavily promoting their freedumb response part deux to Sweeney. Wonder if we will get to see the celebrities letters to BBC. If John Travolta did send a letter or made phone calls he certainly has drunk the koolaid.
  32. Anonymous Member

Terrific. We can always rely on the heavy-handed Scientology PR machine to keep an issue alive.

I imagine their complaint of bias to the BBC governers will be next.
  33. Anonymous Member

Panorama.S58E33.WS.PDTV.XviD-BARGE

For torrents/usenet etc
  34. eddieVroom Member

35. Anonymous Member

ah, always a critic in the bunch.

I like when Sweeney asked:
    "Is it a religion or a racket?"

Jason:
    "You know, they're not especially mutually exclusive, are they?"
  36. Anonymous Member

so send your praise here folks:

https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/temp...ryID=&id=VP92AKBIMUJ7KF50F390QEKM8S&moduleID=

to balance up the inevitable Scilon complaints.

That's Anonymous for you.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the man. His views seemed sound.
  37. Anonymous Member

or you may wish to complain about the programme's clear bias in favour of Scientology:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/
  38. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and the handful left of sci "celebs" have got to be intensely nervous these days. Amy Scobee's book, Headley's, others, internet, and now this BBC Panorama "Secrets of Scientology", all include expose that David Miscavige and his Scientology Goons have no problem airing their most personal thoughts and confessions, and as well it's just A OK to make up shit for the "greatest good" and/or if you so much as leave, much less speak out.

Amy Scobee has revealed that Miscavige reads from their folders for cocktail hour laughs.

I'm sure BBC legal team wouldn't allow utterance of such words as blackmail or extortion or comparisons to mafia. But I'll settle for cult.

I have no sympathy for these celebs who may very well be in a very impossible situation. They have funded this evil monster for too long, too much, and refused to look while doing so.
  39. RightOn Member

ohhhh sorry
    although I think Clair Headley is very pretty with beautiful skin