Customize

A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by megaphonebitch, Jun 9, 2008.

1. indeedindeed Member

Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

if a tactic brings with it a huge possibility of getting arrested or sued I would in general advise against it. If this isn't the case here, then it sounds good to me. However, if it is the case, then it's not so good. The moment court proceedings enter the picture it's at a point where the CoS feels at home and has larger ressources, it's also bye-bye to anonymity. That's not to say they would win, it's just a battleground where they have natural advantages.
  2. TICTpxagain Member

I'm quite sure they would LOVE to sue Wikileaks but WL have shown they're a slippery customer. It would not be so easy for you to avoid prosecution if you're actively handing out the CDs on the street. South Park was fair use parody, giving out whole docs without commentary is not.

They've already admitted the veracity of Xenu in court. They're still here, they didn't implode.

Do you really think things are going so badly that Kamikaze tactics are required? Do you have the resources to pay off a copyright suit? Have you checked whether there are criminal sanctions for copyright piracy where you live? Have you considered the fact that if you are circulating lots of materials, including non-OT3 documents, they'll sue only over the non-OT3 stuff leaving you with the considerable cost of a lost lawsuit, absolutely terrible PR for Anon and no win whatsoever?
  3. Daywatch Member

I dunno it could also be a win/win
  4. TICTpxagain Member

This is a much better idea.
  5. TICTpxagain Member

How so?
  6. Puddlewhite Member

We need to play a harder game, is all im saying. I like the ''go into orgs to enturbulate'' plan better, but the thing were talking about is allso OK in my book.
    No, i have no idea whatsoever how a trial like that will legally go, and yes, it is in court that scilon's huge ammounts of cash will come in handy. However, what i am certain is that whatever the outcome of this trial, it will be controvertial, becouse he will be actually promoting scientology, ergo they are here for the money, so why are they not paying taxes like the buisness they are? Plus, i reeeeealy cant see the genneral public taking the stance os scientology here. And, well, yeah if ONE does it, it will be kind of nill. If everyone everywhere is doing it, and they try and sue them all, or half of them, or 20 of them, or 10 of them, the publicity it generates will be 100 times as more, and heard everywhere.
    In no way am i saying that i woud love to see any anon out there get in troule, but lets face it- we cant, if were serious about it, expect to get out of this completely scot-free.

EDIT the wikileaks idea is good too, it can be made into a simple pamphlet, with no chance of geting V&.
  7. TICTpxagain Member

I can help you out a little with how the trial will go - I'm not a US lawyer but I'd bet every penny I could muster that you'd lose.

Also, I think you might be overestimating the publicity value. What's the angle - someone was giving away loads of copyrighted works and they got sued and lost? Everyone already knows that Scientology sues people over their copyrights, there are countless previous cases. More lost cases are unlikely to garner more PR win, but they will make the cult more money.

If you get tons of people doing it they'll probably just sue a few - the chilling effect will do for most of the rest. Also, handing out CDs at protests will seriously jeopardise the wider campaign - it's much tougher for us to push for regular protests if there is illegal activity going on at them.

And sure - I can see us being successful and getting away 'scot free'. If we're going to take the cult to task for it's crimes then we have to do so with clean hands. Education of the public is the vaccine against the cult which will be the most effective tool in its long-term demise. I'm all for more direct action too (read working to remove their copyrights rather than violate them) but only if this can be done legally and ethically (in the non-scilon sense of the word).
  8. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED THE FACT YOUR LOGIC DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!? This isn't about Xenu. I could give two shits about Xemu, Xenu, Zeno. This is about the selling of books by a business operating in America under the guise of a tax exempt religion.

Can you give me one good reason why i can get a copy of the Quran, a copy of the Bible for free... but I have to pay for Basic? I have to pay for the OT levels and training? Why?

If they're a religion? Act like one.
    If they're a business? Act like one.
    If they're a belief system? Act like one.

This is about $ Not <3.
  9. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Lol, yeah... because all those songs on all the boom boxes blasting on your local protest were legally bought on iTunes... and I'm sure we all bought full copies of the basics to educate ourselves on the topic which we protest. get over yourself.

You what's funny? I've only seen two kinds of people talk about "crimes" in this manner:

1) A Scientologist.
    2) An anonymous user who's spent too much time listening to OG. (ex-scientologists)

Hate to break it to you. But our collective hands are far from clean. *looks at his torrent list* They weren't from the start. You associate with Anonymous you are associating with the good and bad.
  10. TICTpxagain Member

Should be free. Does US copyright law have a carve out for religious works? I'd would be very interested to hear as this would help greatly with another line of attack I'm working on.

Bible, Torah etc are free becuase they're way old and any possible copyright has lapsed no? That's certainly the UK position.
    So the text is protected but not the idea of scientology. I don't see how this helps the 'plan'.

No, it's capable of being fair use, but only if so on the balance of the issues that you've quoted from the Code above.
  11. anonymous1312 Member

Watching the video over it occurs to me the overall style is wrong.

More over the tags are &quot;anonymous&quot; &quot;SF&quot; &quot;bay&quot; &quot;area&quot; &quot;gay&quot; &quot;faggot&quot; &quot;thunderdome&quot; &quot;enturbulation&quot; &quot;scientology&quot; which are also wrong.

Then, while expounding the virtues of reaching out to scilons with education etc. I see this in the comments:

Screenshot.jpg

Surely to respond to &quot;Scientology forever&quot; with &quot;fuck off niggra. Get off the internet&quot; achieves exactly what the author purports to want to avoid or undo? Odd is all.

Not convinced the idea of all out copyright violation is a good one either. Keep it fair use, use snippets and add commentary and be prepared for legal action either way.

No doubt with all these leaks the scilons will be expecting some &quot;fake&quot;* LRH stuff; having been prep'd by our OSA monitors, who feed staff just enough that they can give the illusion of knowing about what is going on. *It's fake but we'll sue just in case....

-------------------------
    We guide the hand but only they can pull the trigger, yet they do, time and again.
  12. TICTpxagain Member

Yes, see my post above. Because coyright is limited in time. Bible / Quran etc are long since out of it.

I share your indignation at what they're doing. It's just your idea on how to fight it which is really, really bad. If you don't like the way things are speak to your elected representatives about intorducing an express carve-out of religious texts from the copyright laws.
  13. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

NO U.

How about I keep enturbulating and you keep on speaking to your representatives about copyright law. In the UK... where you're from. Which is not America.

It's my right, along with others to express our displeasure with the selling of books and courses by leaking these to the general public.
  14. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

[IMG]

LUKR MAOR
  15. TICTpxagain Member

What you're suggesting is rather more blatant though is it not. You're suggesting blatant copyright abuse right in front of the people who work for the owner, with a whole bunch as cops stood around nearby.

Well now you've seen three - none of the above. Also what 'way' am I talking about crimes when I'm talking about actual crimes?

Shame you couldn't back up your really bad idea without crying "Scilon" though. Check my posting record, I think it speaks for itself.

Also, I thought 'we' were a group of individuals - funny, I've only seen ONE type of person try and tar us all by association...
  16. TICTpxagain Member

Yeah fine whatever. Bawww about your non-existent right when they ream you in court - why not encourage others to do so too. I'm done with this for now, I've made the point and you're increasingly smelling like a troll.
  17. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

I didn't call you a Scilon moron. I said you've been eating ex-scilon dog shit for to long and your face is looking green.
  18. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Who in their right mind is going to accept a CD from Anonymous? Hmm? really? With our reputation?

How about a pamphlet with fair use quotes and url's? Can we print enough pamphlets to give out? Or maybe we can make a website about FREE SCIENTOLOGY DOX that lists all of the links.

However, I would prefer to get EVERYTHING on wikileaks, just so OSA doesn't go there and start demanding removal of content.
  19. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

So far? 35 people and counting.
  20. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

You are strong in the force. But I still think we should do a website.
  21. r3x Member

I see a lot of bawwwing, but not much action.
  22. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Then do it.
  23. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

um... i kan do website but are broke for the domain. oh well.
  24. SaintNona Member

Really? And where is this "right" expressed? It surely isn't enshrined in the constitution that you are able to distribute copyrighted works due to displeasure.
  25. TheAnonFruit Member

Dunno if anyone has posted this yet but why not just take a few good pages from each document and then include a link to the full document? That way it is almost certainly covered under Fair Use laws AND people can still believe that it is legitimate. I'm going to go through the leaks tomorrow and start assembling a package and from there I will start a torrent for the CD image.
  26. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Free Scientology Dox

It sucks right now. Not anything moar than copypasta. But I'm at work, and am late for my reports.
  27. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Freaki'in awesome. can someone obtain an easy to use URL redirect for all the peeps that are afraid of handing out CD's?
  28. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Not getting into a debate about the first amendment as it'll just turn into huge slap fight.