Customize

A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by megaphonebitch, Jun 9, 2008.

1. anyjane Member

Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Just throwing some stuff out there.

Where I'm at used books fall under first sale doctrine

First-sale doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so any copies of Dianetics or other books I'd find at a used bookstore, yard sale (or a library throaway since the original transaction was made, even if donated) I could give away to someone else freely. Even nearby a stress test table, mission or org.

A slip of paper included as a courtesy bookmark with an encapsulation of the Fishman Affidavit (public record) which just happens to contain the "spoiler" *should* be both legal and helps satisfy the curiosity of anyone who is interested in more information. Also, printed links on that bookmark to relevant info to guide them thisaway.
  2. twelve Member

OP: FUCK YES
  3. Toxic Rose Member

It wouldn't hurt to scour junk shops and bookmooch for old copies and keep them handy. They're pretty common in thrift shops, usually coming in at about $.30.
  4. Sargo Member

DO NOT BURN DISK WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTER

idk if this haz been said before

DO NOT BURN DISK WITH YOUR OWN COMPUTER THEY CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU

i read in a book about hackers, someone sending around floppys and cd's with codes on them, well cops were able, with that flobby and cd, to trace it right back to the persons location

DO NOT BURN DISK AND HAND THEM OUT, IF THEY CAME FROM YOUR COMPUTER
    unless u want to be sued and harressed and all that other shi
  5. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

[IMG]

A life living in fear is a boring one.
  6. SaintNona Member

Unless you want the COS to use you as a test case (read: sue your ass), I would recommend NOT handing out CDs burnt with copies of dianetics. Fail idea is fail.

Whether they can profit for them or not is a moot point. As they are the legal copyright holder, they have the exclusive right to make copies and distribute the material.

Getting ahold of the many copies they send to libraries, and giving these out for free WITH additional information? Win idea is win.
  7. Fear Not Member

Hey anyone can sell this shit on ebay, why would it be illegal?
    Except the OT levels, everything is out there I think?
    And it aint the COS selling it.
    scientology, Nonfiction Books, Audiobooks items on eBay.com

I will give away what my comfort level dictates, but I will give shit away.
    Dianetics is like $.25 on Amazon. lol

I like this.
  8. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Nope, doing it. suck it.
  9. anyjane Member

>>#87

CD's are not a fail idea and the basic idea is totally tailorable to anyone's comfort level. CD, free used books with info slipped in, what fucking ever gets the message out.

Some of us can spread books, others can spread it digitally. Adaptation.
  10. twelve Member

I like MPB. That is all.
  11. anonymous1312 Member

Got to go with this I am afraid. Fair use will not cover distribution of copies of complete works for any reason.

Excerpts being played as part of a critical discussion of the subject is a different matter.

Also, they will get all confused if OT 3 stuff is played do they deny it or do they sue for copyright?
  12. anonymous1312 Member

This is good however.
  13. enronanonron Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-ge...g-not-fund-raising-activity-17742/#post333916

14. Happy Cat Member

enronanonron

[IMG]
  15. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Keep in mind that Fair Use doesn't protect you from the CoS suing you, raiding you etc - it is a legal defense you could try if that happened, but usually they would not consider giving out whole copies to be fair use.

Personally I think it should be perfectly legal to give out religious texts for free, but at the moment the CoS has an absurd copyright obsession and a habit of suing people. So if you do this, take steps to avoid getting sued and be aware of the risk.

What is the legality of handing out cards with links to Dianetics, OT levels etc? Could Dianetics be hosted online somewhere without being subjected to legal action?
  16. Toxic Rose Member

I was thinking signs like this would be fun for the spylons...every time they start snapping hold 'em toward the camera...they'll all end up seeing them.
  17. Tuesday Member

I would just like to point out that you can buy many of Scientology's books (Clear, 0 to 8 blah blah blah) at chain book stores around the United States. I know this because I've slit open the plastic wrap on them to drop yftcs in many of them. Since when are trade secrets available at book stores near you?
  18. avatar2008 Member

Using their claims of religion to attack their claims of being secular entity (read: Business) is outrageously fabulously brilliant!!!

Ultimate Footbullet!
    Using the very concept that CoS used to escape and abuse the long arm of the law to turn it against them!

Doing this WILL split Scientology into two camps:
    1) Believers that believe Scientology is a legitimate religion and SHOULD begin behaving like a real religion, with the anonymous threat looming,

VS;

2) Believers who are out to make a "living" from Scientology courses, books, etc.
  19. anyjane Member

Heck yes. Shopdropping totally rules.
  20. SaintNona Member

Thats fine, just don't come BAWWWING when your ass gets sued.
  21. p0m Member

22. Puddlewhite Member

Didnt read the whole thread, just the first few pages, and offcource there are those that as usual advocate extreme cauton.
    I say FUCK THAT. We need to get our hands dirty, if we want to see some real progress. We need to get in their faces, we need to hit them where it hurts. Politely giving pamphlets to curious bystanders isnt going to do that. We need to get some documented scilon atacks, even if we provoke them. We need to make them double guess every person that comes into their orgs, so start walking in and asking for xenu. We need to use so much chalk on their front steps that every single person who walks by is aware that something was going on- long after we have left.
    And yes, we need to make their teachings available for everyone to laugh at, and be ready to go to court, and be ready to blow the story wide open when this happens.

Feel free to flame, and call me stupid, and suggest i shoud an hero. I just want to see the job done, not dragged in the next century.
  23. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Go read the whole thread. Alot of good info in most pages. We need more fire and brimstone like this... if a bit more directed. Less hate, more fuck you.

1. You’re an idiot if you go into an org with the intent to harass them.

2. Provoking a physical attack is not the same as getting in fights. If you are attacked (which is very unlikely unless the person is stupid) sit the fuck down. The entire point of this thread was to find ways to provoke doubt in low level members and spread their "super secret dox" all over the place in front of them.

3. Do not turn this fucking thread into your personal slap fight about things that aren't even relevant to OP.
  24. indeedindeed Member

No, there is already progress. And new ideas may add to this progress. I like the style of the proposed idea, sounds like it may work as long as it doesn't result in people entering an org, because they read/liked "Dianetics" which they got from a protestor. So accompanying info about freezone and/or about the dark sides of CoS should be given.
  25. Skeptic1337 Member

Disagree with using this for Freezone propaganda, completely. If you have the balls to hand out all the CoS info do that + some Anon information sites + critic sites. Do a variation of that say dianetics + anon + critic sites pamphlets, stuff that is on the safe side of the fence and cut their bookathon donations and starve them of cash.

Freezone wants free advertizing they should do that themselves.
  26. indeedindeed Member

I'm just thinking bout someone reading the material and actually supporting it. I don't want that this person enters an Org the very next day and begins to finance CoS.
  27. r3x Member

It's a numbers game. Odds are that most people who read all the leaked dox and learn how much Scientology is hiding, how much of a scam it is, etc., will have nothing to do with it. If by some cosmic irony we actually feed a few dimwits to Scientology, then those dimwits deserve what they get. Meanwhile, the cult will come crashing down around them.

BTW MPB, I will make sure to do this at every flash raid/major protest from now on.
  28. anonymous612 Member

I will be seriously considering providing wikileaks links with quotes (because I'm too cheap/lazy to burn cds...). Personally, I think it's a great idea, and very adaptable.
  29. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Also, theoretically they'd already be suppressed and need some time in RPF due to reading the OT's untrained.
  30. TICTpxagain Member

Will review the full thread in due course, and this has almost certainly been said already, but what you're suggesting is TOTALLY ILLEGAL and possibly the most failsome idea I've heard in a long time.

I know it seems wrong that Scientolgy claims to be a religion yet still agressively enforces it's copyrights. It is wrong. But as the law stands they can do this, and if you go around giving out their works you'll get sued and, depending on your local laws possibly prosecuted. Bad for Anon PR, very bad for your liberty and pocketbook.

If you want to do something, lobby your legislature to introduce an exclusion of literary copyright for works that claim to be religious scripture.
  31. Skeptic1337 Member

Actually and probably one of the exes can answer this. I think they have a class or some shit to take care of OT exposure. You will cost them money down the road which I wouldn't shed any tears about either :)
  32. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

For every one that falls ten more will rise. I believe this is an important enough issue that some are willing to risk it with civil disobedience, law suits, etc., some will modify the idea to be more law abiding, but this concept is apart of what Chanology is all about.

Freedom of though. Freedom of believe. Freedom of information. The truth speaks for itself. I believe the general public and a jury will side with us if it comes down to that. Just like the removal of the Tom Cruise video, if they start suing people it will piss even more people off.

Yeah, a couple of us might get v&. But that’s a choice you make. The value outweighs the consequences for me.

As I stated in the OP. Do not attempt this unless you’re prepared.
  33. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Arnie Lerma's case shouldn't be used as precedence for this tactic. That was when the media and the general public didn’t give a shit. They could have silenced him and no one would have cared.
  34. Thetan Ass Member

Megaphonebitch...PM me please...or contact me THX.
    Thetan Ass
  35. Puddlewhite Member

NO U

Or, to be more formal- i red well into the thread, so i passed a post of yours where you share your views on the other posters, wich is relevant to the OP how, exactly? Im not turning the thread into a slapfest, just anticipating responses. Like yours.
    The equasion is simple, i think- WHATEVER we do, they will yell harasent, and will act acordingly. All we need to do is make sure were not seen as harassing by the police, becouse you know they are going to be called.
    I just saw a bold idea, and i thought this woud be a good place to point out how much more effective such tactics as flashraiding, and actual confrontations are, and that this is a step in the right direction, and we shoudnt stop walking... And i wanted to give a counterpoint to the people who are affraid that the cult is gonna get them if they so much as sneeze out of the law. What was it, if you wanna make an omlet, you have to break some eggs?
  36. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Much more clear.

/agreed
  37. A_nonchalant Member

I think it would hurt the local cause a lot if you got v&. You're one of our most active members. Think carefully about who could replace you if you had your hands full dealing with legal issues.
  38. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

A v& wont stop me. A v& doesn't stop you from protesting. I have little to nothing of real value to lose.

1. I am not a member. I contribute my viewpoint to an idea.
    2. Everything is replaceable. Including me. Including this site. Including you.

But, this isn't about me. it's about a message and a tactic. Focus on the concept. Not the person presenting the concept.
  39. Puddlewhite Member

Oh noes V& jesus crist V&. You know, its not really a van that comes, a hood on the head and the you dissapear forever. IF they are stupid enough to go to court (how can they, without sewing wikilieaks, South park, every freezoner out there an half of the internet), woudnt they actually need to admit they believe in the xenu story, in order to have ANY chance to succeed? Woudnt this be a massive footbulet? A one that we can actually proove? And in a time that the news media is ready to cover anything scietology-oriented than ever before?