Customize

A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by megaphonebitch, Jun 9, 2008.

1. A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

YouTube - A Message

Transcript:
    My brothers and sisters.

I come to you today with a message of clarity.

Progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step towards our goal requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.

All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another. Within exposing the despicable crimes of the cult of scientology we have vilified those who follow unknowing. We have alienated those who we are trying to get through to. We have vilified our biggest weapon. The cult itself.

In so doing we have burned many bridges unknowingly. Many members of the Church do not even know why; we; are protesting them. They are afraid of us. They fear us. Like any human being they fear the unknown.

Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must begrudgingly accept our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, anger producing more anger - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation along with those we struggle against.

In the last half year we have been successful in getting the general public aware of who we are; and why; we are protesting the cult organization of Scientology. Why is it that we've ignored the indoctrinated? Why is it we've done little but throw their beliefs in their face?

This is a war of information. Not hate.

Our weapons are knowledge. Not crimes.

Our strength is in numbers, in education, in our anonymity, in our will to succeed. Not antagonism.

Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.

The hope of a secure and free network lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.

Like all other ideas, movements, societies and cultures we must learn from the past or are doomed to repeat others mistakes. We must look to those who have walked before us through the shadowy alleyways leading to justice.

Anonymous is not the makers of history.

We are what history makes of us.

We must always be wary of this fact.

My answer to this video:
    Start burning copies of everything. Dianetics, the OT levels, all the leaks, executive courses, training manuals, the gold info pack, all our collected research, everything and start handing it out at protests. Have one person with a sign hand them out. Someone prepped for the problems that may occur. Prepped to speak with the police. Prep to speak with scilons.

Let them know this is about freedom of information. Let them know it's about fair use. I can get a copy of the bible for free but I can't get a copy of Dianetics? What are they going to have the police do? Arrest you for giving out the belief system they're pushing? Let them know that although we disagree with them, we disagree with LRH, the tech is shit, their belief system is not the issue. The corrupt money driven cult behind them is.

Thousands of people around the world. Giving out all their secrets for free. Right next to stress tests tables. Right next to the people trying to sell the general public a money making pipe dream.

I used chants like,

"You aren't out here to promote your religion, you're out here to sell books. The RTC is lying to you. You're a tool."

"That's right folks, a 350,000 dollar discount, you can believe in aliens too! I've got free copies of Dianetics, free copies of the scientology executive courses, free copies of the OT levels, all here, for free. No stress test needed. No money making cult required."

"You can be clear too! I've got all the training course documentation you need to be clear. For free on CD! Right here, right now!"

"I'm giving out free copies of Dianetics people. The same book these people are trying to sell you. Why? Because belief is free, Religion is free, Knowledge is free. No one should have to pay to believe in something."

Even if someone does join the cult after they've read the stuff... they read the OT's... theoretically they'd die per LRH's writings.

I ended up having SF's police sergeant being called to arrest me. The scilons were insanely pissed. He took one look at my sign and gave me the thumbs up.

35 copies of all their secrets... in peoples hands. To be spread. And there's nothing they can do about it.

How do you stop the cult? Turn the members on the org, stop the sale of courses, stop the sale of books. Who wants to buy a book when they can get it for free?

Image related:
    IMG_2992.jpg

tl:dr - give their shit out and watch them freak out.
  2. Anne Ominous Member

Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Yes yes and moar yes. Especially at the smaller protests and at flash raids.
  3. Happy Cat Member

I was unaware you could just give the shit out what with all their copyright nonsense.
    If so, that's a fuckin' nice way to flip 'em the bird and educate/innoculate folks at the same time. :smile:
  4. Anonymeep Member

I like this idea, and the related argument: if you can get all the material outside of CoS, and you can do auditing outside of CoS, what makes CoS Scientology different/better than freezone? What is the difference? That they are paying for it?
  5. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

exactly.
  6. the anti Member

megaphonebitch, will you father my children?
  7. Anonagi Member

I wonder about the legality of such things...hmm...

I'd love to do it if I could find their fucking stress test carts!
  8. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

I'll think about it. Perhaps next time I'm in LA. Until then... start handing their shit out for free.
  9. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

it isn't legal technically. I did alot of homework before I went out there and did this. You can argue fair use? And it depends on what permits they have. But really, based on my civil talks with hatted book seller Scilons the one thing that pisses them off the most is that people aren't getting the "Help" Dianetics will give them. If that's no longer an issue... What the hell are they going to tell the police. (In America)

"These guys are out here giving out all my religious secrets! Can you please come out here and stop them!" ... if they're out there to promote their religion.. how on earth could they even feel good about doing that? Remember, these people aren't monsters. They're people.

Plus, I'm super tired of being called a Nazi 3 times a week in RL.
  10. Dr.McNinja Member

I love this, it sorta gets us back to the roots. I say complie it all onto one nice little package and put it all on one CD. While the legality hinges on questionable, they would have to identify you first, and I don't think local police are well versed enough in DMCA to bother you, the Co$ doesn't have the authority to ask for your personal information, so as long as you can maintain anonymity you will be safe as there is no way to 100% positivly ID you from one protest to anonther if proper measures are taken. Free digital copies of Diarhetics will be awesome, but I suggest we write a very good logical counter argument to the points made in the book to give balanced perspective and to keep the stupid from falling into the cult anyways. If an Anon is at every book sale giving out what they get 20 bucks for for free, they will never sell another copy EVER AGAIN!

One other addition, have a couple of special CD's on hand to give to scientologists that ask for copies that have a message we are trying to send to scientologists.
  11. mojo Member

another tack - headley told us the flash raids were very effective, the scilons couldn't deal. now they seem to be trying some things like blacking out their windows

towards the end of her talk at the boston skeptics pooks mentioned some things that would get through to the members of the cult such as the fact that davey was/is squirreling the tech.

signs and flyers directed towards scilons?

things about who has recently blown
    links to the leaked documents
    free copies of the books are less likely to be a legal issue
    ripped copies of stuff?? you might just be giving them some ammunition to start a serious lawsuit.
  12. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

I still regard them as the enemy. OSA especially.
  13. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

The objective of a lawsuit is not to win. it's to shut your critic up. I dare them to bring a lawsuit on us for handing out their core religious doctrine. I look at it in another light. A lawsuit gives us major ammunition to shut their stress tables down forever or legalize / set precedent for free distribution of Dianetics. or get a very hard eye on their tax exempt status as a nonprofit.

If they do this they lose. No matter the outcome.
  14. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

As do I. I've personally experienced OSA in action. The real deal. This doesn't change that.
  15. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Mmm. It's just that the video seems a little...nice? Something like that. Naive sounds a bit better. I know that your message doesn't really play into the video all that much, but it sets me a bit on edge as to how it presents itself. This is, and shall remain, a war. An information war, sure, but a war nonetheless.
  16. sockpuppet Member

This is an awesome concept. But I think we have to be mindful about how aggressively CoS protects it's copyright. Arnie Lerma being raided by Federal Marshals and high-ranking CoS officials for leaking upper level stuff on the internet is testament to that. I do think the CoS may use it as an opportunity to try and nail some of us, especially if it becomes widespread. But it sounds like you have done some research here and probably have a better idea than I do whether they'll be able to gain a legal foothold.

They'll still be pissed as hell that you're circumventing their attempts to up their stats, not that is necessarily a bad thing.
  17. TheLetterN Member

Err, you might want to doublecheck this "lots of homework" you've done and go ask Keith Henson how they liked him distributing OT levels on the Internet. You might sound all big "daring" them but if you think that will actually keep them from arranging a date with you in court, you're far off. And, frankly, as far as the legality of copyright goes, they might just win it too. Legalese and common sense don't always go hand in hand.

TL;DR: IMHO spreading their copyrighted content at protests, AKA right in front of their noses AND the police, is a fucktarded idea.

My 2 cents.
  18. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Again. i don't disagree with you. This is a war. But not all the heavy lifting must be done by us. The cult will eat the cult if played out properly.

Naive? No. Cynical at best. I would like to think I'm pretty well informed. Being nice is a tactic.... just like hug raids, just like monthly protests. Just as we've demonized them, this can de-demonize us to low level members and intelligent high level members.

Example:
    Explaining this concept to a 20 year member in public... he asked me quietly if I was recording him. When I said no, he said, "You're a good person. You're right. We many be enemies, but I can't say you don't have a point."
  19. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Says someone who joined 4/9. The key is distribution in RL. I got a thumbs up from the sergeant of my local police. I challenge them to serve me a trial summons at a mini raid. if they do? i'll win.

I can get a copy of the bible for free. I can get a copy of the Qur'an for free. I can't get a copy of Dianetics for free? fuck you. You have the tax exempt status of a religion in America. Act like one. if not, you're a business.
  20. TheLetterN Member

Right, cause my Enturbulation join date means everything. Make no mistake, I've been in this since January. Now can we move on to my message instead of shooting at the poster?

The key is not distribution in RL. Most of these documents make absolutely no sense to people on the street, let alone when being handed out by people wearing masks. You're very cool with the thumbs up and the challenging and all, but if you think that gives you any legal advantage, you're dead wrong.

I refer you to my point about legalese and common sense.
  21. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

How about this. I'm going to keep handing out dox for free. You don't have to. I'm going to keep promoting the concept. and you can simply disagree with it. and I don't want to PM anything with you.

I value peoples opinion on how much they contribute. Based on your posting history.. you contribute little and bitch much. If you really have been around so long.. you've said, or contributed little.

Ideas are of value. Naysaying is not.
  22. TheLetterN Member

I don't see why you need to get up your horse like that. You made a suggestion, I thought it was a bad one and pointed out why. You can choose to do it, I can choose not to, that's how it's always been -- in fact, I specifically stated it's just my opinion. I don't need you to PM me, I don't really see why you would bring that up.
  23. mojo Member

i hear you, but if they namefag one person distributing "pirated" material and go after them, they will need a lawyer and it's no laughing matter. these fuckers are "scorched earth" they don't care about winning you're right, but they do care about inflicting damage. seems to me there are less dangerous ways to achieve anon's ends without setting anons up to be cannon fodder.
  24. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

You've got to break few eggs to make an omelet. As stated in OP. Don't do this unless you're prepared.

For every one that falls ten more will come to take their place.
  25. Anne Ominous Member

Give it to the $cilons themselves. Blowtastic.
  26. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

FYI, I hate this guy, but this i the only post I can quote him on without inserting random obscene words into the quoted text.
  27. leroyjenkins Member

How long ago did the Scientology raided someones house for secrets? Well we are in 2008, and we dictate the policy now; Hell they cannot raid enturbulation or shut this site down. They tried to sue wikileaks, it failed. They cannot enforce their copyrights as they used to, because how many leaks came out of the Co$, hundreds probably entering its thousand. If Moxon and KKKobrin want to go after us they can. but the game has changed. Amended laws regarding copyright is now on the books.

Like someone said earlier, they have the religous status, they need to act like one because religious materials are free. If they dont act like one by trying to dupe people into buy a shitty book then they are a business. People we need to step it up, get them flustered even more!!!
  28. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

Enters jenkins... legal expertise at it's best. now, all of us fags debating legal matters. jenkins knows his shit. Don't fuck with that. :D
  29. leroyjenkins Member

Okay heres all case precedent and records in abridged format of Scientology Litigious Nature dealing with copyrights. Scientology and the Courts - Commentary
  30. leroyjenkins Member

The Green Light is here: Fair Use is highligted under Section 107 in Title 17 of the US Code

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author's observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work. Interpretation Much? The author is protected, not Scientology, a belief system.
  31. MarcabEmpress Member

Get around the copyright issue by handing out CDs with Fair Use amounts of each OT level and document on wikileaks, plus URLS for the complete docs.
  32. leroyjenkins Member

The government in law doesnt say anything on how much can you use of the works. It doesnt say 10%, 20%, 50%, it doesnt give any precentages at all, nor it doesnt tell you how many words it can be used to consitute fair use. Basically I can leave the last word blank of dianetics and it would be fair use.

Plus blame Scilon Sonny Bono for creating an extension to the 1976 Copyright Acts.
  33. $noware Member

Interesting point on being non-profit. Doesn't non-profit mean recouping only the costs of manufacture and distribution? Can a non-profit organization make a claim that they are being financially hurt because free distribution of their documents cuts into their opportunities for making a profit? How can a non-profit argue a claim that someone is harming their ability to profit? THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PROFIT. Or am I missing something?
  34. Re: A Message (New Protest Fag Enturbulation Tactics)

It'd be hilarious to shut down a stress test cart by giving their shit away for free! But, as much as I love this idea, and admire those who dare to do it, it does sound risky - I have a feeling that if it happens more the CoS will wise up to it and start hitting back with copyright lolsuits. So only do this if you are willing to take that risk.

And include this review of Dianetics by Salon.com:
    Stranger than fiction - Salon.com

35. adeathofcult Member

A safe alternative is to give away secondhand/used etc copies. That is perfectly legal. Paired with something like a "cake/hug for your used Dianetics book" you could safely put the stress test carts out of business.
  36. anon1957 Member

I think that as long as you don't publish this material to sell, the cult would be opening a 1st amendment can of worms to go after individuals who are proselytizing free religion.

This is how I see it: Megaphonebitch was "preaching" -- "evangelizing" an alternative "religion" to the organization of scientology. And I can't see how any court in the US would want to do anything to stiffle that sort of free speech--practice of religion.

Part of what the 1st amendment does is protect individuals who want to practice religion outside the auspices of formal organized religious bodies.

Any beat cop is going to laugh his or her ass off at any complaint from bookselling scilons. If the scilons get upset enough, they might resort to trying to namefag a person doing this in order to serve them with a civil suit. I would say that this would be an issue that any number of civil liberties lawyers would LOVE to get involved in. I also think that an awful lot of evangelicals would be interested in this--just think of the Baptists. Those people have schismed and split so many times that it is impossible to keep track. But they are all still Baptists. Or the Anglican - Episcopal issue.

I don't think the cult can continue to have it both ways. If their books and other media are religious in nature, then they cannot limit people's right to practice any religion as they choose to practice it, outside the auspices of formal scientology. If they are "secular" then they are protected under copyright, so then what is all the secrecy about?

Also, what megaphonebitch is doing is really no different than going to a public library, where almost all the books are under copyright, and using library provided machines to copy entire chapters from a book one wishes to study. Hell, you can go to a library and make a copy of Dianetics if you want.

I really doubt that the cult is going to want to get too close to the supreme court with the arguments they have so far seemed to get away with using.

So get out there and start practicing the religion of Free Religion for Everyone on the Internet.
  37. an_anonymous Member

it would be funny if no one touched the free dianetics, let alone the free stress test
  38. Robert S Member

Sounds crazy enough to work, just so long as the people getting the free stuff don't go "hey this is interesting" and go sign up for services. It would be a bummer if all it did was disseminate their bullcrap for them.
  39. Anonymeep Member

If you want to give away copies, write to libraries asking if they received any boxes with Scilon material lately that they want to get rid of. Tell them that you've found a good use for them. Librarians don't like throwing away books, but they often end up doing it with the boxes and boxes of stuff CoS sends them. If you offer to pick up the books, they may well be happy to give them to you.

Then offer them for free next to a Dianetics table.. with a nice critical review written in the front. How can they object? They want people to read their material, right?
  40. Anonymeep Member

Also, I've been wanting to do a reverse book drive. ie, a similar looking table to the Dianetics one... only with piles of good 2nd hand scifi books on them. Hand in your unwanted Dianetics book here and pick out some good scifi in return!