Customize

A humble proposal.

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

A humble proposal.

I humbly submit to you the mods and you the broader WWP community a list of actions which I believe should be infractable.

1) Making jokes about being paid by big pharma.

2) Making any jokes about getting paid to protest.

3) Inserting $ anywhere into The Church of Scientology or any associated abbreviations.

4) Making jokes about David Miscavige being short.
    5) Making jokes about David Miscavige hitting people.
    6) Caring about celebrity gossip.
    7) Making bad puns (Ie "Bridge to total freedumb." "John Ravolta," ect)
    8) Being RockyJ or Proxima Centurari
    9) Using any form of the word "lulz."
    10) Making threads like this.

Thank you for your consideration.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: A humble proposal.

So I hear you liek Mudkipz.
  3. thefatman Member

[IMG]
  4. Anonymous Member

So, my big pharma employer gave me $50 to stand on the corner and wave signs about $cilons and how the dwarf DM beats Santa Clause. They also give me free magazines about Tom Cruise's latest endorsement of the sea ogres. LAWLULZ.
  5. Anonymous Member

Also, use of the term "Caek" should be infractable.
  6. Hicks Member

I'm seriously considering this
  7. mongrel Member

STFU!!! You're an idiot!
  8. Anonymous Member

Please, don't ever leave us alone with "the others" again, Hicks!

<3
  9. Anonymous Member

How's 'bout "O$A"?
  10. mongrel Member

I'd ban you for that

brb, working on gaining modhood
  11. Anonymous Member

I liek 0$A better
  12. Anonymous Member

Fixed.
  13. Anonymous Member

"Liek" should get you a warning the first time and an infraction after that.
  14. Anonymous Member

this thread is bad and you should feel bad
  15. Re: A humble proposal.

If we wouldn't be accused of being Nazis and censoring people for doing this, I'd add these to the forum rules right now.

Who am I kidding, we get accused of being Nazis and Censoring people as it is.
  16. Anonymous Member

i say do it
  17. grebe Member

Other than "lulz," I liek.
  18. exOT8Michael Member

I think OP would love the RPF of WWP, otherwise known as the Dome.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

11) Making stale jokes about the dome, such as calling it the RPF of WWP. (It might have been slightly entertaining in 2008-early 2009 when the dome was actually the dome, but now...)
  20. BusinessBecky Member

12) for thinking the dome was ever really interesting
  21. Miranda Member

I agree with OP and appreciate the post.
  22. Anonymous Member

I agree with

Who cares if people do make jokes about Miscavige being short, $cientology etc.?

Also what you got against RockyJ and Proxima Centurari?

23. Scythe Member

PLEASE YES
  24. Rockyj Member

Co$ wonders why Scientologist's in numbers are dwindling & lack of new members.
  25. Astoria Member

No.
  26. Trouble Moderator

I'm pretty much on the edge of infracting this entire thread, only thing stopping me is I can't infract Swell :p

Also Rocky, Chanology is not necessarily shrinking. Not that I'm going to say where my cell is located, but it has been growing in size for a year now.

Learn to take a little self deprecating humor, it makes one feel better.
  27. RightOn Member

tee hee
  28. Re: A humble proposal.

considering the art of free choice and the ability to not respond where you see fit as an individual and the fact that anon and anyone who truly believes in no barriers hive mutation mixed with the whole idea that controlling information is a weapon of cults in which we fight, then any suggestion other than those that come from teenage testosterone levels and their equally matched estrogen partners, and perhaps even some trolling, then OP is folly. Pure folly i say.
  29. Anonymous Member

I agree, they look after us well and we shouldn't be taking the piss.
  30. Re: A humble proposal.

I love these jokes :(
    I will agree that these are considerably over-used to the point that they are quite stale, and they are not conducive to intelligent discourse. I am at a loss for what to do about this, but I am sure that making these infractible will cause an incredible amount of pointless drama and in the end will be counterproductive.

I do think there exists a need to define "suggested conduct." I.E. I think there should be a formal list enumerating things that are not explicitly against the rules but are considered horribly annoying.
  31. Anonymous Member

13) for posting anonymous and making mean hurting remarks that you would never do using your real account. also bad grammar.
  32. Re: A humble proposal.

I hope you see why this is a bad idea.
  33. RightOn Member

Its obvious (well to me anyways)
    that the OP was just joking but also trying to point out to other posters that some of the posting is getting stale using the same 'ol thangs and to please stop it.

and obvioulsy the OP hates celebrity gossip, as many others. But when these celebrities are cult supporters, they should be watched and discussed. But you can't be serious all the time. And as long as it is posted in chit chat, then what's the harm of a little levity?

to really infract posters for these things would be a drama-palooza. (< woops! infractable?) and a waste of time
    Plus noobs would never have a chance

EDITED: the mention of infracting for bad grammar has come up before.
    That is ridiculous ( besides the fact that I have some of the worst grammar on WWP)

After all, this ain't no school! tee hee (is using tee hee better than using lol? I find them both annoying, but I use lol anyways)
  34. Anonymous Member

Likely the last person whom should say it but... Infraction!
  35. Miranda Member

Haha about bad grammar. I don't think mods should misuse rules to go on a petty infraction rampage about this stuff, but in extreme cases this kind of bad joke can be derailing and has even been used by Scientologist trolls trying to enhance their credibility. A rule about it would be useful in those cases. And yes, it's possible to go too far specifying every possible misbehavior. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a little more focus at times. Moderator misbehavior should also be infractible.
  36. Anonymous Member

can I haz n1ze p0stin6 roolez? me GrammAr g00d.
  37. Anonymous Member

Using drama-palooza while staying within context is not as annoying as one of the OP's lines inserted randomly we are paid by the big pharma guys trollolol in a sentence or paragraph. Made you laugh didn't i? If not i am pretty certain the little midget dwarf gnome will beat his staff over it, because words on the internet make him rage, so i will go on doing so.

In all seriousness, "noobs" more often than not get confused by such jokes. I vaguely recall someone asking about those checks, that didn't end well..
  38. Anonymous Member

687pxtrolling101.gif
  39. Krautfag Member

I humbly propose to add to this list a b-list of reverse infraction. Let's say you post something like:

David Miscavige is so short that he rides to work on the Int cockroaches.

That earns you an infraction.
    Now you post something nice from the b-list, earn a brownie point and have your infraction removed.

Suggested b-list to serve as an example:

1) posting gore
    2) calling the mods psychopathic nazi fags
    3) posting tits
    4) more tits
    etc.

You get the picture.
  40. Fuckeye Member

No.

No.

Yes.