Customize

A Current Affair (AusTV) coverge of the senate hearings

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Zhent, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Zhent Member

A Current Affair (AusTV) coverge of the senate hearings

Got the heads up on EMSB that Janette (2 coerced abortions, was at the hearing) would be on ACA for a story to do with the senate hearings - Janette is on A Current Affair - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Basically it was a neat little 5-10 minute segment covering the senate hearings and the inquiry in general. Senator Xenophon was featured extolling the virtues of the bill as usual, as well some guy who was running a legitimate free food charity (for the last 30 years!) who commented he had never seen any Scientologists out on the streets helping people, and that their 'charity' only helped themselves. There was also a brief appearance by Janette on coercion, and also Narconon Melbourne for some reason.

Oh, and they played the video of Mike "The New Zealand Dollar Collapsed" Ferriss. :D

Not sure if we will be getting video on this, here is the website anyway: A Current Affair - Main Stories - ninemsn News

Edit: Video
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAf4W26-cKU[/ame]
  2. Re: A Current Affair (AusTV) coverge of the senate hearings

Interestingly, CoS Official Comment about the NZ losses seems to confirm what was being said about the Ideal Org funding.
  3. Sponge Member

Re: A Current Affair (AusTV) coverge of the senate hearings

Nice one. Looking forward to video.
    I wonder if Bryan Seymour is preparing something for another Today Tonight follow-up.
  4. Anonymous Member

sorry -I'm being thick - can you explain further?
  5. Anonymous Member

video is up on the site
  6. Sponge Member

7. Anonymous Member

The cult is getting completely trounced.

Every time they speak they come across as so obviously either lying or completely deluded.
  8. Barry41 Member

Awesome
  9. Anonymous Member

What? Where?
  10. charlie Member

11. Anonymous Member

For some reason i can't watch it.
  12. Anonymous Member

Does anyone know how to capture it for the youtube?
  13. Anonymous Member

ZOMG it's Father Bob!!!
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

Can't you feel 'em closin' in, honey?
    Can't you feel 'em schoolin' around?
    You got
    FINS to the left,
    FINS to the right,
    and you're the ONLY girl in town.
  15. Anonymous Member

can we ripp it and upload it to yt?
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

At the end of the report the presenter says:

This is consistent with their worldwide pattern of ensuring money flows "uplines" to the headquarters - even from supposedly charitable operations. Management fees, repayment of "loans" and "debts", licensing charges - whatever it takes to make the books show a profit of zero and keep the cash moving to the top of the pyramid.
  18. RightOn Member

OMG!!!
    That was GREAT! And they included the best bit from the hearing about the numbers drop and him cracking up!!!

The priest with the soup kitchen= golden

Fabulous!

EDITED: I did want to mention that Janette reminded me of Little Red Riding Hood in that red cape and hair bow, walking through the woods. COS could have played the wolf part lol!
  19. Bipolart Member

LOL! The media knows that Scientology is laughable, and so does the Senate.

And the snowball keeps getting bigger.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  21. Anonymous Member

Sen. Cameron's laugh is priceless.
  22. Anonymous Member

It's because Scientology likes to boast Narconon as part of it's "good public work" ("we sponsor narconon blah blah"). The thing is, Narconon is a money-making machine to the Church of Scientology, through fat licensing fees, training, books and materials, and add on top millions in donations. There is no way they can fool minimally informed people into believing this line. The net money flow goes upward from Narconon to Scientology, never downward. NEVER.
  23. RightOn Member

What Ferris said was GOLDEN.
    I am just glad for all those in NZ who did not watch the Benefit Hearings, still got the chance to hear Ferris's fail comment on the news
    Just brings a tear to my eye
  24. Re: A Current Affair (AusTV) coverge of the senate hearings

ThanX for the tips & the video! DIGG -> ACACh9: Scientology Fights Public Benefit Tax in OZ [video]
  25. thefatman Member

Precisely. Also, I wonder why it is that they continue to fucking plug Narconon as being one of their super-duper-awesome-amazing things for the "public benefit" seeing as they have a whopping THREE centres in the country (according to the site at least).

Their pitiful attempts to get people to drink the Kool-Aid is utterly disgusting.
  26. xenubarb Member

I know! I want to make it into a cloak and wear it always.
  27. xenubarb Member

I loved the explanation about the income drop in NZ. Ferris delivered that with a straight face and earnest authority. This is what they do to their members. They lie to the poor mutts, knowing most of 'em haven't a clue about devaluation of currency or economics, and that they will nod and repeat the explanation to others.

Good think Cameron isn't one of their moron monkey minions. His choked out "Whuuut?" is priceless. I demand he be made an internet star!
  28. AnonyVix Member

Got to love Ferris's demonstration of his Scientology enhanced memory. Clearly he forgot about that one off loan, a loan that accounted for a drop in income of $2.3 million NZ.

If I was in an organisation that had borrowed 2.3 million dollars and then paid it back I think I would remember, you'd imagine that would be generally known; it isn't like Ferris claimed to have no financial knowledge regarding the cult in New Zealand.

He could have said he wasn't anything to do with the accounts and that would have been a more believable ploy but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  29. RolandRB Member

Or they can fabricate the figures. I think they do exactly that.
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

Even then, his name is in the company registry as an administrator (There was a link posted somewhere.), there is no way he wouldn't know about this.
  32. mnql1 Member

Just a reminder: it was Mike Ferriss who sent a document entitled "Anonymous: Their History and Crimes" to the employer of a protester in Christchurch, New Zealand in October 2008. Jeff Stone showed the same document with a different cover and title ("Anonymous: Who They Are, What They Do"), to the Riverside County Board of Supervisors on December 9, 2008.

Mikey's second effort at Fair Gaming me
    Mikey's second effort at Fair Gaming me - post with link to document
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

YouTube - Scientology: Jeff Stone describes Anonymous, Riverside County, Dec. 9, 2008
  33. RightOn Member

yes, what goes around comes around. Eh Mikey?
  34. Anonymous Member

Excellent podcast! TY for posting it, I'd never heard it.

Curiously, they still use his stuttering self to speak for the.. above us nation.
  35. Triumph Member

The Punch

Time is running out for the Church of Scientology by Nick Xenophon
    Believe it or not, Senate Inquiries can generate all sorts of humorous exchanges.
    Time is running out for the Church of Scientology | Article | The Punch

comments are open.

Other Articles by Nick Xenophon
    http://www.thepunch.com.au/author-bios/nick-xenophon/
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

Ha, I hadn't thought of that. :-D

I think Janette is gorgeous. She's got a very unique look, that's for sure.
  37. EyeOnSci Member

Great to see Aussie media is keeping up on the truth being revealed about where tax dollars are going.

I lol'd when I saw Senator Cameron. He was holding his head down over his laptop computer trying so hard to contain his LOLs at the exchange rate excuse for Scientology's 87% drop of reported income in NZ.

The guy on the street who has been giving food bank donations with his church since 1978, has never seen a Scientologist on the streets doing any beneficial work for the community.

Lovely shit storm. Simply. Lovely.
  38. tippytoe Member

39. Anonymous Member

Typical that Vagina Stewart would try imply XenUphon's Bill is full of fail.
    What a bunch of dunces.
    The still refuse to see the writing on the wall. They're royally screwed because they are not able to prove/justify any public benefit to the community via scientology or any of it's tentacles.There just isn't proof of public benefit from something that states it only helps the able be more able and has something called 'out-exchange'

Those clowns don't have much hope or retaining the tax-free gravy train. Not when Aus has religious/charitable groups that take food to central locations on a daily basis....offer clothing, temp houwsing, furniture for free to the desperate, off financial assistance with utilities and even rental bond.
    Scientology itself teaches that charity is a bad thing.

How the fuck can these idiot scientologists actually believe they can justify a public benefit they provide when dox are long out of how their bait&switch recruitment works
  40. Sponge Member

I know, lol, like just who the fuck goes and tries to dead agent a senator live on camera at senate committee public hearing?