Customize

9/5/14: Motion to Dismiss denied in Gore v Narconon Gulf Coast, Inc. (re Scientology rehab)

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 10, 2014.

1. 9/5/14: Motion to Dismiss denied in Gore v Narconon Gulf Coast, Inc. (re Scientology rehab)

This may be a new case people are not aware of.

Supreme Court of the State of New York
    County of New York, Part 35

(Note: In New York, the "Supreme Court" is actually the name of the trial court.)

9/5/14: Motion to Dismiss denied in Gore v Narconon Gulf Coast, Inc.
    http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2014/2014-ny-slip-op-32348-u.html

Excerpts:
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Quentinanon Member

Looks like some folks in the NYC courts are wise to scientology shenanigans.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fishypants Moderator

Thanks for interesting link. Is this one of the Hamilton cases?

Update: answering my own question, it doesn't appear to be Hamilton.

The summons is here:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/153650785/Gore-v-Narconon-Gulf-Coast-Debbie-Ross

and the attorney is shown as John Crossman of NY.

It's good to see different law firms starting to pile on.

Discussion here: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6462.msg31386.html#msg31386

Perhaps someone who's registered for comments at the Bunker could let Tony know about this case?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BigBeard Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  6. BigBeard Member

I really loved the way the Judge hammered narCONon's arguements into the dirt. It looked like he's done his homework on NN/Cof$'s "lack of jurisdiction" games.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  7. DeathHamster Member

Top three on Scientology's legal To Do list:
    1. Try to remove the opposing lawyers.
    2. Try to remove the judge.
    3. Try to remove the case.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigBeard Member

Apparently that's only a state level DBA change. The IRS still has them as:

EIN: 432031325
    NARCONON GULF COAST INC
    % RANDY ROSS
    3399 SCENIC HIGHWAY 98
    DESTIN FL 32541-4748

BigBeard
  10. DeathHamster Member

It's a Florida incorporation. The IRS one is out of sync.

It's not a name or DBA change. The Narconon Gulf Coast Inc corporation has been dissolved:
    http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Co...42-0fc8-4b81-9927-b51b578b28ff/narconon/Page1
    Presumably Blu By The Sea has acquired all assets and liabilities of Narconon Gulf Coast. (i.e. they can't skip out on current court cases by failing to submit their annual report to Florida.)
  11. BigBeard Member

Okay, this is what I got on 'Blu by the Sea':

The new EIN doesn't show up in the IRS Select Check at all. So they are either still in the process of getting their 1023 approved for Tax Exempt status, or they decided not to bother. The NN Gulf Coast EIN is still showing as active with the IRS, but it could just be administrative delay in killing it.

I've put this on my 'IRS - Keep an eye on' list for future 990's and Tax Exempt statuses to see if any games are being played.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DeathHamster Member

I wonder if they had a reason other than "too stupid to fill out the forms on time"?

They could have done a corporate name change or even a DBA to dodge searches on their old name, and I can't believe that this will let them off the hook in New York.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on their Sunbiz record. An administrative dissolve isn't always Dead Dead if they're willing to put the effort into it.
  13. BigBeard Member

Seen that before. I forget where, but they got 'Admin Desolved' somewhere else a while back. Then a few months later went, "Oops!", paid whatever the penalty was, then got resurrected. Might have been a dodge to avoid an unpleasantness with bill collectors, lawyers, or some such.

BigBeard
  14. I am the mother of two of Randy Ross' children, and he was able to avoid child support, so I guess he can get away with anything. What do you expect but ruthless deceit, from a man that had a "secret family", while at the same time, his legit wife and kids benefitted from others misfortune.