Customize

884 to be discussed on the 15th

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by determu, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. determu Member

884 to be discussed on the 15th

this is mainly for Who will be going

contacting others to let them know about this IE. mark bunker *if he wants too*

what each of us will be discussing

I will go
    I plan to have the new leaked 2009 price list for materials
    i also plan to show the world wide protest video as i speak
    I'll leave 6 DVDs *so you found the DVD*
    that should eat up my time

Who else will be coming and what will you be talking about?
  2. Smurf Member

Re: 884 to be discussed on the 15th

Sounds like you're just dying to encourage the Board to believe what they have long believed about "the hate group" Anonymous, and what a core group of anons have been trying very hard to dispel over the last year.

Apples and oranges. This has absolutely nothing to do with Scentology's beliefs and how much their courses are. Your DVDs will make it to the nearest trash can.

It's about our First Amendment rights to protest without government interference and arrest. Please stay on point. Otherwise, you stand to destroy all our past efforts to educate stubborn politicians and law enforcement personnel.
  3. determu Member

what than does the smurf say I should talk about?

that they are infringing against our 1st amendment rights?

that all protests around the world have been peaceful?

seems like a short topic

Let's say were just super sexy, i mean we make them seriously think this could be horribly wrong do you still think they would vote against Jeff Stone?
  4. crockhat Member

^^^ this

Anything that sounds like bawwwing that they sell expensive courses or focuses on anonymous isn't really focusing on the most useful, relevant target -- which is the right to protest peacefully in a public place.
  5. Sam Urai Member

Showing videos of protests is probably not a bad idea. 884 is based in part on the assumption that Anonymous is a "hate group." Lirra's latest address to the board touched on this. It's probably worthwhile to mention that there have been monthly global protests against the abuses of Scientology that have been largely incident-free, with some of the exceptions being individual Scientologists that have acted aggressively towards Anons.

If you haven't yet, take a look at some of the previous videos from mnql1 on YouTube, especially Jeff Stone's original speech when he initially proposed 884. It's always good to bring up the fact that he still won't cop to where he got the "Anonymous Pamphlet" from, even though Scientology claims responsibility for producing it. You might also mention that the pamphlet has no author and that it's odd for someone to propose ordinances based on Anonymous documents that they won't reveal the source of. You won't get an answer from him, but it will still make him squirm nonetheless.

YouTube - mnql1's Channel

I have some other info that I will track down that may be helpful to you.

By the way, I'd like to add that you deserve kudos for going, especially when pretty much everyone else (not Smurf, btw) just bitches about the others that do.

Mods, I'll take my infractions now please!!
  6. Anonymous Member

I agree with SammyU
    You might mention that the pamphlet doesn't list an author or any citatations to support the claims made within it. While Jeff Stone introduced the pamphlet, he has refused to answer any questions regarding where he obtained it....
    and that it's strange and totally inappropriate for a lawmaker to propose an ordinance based on an anonymously authored document with no credible source or any citations proving their veracity.

Smurf also made a good point. The board is there to weigh the issues related to 884, an ordinance that restricts rights guaranteed under the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States with extremely dubious justification.
    If you derail the meeting with issues that are not relevant it may be counter-productive.

Thanks for taking the time to attend, speak and post here to ask for some ideas.
  7. ARC Member

Any way to get copies of the Sheriff's report before the meeting, so people can prepare?

Also if Graham Berry needs bus tickets to be there I'll happily donate.

For what? That was a good post.

<3
  8. Zak McKracken Member

Thank you very much for coming yesterday, and for the time you spent preparing to speak.

The bolded part sounds good.

In *most* Anonymous activities, we try to make the focus on CoS and who they are and why they're bad. But in this hearing most of that is irrelevant.

Showing that we're harmless doesn't directly support us, but does provide substantiation for the other things we say.

Lies, changing stories about our ability to protest peaceably, on the part of Scientology and/or members of the board, would be relevant. It's more difficult to find than LOL xenu, but it's the type of material that belongs.

Thanks again.
    Good luck, in figuring out along with the rest of us, how to make the dangerous CoS cult less dangerous, and save the world from stupidity.
  9. Sam Urai Member

General principle?
  10. determu Member

thank you arc for closing the other thread ARC

this thread is about Who is going

And what we will each discuss

Also how do let them know that we will be speaking during 884 and how do we approve a "presentation"

So i am going,
    i now agree with smurf. Determu will only talk about the freedom of peaceful assembly and I'll show a small video as a sample of peaceful protests

who else is going?
    What will they discuss and what will they bring to show and tell
  11. Dylar Member

Be sure to keep in mind that anything that is said and not relevant to the actual issue (884) directly can be stricken from the record in such meetings. Thus, playing a tape of Hubbard wouldn't show up on the record any more than a rickroll.
  12. determu Member

that would be very funny, but i dont' see a rick rolling happening

do we have to give personal information to speak or present during 884?
  13. Anonymous Member

I think he meant that the idea of a rickroll was as dumb as playing Hubtard shit that was just going to get stricken from the record anyway and make anons look like "religious bigots"
  14. Sam Urai Member

Determu, someone took the time to put together the attached "Anonymous Pamphlet." It's sort of a response to the Scilon-produced document that Stone used initially to scare the Board into accepting 884. Anyway, I've thought for a while it would be awesome to enter this into the record as something to counter balance the ridiculous propaganda Stone has propagated.

From this link it can be downloaded and printed out for free.

Maybe you might consider doing this, though I'm also giving some thought to going myself.

Btw, I think you can give a fake name if you want.

Barbara Graham's Storefront - Lulu.com
  15. determu Member

smurfs words are like poison, the more he speaks the worse i feel

if we prove him wrong about Scientology and anonymous we will run out of time

if we prove him wrong that this is a first amendment issue, this will give other members of the board a chance to view Stone as..... well a stone tied around their necks

Smurf you logical bastard

but that pamphlet is sexy i want that as a recruiting tool
  16. Zak McKracken Member

Hi. Your post confuses me.

Were you referring to Smurf? Or Jeff Stone?
    If the former, I think you might look for better targets to "prove wrong"....

If the latter, don't sweat it too much. Stone is already showing signs of wear after only a few months of Anonymous / OG effort. We'll get there.
  17. Smurf Member

Huh? Proving me wrong about what?? I'm not your enemy. Just trying to keep you on track.

10 hours ago, you posted, "So i am going, i now agree with smurf. Determu will only talk about the freedom of peaceful assembly and I'll show a small video as a sample of peaceful protests."

Don't know what you're smoking, but can I have some??
  18. jadedanon Member

BTW you have a doubled up paragraph on page 13 that runs onto page 14. justsoyano
  19. determu Member

I'm getting over a virus of some sorts and this heat isn't helping i can't sleep and i have just been drinking water, i can't watch TV because it hurts my head so my cognitive functions are limited to say the least, this statement took me 5 rewrites

"smurfs words are like poison, the more he speaks the worse i feel *his statement was true and he changed my mind*

if we prove him *stone* wrong about Scientology and anonymous we will run out of time

if we prove him*stone* wrong that this is a first amendment issue, this will give other members of the board a chance to view Stone as..... well a stone tied around their necks

Smurf you logical bastard

but that pamphlet is sexy i want that as a recruiting tool "
  20. Anonymous Member

Good until that portion. There was no need for that.
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Don't you mean "granted by"?

/softball
  22. Anonymous Member

I am not who you were replying to , but no.

We have the rights already, the Constitution is supposed to guarantee and protect them.
    The Constitution in not like a supreme ruler that can grant and take away rights. It has to be adjusted from time to time, but USUALLY in the direction of guaranteeing more rights to more people.
  23. Sam Urai Member

Awww, did I hurt somone's feewings? I'm sorry.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Anonymous Member

They've been shutting down anything pertaining to Scientology that is not related to the ordinance, also as it currently stands the ordinance has not effected protests at Gold Base. So be sure to stick to issues relating specifically to the ordinance and the dubious reasons given for it's introduction.
  26. amaX Member

Anyone know who this John J. Benoit is? Good guy? Bad guy?

Benoit says he'll run for supervisor - PE.com - Daily News Digest

Benoit says he'll run for supervisor
    By
    PE Politics
    on September 3, 2009 3:04 PM | Comments (0)

Inland state Sen. John J. Benoit reiterated Thursday that he will be on the ballot in Riverside County's 4th Supervisorial District next June regardless of who Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appoints to the seat in the coming weeks.

The item is here in our Political Empire blog.

—Jim Miller
    jmiller@PE.com
  27. Anonymous Member

28. determu Member

bump for tomorrow,

it'll be early
  29. Sponge Member

Heads-up, jew-hating racist nazi KKK baby-eating terrorist gay-bashers, it's the Rivercide &quot;bored of supes&quot; meeting today, from 9am PDT

webcast: http://bosvideo.co.riverside.ca.us/ppportal/agenda/webcast.aspx
    Agenda: http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.riverside.ca.us/agendas/2009/09_15_2009.htm
    Item No. 3.42 SHERIFF-CORONER-PA: Report Back on ORDINANCE NO. 884 Regulating Targeted Residential Picketing.

Sheriff Sniff's submittal to the BoS (3rd Sept 09) for the above item:
    http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.riverside.ca.us/agendas/2009/09_15_2009/03.42.pdf
    Local Press:
    law.jpg
    group.jpg
  30. anonymous1312 Member

<baited breath> & <pop corn>
  31. Anonymous Member

Sorry cupcake, some of us are employed.

However, I love when Mark Lowell shows up. That man is amazing.
  32. Anonymous Member

And, sexay.
  33. Anonymous Member

Don't I know it.

Now, stop or we'll make him blush.
  34. Sponge Member

I see SPs sitting on the front row.
  35. Anonymous Member

Who's the woman on the left in the blue shirt?
  36. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

here we go!
  37. avbb Member

Oh WOW!
  38. Re: 884 to be discussed on the 15th

Lirra up next, then Julie
  39. avbb Member

Go AO! the BEST he's ever done
  40. Re: 884 to be discussed on the 15th