Customize

"8,500 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups"?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

"8,500 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups"?

83% Whopper | www.scientology-cult.com
  2. Random guy Member

Re: "8,500 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups"?

So, the total number of various groups with an address is 1,434. It should be possible to come up with an estimate of active scientologists based on that number.
  3. Anonymous Member

This research is very well done, good job. This will annoy the dwarf very much, I would love to see his response.
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

I find this chart layout confusing, like Juliette Lewis' "music".

nigga please

Dibs on 1,434.
  5. Anonymous Member

izrm8z.jpg

This is consistent with some of my earlier tabulations a few years ago:

[IMG]

OP lists 90 Orgs and 334 Missions currently worldwide.

In 2006, official scientology sites listed 90 Orgs and 334 Missions in 52 countries.
  6. Anonymous Member

Ah but they haven't listed all the Idle Orgs and each one of those is worth 100 normal orgs, that's got to get it to around 5000. Then there are the lawyers and PI agencies affiliated... wow I get over 9000.. :D
  7. AnonyVix Member

There's no wonder the cult hates the Internet.
  8. DeathHamster Member

The source for which Scientology site gave the 90 figure needs to be listed. In the past, CoS listings were usually in the 140-ish range (if you include Advanced Org and Celebrity Centers).

Scientology Worldwide

Over the last 10 years, the hyperinflation of the number of claimed orgs, missions and groups makes it clear that it's based on nothing, just like the membership claims.
  9. Re: "8,500 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups"?

If we go by Tommy Davis, as of June 1 2010, then according to a letter he sent to the St Petersburg Times - tampabay.com - the following is true...

Church of Scientology response - St. Petersburg Times

The CoS has 8,500 Missions/Churches/Groups - bullshit of course. But the best thing is that according to Mr Davis, there are only 6,000 members of the Sea Org (also bullshit no doubt). Now, if you do the math, then there are exactly 0.706 members of the sea org PER Church/Mission/Whatever. And that's according to the spokesperson for the church. Less than 1 member of the SO per Church/Mission/etc.

The Church is keeling over. Someone call a paramedic or, wait, don't.
  10. Anonymous Member

@ OP, you did some fabulous research.

Just to piss off the cult a little more, here is a further breakdown of Orgs and Missions worldwide in 2004 - 2006, for comparison to OP's current research

[IMG]

71860584.jpg

47690130.jpg

Note - any errors in numbers are due to errors or mis-reporting in Scientology web pages.

I have a further breakdown of same Excel table above, but with addresses for each and every Org and Mission. If anyone needs it, I'll post it for historical reference - it's obviously not current.
  11. Anonymous Member

Yeah and there's plenty of that going around! Especially with respect to missions. They seem short-lived a lot of them, in some cases little more than someone's living-room!

I keep going by where my local mission supposedly is (and has been listed on their page for years). But there's nothing there. It's a residential building. Nothing on the directory. I don't even think they'd get mail addressed to there.
  12. Anonymous Member

If you give me a state (US) or country, I'll post previous addresses near you to chase down.

Missions open and close all the time. Missions are privately owned franchises, owned by individuals. Orgs, however, are never supposed to close.
  13. DeathHamster Member

I believe DM has made the brag that no orgs have closed on his "watch".

That was a lie even pre-ARS since he was in charge when they closed a few Canadian orgs (and a pile of missions) 80s-90s. I'm sure that he has a perfectly reasonable excuse such as that they weren't really orgs, or traitor rogue SPs were responsible, or the Marcabs disintegrated them.
  14. anonohio Member

OP - fantastic research

well done using only scientology sources - the only ones that scientologists will find credible. i hope people that are in will take a look at the data you provided

if the church is lying about that, what else could it be lying about......?
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

"How many times have you been married?"
    "Two."
    "What about your second wife?"
    "I never had a second wife."
  16. Re: "8,500 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups"?

Interesting stuff...
    Dianetics counts as seperate, so as every Org/Mission has a Dianetics Foundation double up that number. I'm sure such creative expanding can produce 8,500!
  17. DeathHamster Member

Don't forget Day and Foundation Orgs in the same building.