Customize

5 alleged Ddosers arrested in UK

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Jeff Jacobsen, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Jeff Jacobsen Member

2. AnonyVix Member

Yeah, just noticed that, I wish they'd use the tools full name "low orbit ion cannon" rather than LOIC, but at least the article pointed out that the tool is crap because it doesn't hide the IP address ("a study found" - like wow how long did that take?).

Should someone should point out we were all for the Australian Government filtering the church of scientology....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Miranda Member

I too enjoyed that sentence...

I'm concerned not only that DDOS is all the press seems to hear about Anonymous, but also that really young kids are being drawn into activities without understanding the possible consequences.
  4. Anonymous Member

Lol, justice is swift.
    Soon to follow:
    Arrest of "patriotic, anti Assange ddos'ers=NOT.
    Arrest of Stuxnet hackers=NOT.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

It is absolutely sickening that a perfecly valid non-violent digital sit in can lead to being arrested.

So much for free speech or the right to protest.
  7. delslo89 Member

going after kids thats real mature
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

5/10
  9. Anonymous Member

I thought that the bad people who participated in DDoS attacks always used their neighbours' wifi networks. If they didn't, well, it was stupid. I thought the eBaumsWorld crowd (who orchestrated this) had more wisdom than that!

If these five individuals get huge jail sentences, I'm sure it will act as a strong deterrent. No-one will ever DDoS in the name of Wikileaks again </sarcasm>
  10. CarltonBANKS Member

It would be a delicious irony of some of them were Scientologists. I know of some Scientologist nerds who are fans of Wikileaks! (though they still think all the anti-Scientology stuff on Wikileaks is a big pharma conspiracy)
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

Kids? The majority of the five are over 18 and legally adults.
  13. Perikles Member

*cough* Starbucks *cough*

Or so I hear.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

I can neither confirm or deny that my neighbour, who leaves his WiFi open and not password protected has been arrested.

I can also neither confirm nor deny that I feel slightly bad about this. Slightly.
  16. Anonymous Member

If Greame masterbates he'll not only be out2D he's likely to drop his body by the looks of him!
  17. Rheinländer Member

nosferatu3.jpg

I found a picture of the dad.
  18. anon8109 Member

More fodder for OSA to label anyone criticizing the Scientology enterprise as a terrorist.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Good thing they're no longer relevant.
  20. Anonymous Member

Responding to internet censorship with DDoS attacks is incredibly ironic, considering that part of the government's decision to want to regulate internet usership has to do with idiots who use online anonymity to carry out these attacks. This is all they need to prove that anonymity is a dangerous tool which threatens our security, and viola: No more internet anonymity. That's what you idiots who continue to take part in this shit fail to realize.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Good to know your misinformed.

Exactly
  22. Anonymous Member

who said anything about the government wanting to censor the internet as a whole?
  23. Anonymous Member

No one did, and neither did I. I said the government wants to censor some things on the internet, such as information which should be free, and anonymity, which would be the key issue here.
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Ersatz Global Moderator

oh no you didn't.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

Well if they're guilty, they had it coming and let em rot.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

4/10
  30. Narcolol Member

I'd sooner have murderers and rapists rot than some reclusive wankers with nothing better to do.
    It's quite stupid how a boat-load of resources have been appointed to investigating these attacks while there are more meaningful crimes to investigate.
    Having said that, if I was a judge I would enforce a hefty fine upon those found guilty.
  31. Anonymous Member

^osa
    *leaves to go home and check toothpaste*
    Can anybody recommend a good gas cap?
  32. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. Jinkii Member

"So much for free speech or the right to protest"

the UK doesnt have the right to free speech, we arent a republic we are a Constitutional Monarchy without a written constitution, as for the right to protest we dont have that either we have the right to be illegally detained by police officers in riot gear without charge or right to a trial and soon the right to be doused with water canon if the Tories can borrow them from the Police Service of Northern Ireland,
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

what they dont know how to use Tor or hell, even hotspotshield
    ?
  35. Anonymous Member

It doesn't matter. Those LOIC's expose your IP's either way. Adding more stupidity to and already stupid pile of stupid.
  36. Anonymous Member

Russia Today interview:

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

38. wolfyrik Member

"All our base"

Genius
  39. Pigeon Member

Just clarifying some facts, not condoning anything here:

1. If you sent the traffic through Tor, your IP address wouldn't be exposed. Unfortunately, that's a) stupid and b) ineffective, because you'd just end up DDoSing the first relay server in the Tor network, rather than your target.

2. No-one ever claimed the LOIC hid your IP address. The idea is that there's enough safety in numbers that the chances your IP will be the one to be picked up by the feds and "made an example of" are miniscule. Poor unlucky 5, I guess.

Of course, this is all hearsay. This site has no connection to any of this.
    • Like Like x 1