Customize

3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Resistance Is Futile, Mar 24, 2009.

1. pacora Member

Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

I don't know what rickroll is but if he/it is more than three minutes long, then he's/it's s*&t out of luck because the Boards policy is STRICTLY enforced! Jeff Stone said so, today, at 1:24:10

Too funny, honey!
  2. Anonymous Member

Not to kick a dead horse, but there is exception for education, research and criticism under "Fair Use" and any of those would make a defense.

from s. 107 of ttl 17 "fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. "

There are also various court rulings on Fair Use exemption in creating legislative/government presentations, which I think Co$ could also argue in this specific case.

It would be hilarious if someone sued them over it, but I don't think they'd win, and there probably isn't a copyright lawyer in the US who'd take it up.
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

Google the term for background.
  4. parrotnut Member

"Riverside Co. residents a bit redneck in their views"

Not I...as liberal as you can possibly get. I do understand what you`re saying, though.
  5. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

Correct. Though one of the four factors used to judge whether an instance of unauthorized copying qualifies as fair use is the nature of the derived work (commercial, educational, etc.) and another is the effect on the market for the original work.

Copyright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Educational works, non-profit use, and parody all fall under the fair use doctrine, which can exempt derived works from constituting copyright infringement. (Lurk moar.) However, this is a defense that you use in court -- it doesn't stop EweTube from pulling your videos or Co$ from suing you.

Also, cocks and IANAL.
  6. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

I wasn't seriously suggesting that anyone use a rockroll vid as their 3 minutes of public comment

okay?

" Ladies and gentlemen of the board of supervisors, I am very shy at public speaking so I have prepared this video to share my feelings with you"
  7. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

/r/ sauce pl0x
  8. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

You know the rules, and so do I.
  9. pacora Member

Well now wait a minute. Splicing together Stone and Walls' inconsistent statements into this video may be a worthwhile effort. I mean..."never gonna let you down...never gonna let you go...never gonna say good-bye" That about speaks for me.

It's just too easy!
  10. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

is already more than 3 minutes - even without Rick

also an excellent way for a shy person to use their 3 minutes of public comment
  11. pacora Member

Damn! Well that's one way to burst my bubble.

"never gonna let you down, never gonna let you go, never gonna say good-bye..."
  12. parrotnut Member

This is it? Sorry, I have the so-called anonymous booklet downloaded and most of the stuff is not listed here. I don`t know where you could find most of it, but my guess is encyclopedia dramatica, which is not meant to be taken seriously. More lies from Stone et al.
  13. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

if I had video skilz I would make a concise 3 minute version just for rivercide supervisors public comment and an extended remix version for youtube/vimeo, etc
  14. pacora Member

I understand where you're coming from. I have a hard enough time figuring out my blue-tooth thing-a-ma-bob. Oh well, guess I'll have to keep doing what I'm doing.
  15. pacora Member

That's it.
  16. TinyDancer Member

Your humour button is not functional. Time for a new battery?
  17. basil Member

Could someone, at the next meeting, please explain to Stone the difference between the concept of anonymous and the activists known as Anonymous?
  18. muldrake Member

"It's difficult to make a man understand something when his paycheck depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair
  19. Consensus Member

^this
  20. TinyDancer Member

21. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

in 3 minutes or less?

good luck
  22. Oswald2001 Member

CULT HO STONE - PUBLIC ORIFICE

It would be quite a 'wake-up call' to the rest of the yahoo small town corrupt supervisors if it was crystal clear that Anonymous was the direct cause of the removal of Cult Ho Stone from public orifice...uh, I mean...office.

Cult Ho Stone publicly disgraced and driven from public life by revelations brought to light by Anonymous.

Ya gossa lurves the interwebs.
  23. Re: 3/24 RivCo Supes Meeting Fireworks

This reads like poetry to me. Thank you, Restim. Point perfectly delivered.
  24. TinyDancer Member

I notice the list of sources includes one that refers to the Anon who broke into the Palin email account - but doesn't mention the Anon who went in and changed the password, then informed Palin via a friend what had happened and what the new password was.
  25. pacora Member

See, now this just makes me want to rickroll the board, in an 884 kind of way!
  26. Gadfly Member

I'm in favor of showing the "Faces of terror" video of Anons. Or even better, find ten local voters who are respected in the community to claim to be Anon. Afterall, anyone can be.
  27. TinyDancer Member

(<3)
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sensible choice, as you do it well and have a "local" flavor Anonymous will never have. Keep on the good work.
  29. basil Member

If, at any time in their lives, any of the members of the board have been on the radio, tv or news, and either withheld their name from publication, or not been credited properly, then that was written 'anonymously' - the identify of the author unknown.

Anyone who writes anything under an assumed name, or internet nickname - including L.Ron Hubbard who is documented as writing many of his pulp fiction stories under other names - is attempting to 'remain anonymous'.

The concept of 'remaining anonymous' is what unites us as a group, in order to avoid retribution through scientology's "fair game" practice of attacking its critics.

Just because the author of something is unknown, it does not automatically become part of "Anonymous" in regard to scientology activism. If it was listed as 'guest' or 'unregistered user' nobody would even contemplate attributing it to the activist group "Anonymous".

There are many words in the English language that can mean different things based on the spin put on them and the prejudices of the person saying it. "Anonymous" is merely one of them.
  30. Optimisticate Member

I missed all of this yesterday, work had to take priority.

My points:

1. Jeff Stone would like to say that the booklet represents all of anonymous ergo it would be fair to say that Blogojevich is representative of all politicians and Mr. Stone is upholding the tradition.

2. If Jeff Stone would like to say that the booklet represents all of anonymous, I would like to talk to someone about my legal recourse as I have had nothing to do with anything in the booklet that he claims is me (and you, and you, and you, and even you over there in the corner lurking).

3. How much do billboards cost in Riverside county? What company is on the names of them? Anyone remember the black "God" billboards from several years ago? :)

4. Someone needs to explain the definition of anonymous to Mr. Stone. Might also want to point out all the evil people on website threads across the world that are posting under assumed names, including sites such as CNN, MSNBC, and local media outlets. Also point out that legislation much higher than his has also struck down anti-anonymous internet postings, and Maryland and Oregon have gone so far as to PROTECT anonymous speech online. (no dox, go google it).

But that's just me.
  31. basil Member

An interesting article: CCAEJ Bilboard

Claims $5000 for a month in 2006.

A useful list of contacts: Outdoor Advertising Riverside CA - Riverside CA, outdoor advertising, Riverside CA billboards, Riverside CA billboard media, Riverside CA outdoor media, Riverside CA outdoor campaigns

Try http://www.orangecountybillboard.com/ or http://www.atomicoutdoor.com/ ?
  32. Optimisticate Member

TYVM

My freedom of speech goes beyond my keyboard. It may even appear on a billboard. Will find out prices, and see if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Jeff Stone has assumed we're idiots. We have assumed (correctly, I might add) that he is corrupt.

Greetings Dr. Falken. Do you want to play a game?
  33. basil Member

I wouldn't be entirely surprised, in all honesty, if once a quote were obtained and a fund created, many people here - and possibly even local non-anons - would be happy to contribute to a fund for such an item.

Whilst many may feel that it's more of a "local issue", if it can be used to our advantage to not only get rid of a cult shill but give grief to DM and co at Gold Base, then it seems a worthwhile weapon to add to our arsenal.

There must be a billboard or a bus stop somewhere along Gilman Springs Road in the vicinity of Gold Base, surely?
  34. rummychick99 Member

Is that film maker a protester or did he just get the ideas for the Scientology signs from the something he read/saw. I watched the how we did it version and saw the I am Stuck on OT7 sign. I didn't remember seeing it in the regular version but I might have missed it.
  35. Optimisticate Member

Livemaps and Google streetview will help. I can't go thru them till lunchtime or later, but maybe someone with first hand experience knows?
  36. rummychick99 Member

Another possible idea is advertising in bus shelters. I saw numbers in other cities that were less than 5 grand. Less than 1000. Cities do an agreement with a company and the company runs it.

It would have to be under a glass panel or it wouldn't work because Scientologists would come around and deface it. Also, you would have poor choices for what you could put up that would be approved.

Vegas has people who haul signs behind their vehicle up and down the strip. An anon in Riverside could do the same thing. Just park your truck in a key place and everyone will see it.
  37. User Name Member

Going back to explaining anonymous to Jeff Stone for a second, here's something easy that someone can get out within 3 minutes:

Mr. Stone, you are a member of this community. Anonymous are members of a community. Are you guilty of all the crimes that people perpatrate within your community? Are you a murderer, a rapist, a pedophile solely because people within your community have been convicted of those crimes? NO? Then how can you stand there and claim that all members of the anonymous community are responsible for the crimes of a few? Unless you are personally willing to accept responsibility for all of the bad things done within your community why do you thrust the bad actions of the few upon the many? Nobody should be forced to carry the good or bad of a whole community upon their shoulders, only their own actions. So if you have no definative proof that the things referenced in that booklet of yours were done by any of the people protesting scientology I suggest you stop using it as your evidence or you will continue to make a bigger fool of yourself then you already have.
  38. LocalSP Member

We all know that Stone is corrupt and needs to be taken from office but it still boils down to where Anon can protest. I heard in the last tape of the meeting that the boundary is 30 feet from the property line. Where is the property line? Has anyone asked to be shown where the property line is?

Keep digging at Stone but find out where the damn property line is.
  39. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

THIS!!!

I'd very much like to create a second Stone video :)
  40. Smurf Member

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention the last few months when Graham Berry, Mark Bunker and Glib passionately tried to explain the difference to the stone-faced corrupt Supervisor Stone and his colleagues.

Stone has repeatedly responded he knows the facts because he's reviewed the (Scientology) booklet on Anonymous.

Trying to explain anything to this moron and his supporting colleagues is futile. Same goes for his incompetent county counsel, Pam Wallis. What a piece of work she is. Am guessing no one but Riverside County would hire this wench.