Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lermanet_com Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Fax'd to the Clerk of the Court - scientology likes to do this stuff without opposition, this likely wont affect the outcome, but Its better than allowing scientology to push through some sleaze unopposed.

AMICUS BREIF Pinellas Case 08003568CI

OPPOSITION TO AKIYAMA ROGER EXPARTE FILING
    FOR A TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ANONYMOUS

1) I, Arnaldo Pagliarini Lerma, of 6045 N 26th Road Arlington Virginia participated in February 10th ANONYMOUS protests in Washington DC, the police on duty, were so unconcerned with this event that one of them sat in their squad car reading magazines.
    I was a Scientologist for ten years, I now help scientologists escape the mind control in scientology. I have run and maintained a web site since 1996 titled LERMANET.COM Exposing the CON, dedicated to helping members recover.

2) Over 7000 people demonstrated around the world on February 10th, A video compilation of those events titled Tribute to Anonymous is available at http://www.Lermanet.com/anonymous.htm

3) There was not one incident of violence worldwide reported in the media. There was not one protester arrested or charged anywhere in the world.

4) I have participated in 4 protests against Scientology in Clearwater in the past. The only incidents I recall were perpetrated by Scientologists. - Protestor Robert Minton was assaulted and another incident , Emmy Award winning videographer, Mark Bunker, while filming, his camera was attacked by a Scientologist wielding a hammer.

5) The use of face masks is not a threat, it is a direct response to Scientology's reputation
    for retribution. See Http://www.Lermanet.com/persecution/

6) The expression of pubic sentiment and opposition to nefarious conduct by lawful, peaceful free association and assembly in public spaces, serves as an outlet for public outrage and thus, serves to prevent future violence

7) If every statement in Mr Akiyama's complaint were to be fully investigated, it would likely be found that the incident or incident(s) were choreographed and/or misstated, and that the complaint was written and approved by officers for Scientology organization.
    8) Scientology fooled this writer for ten years, please don't let them fool you for ten minutes

I beg the Court to DENY the motion for a Temporary Restraining Order.

Signed under Penalty of Perjury of the Laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia

Witness date
  2. Anon1376 Member

^ Nice!
  3. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

Bingo! BIG WIN FOR ANONYMOUS!

1. They demonstrated some of the very aspects of their cult that Anonymous warns about.
    2. They add credibility to Anonymous and Anonymous' claims!
    3. They engaged in anti-democratic behavior.
    4. They lose big in the court of public opinion.

Could they have possibly handed Anonymous a bigger present before LRH's birthday?

PS: I was going over some of the leaked security documents that were recently published in that one giant PDF file. It seems that LRH says some things that are very anti-democratic, and he doubted America's ability to win against Communism. It sound like we have anti-American activities on our hands here.
  4. ZOOMzoom Member

YES
    YES
    ARNIE IS EPIC WIN :mrgreen:
  5. lmafo Member

+5 internets
  6. noitulover Member

you're awesome Arnie!

just

awesome

<insert awes here>
  7. AB Member

what they could gain from this is us distracted from other matters, as I posted in another thread this issue has caused discussion of the 3/11 event to stop and disappear.
  8. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

The petition for the restraining order apparently names 22 people who they say are members of Anonymous. It claims CoS has been subjected to numerous threats of violence and seeks an injunction to immediately stop members of Anonymous from "commiting any further acts of repeat violence." It also seeks to bar members from coming within 500 feet of Scientology properties in Clearwater, as well as Ruth Eckerd Hall.

Trying to get a copy.
  9. tigger Member

Arnie IS WIN!!!

Recently on ARS, some jerk called us out and said we should go maskless. Someone else posted a cool response mimicking it, but suggesting that we go without pants.
    So this kind of gave me a giggle. (Just an innocent typo, but I had "restim," to borrow Scieno language, over the reference!)
  10. ZOOMzoom Member

Umm, 300 people minus 22 still = epic protest in my view
    This is so lame... :roll:
  11. mang3lo Member

http://www.buffaloscientologyinfo.com/who.html supplied picture of the man that is on the actual restraining order.

maybe they will throw him up front, and then try to shriek to the police "they are breaking restraining order!" (snicker)

i should read this entire thread before i posted, but it exploded rather quickly, and became tldr, sry if it makes anyone QQ

but on a serious note.... :lrhmoney:
  12. anon78941 Member

Oh, I'm not going as anonymous. I'm just a concearned citizen in a mask that knows alot of internet lingo.

:wink:
  13. Top Grunge Member

Lerma the Champion.
  14. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

try again
    http://sptimes.com/2006/webspecials06/s ... Report.pdf
  15. tigger Member

I can just imagine defending a supposed violation of the (not going to be granted) restraining order:

"Your honor, I attended anonymously in order to protect my anonymity, but I am not 'Anonymous.'"
  16. ahnonnymaus Member

Thank you, Arnie!! Thank you so much!
  17. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Thanks ARNIE YOU ROCK!

I cannot wait to see who the 22 people are

David
    David
    David
    David
    David

They probably wrote down the names of any person in the area that has ever protested and that they namefagged :mrgreen: NOW let them try to figure out who is who among the many...another major footbullet for the CO$.
  18. albinocat Member

Thank you Arnie. Good to know that the old time critics have the knowledge to handle this situations.
  19. anonipanda Member

:confused:;

Isn't this like filing a restraining order against the public and the entire Internet?
    Like filing a restraining order against anyone, who isn't them?
    Just who do they expect to deliver the order to? In an Internet post?
    In that case, in will be anonymous members of Co$ who want restraining orders against other Anonymous people.....erg
    Brain melts....
    This is lolz.

There is so much fail in this concept.
    http://i30.tinypic.com/1z9kt0.jpg[/url:2jy554p5]
  20. OBG Member

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT WE COULDN'T GET NEWS COVERAGE THE SCILIONS GO AND DO IT FOR US :!:
  21. MollyBloom Member

Exactly, they still just don't get the concept of anonymous, they think it's a specific organization.
    I don't think they will ever 'get it', they just can't wrap their little brains around the idea.
  22. mang3lo Member

a restraining order (much like other major subpeonas's (sp)) has to be served in person in believe?

albeit the judicially upheld opinion that "ignorance is no excuse for the law"
  23. darr Member

I've been on the phone for a mountain of minutes today already. Just know contact has been made with various reporters, lawyers, ACLU, and police officials.
  24. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Thanks for all your hard work DARR :!:
  25. ZOOMzoom Member

darr's my hero :eek:

[IMG]
  26. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Wow...just...wow

This is the epitome of failure.
  27. DSAnon Member

I think Co$ is afraid of Yummy Cake and Mudkips. :D
  28. eddieVroom Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

I'm reminded of the classic Greek tale of Cyclops , blinded and howling "NoMan did it!"...

The thing to be careful of here, IMO, is that anyone who steps foot in that courtroom to respond to this is, by definition, Anonymous.
  29. greenfaceanon Member

03/12/08 CLERK 020/HON NELLY N KHOUZAM /RECUSAL ORDER /ORRX N
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF ORDER OF RECUSAL F
    03/12/08 PLAINTIFF WITH NOTE FROM COURT: DENIED W/O PREJUDICE TO AMEND F

Looks like this petition has been denied -- "without prejudice to amend" means the Co$ can amend and resubmit if they want.

I have no idea what the recusal is all about, or whether or not the Judge actual recused herself.
  30. Anonypies Member

An idea taken from a NZ thread:

31. Anonomouse Member

::chokes on her coffee:: holy sh-! Is that some win right there?! Screenshots please? kthxbai!
  32. lermanet_com Member

and the amended motion was resubmitted yesterday
  33. SPectacululz Member

Epic. I just downed a keg-full of WIN.
  34. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

True that. We should make it clear that we are no one and everyone. Concerned citizens at best. There is no leadership, no structure, and the there is no one directing us, except the hive mind. Anyone who isn't named, is anonymous.

But after all, I think this concept is too hard for many to grasp. The news don't get it, the government don't get it and the scilons don't get it.
  35. darr Member

wait. with the post above, wtf does it mean then?
  36. Anon1376 Member

Looks like we are going for the high score of wins here.
    Did the courts just hand the Co$ thier Pail of Fail and a version of the home game?
  37. anonipanda Member

Need pics!
    Or is this such an epic fail that it loops around and becomes an epic win?

Anonymous = WINS
    Co$ = FAIL

No court is going to take a restraining order like that.
    They can resubmit till they are blue in the face.
  38. anonEmouser Member

Wait a tic--they already amended and resubmitted yesterday? Before the denial?

So either someone forgot a detail, made a typo, or they expected to fail--possibly several times--so they're "stuffing the legal system" until they get a favorable judge?

:?: :| :lrhtalking:
  39. ZOOMzoom Member

Confused :confused: does this mean the above was entered late into the database? if the amended motion was resubmitted yesterday (3/11), and there's a note of denial dated 3/12... :shock: :?: :?: :?:
  40. lermanet_com Member

correct

the denial was on the 8th

they resubmitted yesterday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.