Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cadet Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Simple, find another location somewhere with lots of people to hand out flyers too. Educationg public can be big part of focus. Maybe you can let the local news know about the dangers of Narconon etc. as Scientology may be trying to get publicity for its own protest.

Plenty of avenues to follow here.
  2. AnonNaEireann Member

If they tried to do this in Ireland, they'd be laughed at, and then would get chucked out of the court.
    And probably woud be unable to win over judges here for the next 20 years.

Everyone get in touch with constitutional rights lawyers and have them object.
  3. AB Member

this has probably been posted already but I don't want to read through the whole thing after just waking up

http://www.aclufl.org/

our message is against the unethical and criminal actions of the corporate entity known as 'the Church of Scientology' not there beliefs. our method is non-violent protest, to this end we have personally contacted the FBI any time a threat was made against the Church of Scientology. our last protest went off with over 9000 protesters world wide, not one of them was arrested. this is another example of the Church of Scientology attempting silence critics by abusing the law. given our nature we have no one who can represent us as a whole in court.

or something to that extent.
  4. DSAnon Member

OMFG.....This "Injunction" is so totally worthless!!! The ACLU will have a field day with this if its enforced. Also,how the flying fuck do you file an injunction against an unknown organization???

Co$ is pulling BS outta its own ass,thinking it will work. It won't,and any Judge that approves this is in deep shit.

I'm an Orlando Anon, and if this goes thru I might just drive down to Clearwater on Saturday! :twisted:
  5. Manomynous Member

Xenu has weighed in on the situation. All hail His Green Bulbousheadedness! :alien:

[youtube:3i8x4zld]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aFmZ8e5ZiFQ[/youtube:3i8x4zld]
  6. Anonyymi Member

I'd love to see that ID-line of anonymous in Police deparment.

:guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes: :guyfawkes:

"Right, then, CoS, Which of these Guy Fawkes protested infront of your center?"

:lrhcries:
  7. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Just a thought, but we know they want the masks off so they could use this restraining order against a few named individuals to get the police to remove the masks to make sure they aren't there
  8. Guerillanon Member

we aren't wearing masks. theres a law on the books that we've proved doesn't apply to us but we're not wasting time explaining that to the police officers. we'll be wearing bandanas or painters dust masks. police can check IDs but i'm not sure how it'll be handled.
  9. Anon65 Member

Remember people: They didn't get an injunction, they just files for one! They can file for any shit they want. They think it will scare us, but it just gives us lulz. It will be interesting to see the documents they filed but there is no reason to contact he ACLU for an injunction that doesn't exist.
  10. Daywatch Member

just me or does this smack of desperation?
    I personally take this as a good sign
    this is GREAT PR for us

Co$ abuses courts AGAIN trying to silence critics!!
    let them spend MORE $$$$ on lawyers
  11. lmafo Member

They are CoS lawyers, they work for free.
  12. Anno Nymous Member

From now on, this collective will be known as "Sean".

Case closed.
  13. Plups Member

Courtesy of http://www.pinellasclerk.org/aspInclude ... tic.htm#Q5

Judge: And, just how do you propose the court serves this association of people who calls themselves "Anonymous"?
    CoS: Um, via the internet, Your Honour.
    Judge: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Get out of my court.
  14. anonawog Member

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/perminj.htm

READ this thread on ars. Pay attention to the old timers who have been through this shit before in Clearwater. They know what they are talking about, and have specific, relevant information on Scientology tactics that can be expected on 3/15. Henri describes how he was served with legal papers by Scientology.

http://tinyurl.com/3dqfzc
  15. psyborgue Member

One thing to consider: will the injunction be granted by default if not contested? IMO, it's necessary to contact a lawyer and/or the ACLU to make sure that doesn't happen.
  16. anon1957 Member

This is a phenomenally LAME action on the part of Co$. Restraining orders cannot be filed against an "idea." Which is all Anonymous is. Unless individuals can be named (as in the LMT injunction) it will not have any teeth.

Now, the timing of this action is interesting. Given that there is a remote possibility that they will get manage to convince a Judge that a 15 day temporary injunction is warranted, I think that this is part of a strategy to try to use it to have "regular citizens" (who may or may not be "members" of an association of people known as anonymous) arrested on the 15th. They are trying to squeeze the police into "investigating" anonymous which could provide them with some individual names. Fodder for Fair Game. Etc.

I would get the ACLU on this ASAP, because this is exactly what they stand for: 1st Amendment Rights, regardless of how "hateful" the free speech is.

I am a card carrying member of the ACLU, and I have emailed them and will call them later today. Even though I am anonymous & I support and will partake in the protests, I am not a member of an association of people known as anonymous.
  17. juanguy Member

In thinking about this, could this just be a ploy to get names?

I'm picturing something like this:

Scidude: We need to put a stop to these violent protesters.
    Courtguy: Well, that's all well and good, but you're attacking a group in general. We need names.
    Scidude: We don't have names. There are a lot of them. They use aliases on the internet.
    Courtguy: How do you know which ones are violent?
    Scidude: Come to think of it, we don't! So that's why I'm filing this motion to subpoena the records of the following websites and track down who is sending what from where. We have a right to face our accusers, after all.
    Courtguy:...

Now that I type it out, it seems far fetched, but what do you think?
  18. Anon1376 Member

Because behind these masks are an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.
  19. Top Grunge Member

If they filed, they probably are going to drop a few names they managed to find....so get ready world to get our backs down here. Hopefully today will shed some light on what they actually filed...news folks should be able to get those docs sometime today.
  20. AB Member

I think breaking into someone's house to steal paper with there finger prints on them so you can write bomb threats to yourself on them and have the person arrested for it sounds far fetched.
  21. Anon1OfLegion Member

Sure they can try and take down the idea of anonymous, but the Furries have got our backs. Don't make us tell the Furries about this BS, then you will be VERY SORRY.
  22. AB Member

I think breaking into someone's house to steal paper with there finger prints on them so you can write bomb threats to yourself on them and have the person arrested for it sounds far fetched.
  23. Anon1OfLegion Member

[IMG]
  24. Anon1OfLegion Member

Um... ready up about Paulette Cooper and Operation Freakout.
  25. Daywatch Member

has any floridafag contacted the ACLU in the area?
  26. Mr Green Member

Is there anyway possible to get a tabloid interested in this?
    A real paper probably won't care, but a tabloid with space to fill?
  27. Plups Member

No. Courts don't issue injunctions without cause, and are particularly careful about issuing in the absence of one of the parties.
  28. EpicCake Member

HS these people. Like a pile of assholes with nothing better to do than pass gas and irritate the hell out of everyone. Someone call the ACLU, puh-lease. This is all just so STUPID.
  29. roadracer Member

There is fine line between bad assitude and douchebaggery. The COS has no idea where that line exists.
  30. Top Grunge Member

I believe someone local said they were on it (ACLU, police, courts, StPete Times). Let's wait to see what their response is before we beat down the doors of the ACLU with complaints.
  31. SPectacululz Member

Hi,

LONG time lurker, long time supporter, first time poster...

Just noticed this thread has made DIGG's front page. Another EPIC WIN! (But keep digging!)

So looking forward to the 15th!! :D
  32. deepthot42 Member

This may just be my tinfoil hat speaking:

It seems to me, that by filing a half baked application for a restraining order, they may be covering their asses. When the restraining order fail (for obvious inadequacies) it won't actually stop the protest. Then they can still hire plants wearing masks to use violence to disrupt the peaceful protest. Then the Scientologists can say "See, we told you they were bad people... we filled out a form and everything"

Also.. the Illuminati and Bigfoot will be there
  33. AB Member

y'know, one would imagine that obvius reference would have been... well, obvius, but I suppose it wasn't, sorry for the confusion (and double post, I was having server issues)
  34. Top Grunge Member

It is likely they will try to have a plant that will try to start violence.

Easy solution if they do. Violent act starts: Everyone get away from that person, motion for police, call for police (they shouldnt be far), stay calm, don't get into middle of it. Police will take trouble maker away. Police will arrest trouble maker. Either its a stupid idiot why gets what they deserve....or it turns out trouble maker is Co$....then Epic Win had.
  35. deepthot42 Member

The most any Anonymous member should do against a violent person is point.
  36. MollyBloom Member

This

Specifically, move away from the trouble maker, do not group around them like at a high school fight.

Keep your eyes and ears open at all times, if there is someone acting inappropriately make a detailed mental note of what they are wearing what they are doing and report it to the closest police officer.
  37. ZOOMzoom Member

This (and report to police?)
  38. tigger Member

Take a glass or cup of water. Sprinkle pepper on the surface of the water. Get a toothpick and dip it in dishwashing liquid, any brand will do.

Now stick the coated toothpick into the center of the surface of the water.

See what happens? We're the pepper, and the toothpick is the disrupter/violent person.

We are pepper -- with videocameras.
  39. noitulover Member

40. I Member

how rude!

that's what the internet does to people, I suppose :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.