Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonyTurk182 Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

Dugg for great justice.

I find it laughable that the newspaper could not reach anyone in Anonymous for a statement. I propose our statement to the newspaper should be:

:guyfawkes:
  2. acis Member

roflcopter
  3. puppy Member

"are you part of Anonymous?"
    "no."
    "how did you find ot about the protest then?"
    "a flyer"
    "prove you arn't anonymous"
    "NO U"
  4. DustWizard Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

I wondering that we might actually benifit if it did go through. Either way though, I'm ringing my hands in glee.
  5. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

Darr is already on it.
  6. Selleck Member

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW :lrhcries:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :lrhcries:

THEY IZ PROTESTING OUR CHURCH AND NONE OF OUR USUAL FAIRGAMING IS WORKING BECAUSE NOT ONLY CAN'T WE SEE THEIR FACES :guyfawkes: BUT THEY ARE SOMEHOW ORGANIZED WITHOUT AN ACTUAL STRUCTURE.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW
    BAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

This will never work. I can't believe they have sunk this low. Just... Just fuck you Scientology.
  7. acis Member

8. anonawog Member

more updates from ars, regarding the person who filed the injunction. He used to be the head of OSA East USA. (Sorry for all the cross posting, but not sure how many people read ars)

http://tinyurl.com/ysoqfp

9. Veritas Member

A thought just crossed my mind: Be careful when contacting newspapers or the ACLU. This may also be a desperate attempt by the Cult to try and get our "leaders" or anyone associated with us. We need to spread the word, but be be discreet. They're grasping at straws and will probably try to identify anyone that brings a legitimate concern before the court about this.
  10. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Don't they have to serve it to someone? who are they going to serve it to?, we have no leader.

Its funny, everyone turn up as usual, and say you are a concerned citizen and part of a V For Vendetta fan club... No one from Anonymous here.
  11. eclipsael Member

Hey guy, guess what the thread's about!
  12. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

It's Abbot and Costello who did the "Who's On First" routine.
  13. ANON E MOOSE Member

dug for great justice. Commented on article.
  14. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

commented also. Noted lack of research, provided links.
  15. Anon3Mouse Member

BWAHAHAHAH! This is funny.

Frankly, if they get a judge to sign off on this, we could completely and totally ignore it. We could have a 60s style "sit-in" protest in Clearwater, because any injunction would be a clear violation of:

"Congress shall make no law respecting…the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
    — U.S. Constitution

Which would get jumped on by the ACLU, and taken all the way to the Supreme Court if need be, and all the time it does, at every single stage, we'd be able to tell people why, and get the information out about the CoS' evil shit at an astronomical rate. On top of that, any judge who signs off on this is going to get nailed to the fucking wall for violating the Constitution. In any civil case, the onus of proof lies on the shoulders of the plaintiff, so even if they tried to say their own bullshit fake threat vids were from us, they would have to PROVE it was Anonymous, as a group, doing it. Which means they would need to prove Anonymous has leaders and a hierarchy. They're fuckin' doomed. And even for the Anons who have been namefagged, they can go to the Orlando protest instead of Clearwater. We win, no matter which way this turns out.

Also, SPtimes is very obviously a Scilon controlled rag. I have yet to see them spit out an article that isn't bent towards the Scilon's side of things. Perhaps a little research into who owns it, runs it, and so on is in order. Methinks it's time for us to form the Anonymous News Network, and use the powers of the press.
  16. SaintNona Member

17. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

I think this is a good time to point out/remind people that CoS is getting desperate. I think we can all see that. But desperate is dangerous. It would be good to remeber this. CoS has demonstrated that they will resort to and exploit the legal system anyway they can.
    THIS IS IMPORTANT.
    As was pointed out in another thread the first to file wins. If on Saturday you are accosted in anyway, if your rights are violated in anyway you should greatly consider filing a police report. None of us wants to be namefagged, but be sure if you bump a Scilon they will scream assault and you will be namefagged then. This is why you must remain in groups, do not let yourself be surrounded or bullbaited in anyway. I can see them walking into people and screaming assault.
    I have noticed a general unwillingness by those who have been "fairgamed" to proceed with any type of police report. This is to keep to the higher ground, we don't resort to CoS tactics and in an enviroment we all wish we lived in this would work. But CoS doesn't play by these rules. Maybe, hopefully I am wrong, but this frizilous attempt to restrain Anonymous makes me worried about what else they have up their sleaves if this doesn't - and i don't see how it could - work. Ignore me if you want( I probable will), maintian the moral standards which I applaud you all for, but please just be aware of what they may try next.
  18. acis Member

why can't i read the comments on the article?
  19. eclipsael Member

Because they're being moderated. They'll probably start showing up later in the day.
  20. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

I don't think the SPTimes is really in the Scilon corner on this one. Or at the very least that the writer is not.

If for no other reason than he wrote "Anonymous, which describes itself as a loosely affiliated group united against the injustices perpetrated by Scientology," instead of "Anonymous, which has been described as a cyber-terrorist organization".

and a google search of the author Robert Farley, turns up numerous articles he has written that are critical of CoS.

Take a look at this one http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/24/Tampabay/The_unperson.shtml about disconnection.

He sounds more like an ally to me.
  21. HeyNonnyNonny Member

Hence my homage in the last line. :eek:
  22. Anonymous021 Member

/r/ clearwater anon's change their names to "occupants" on 3/14 and back to "anonymous" on 3/16.
  23. moose Member

In Amsterdam (Netherlands) Scientology has planned an 'anti-drugs demonstration' for the 15th. :evil:
    Therefore Anon is not allowed to demonstrate at their church. :(

Looks like they really are trying to fight back
  24. Tay Zonday Member

The St Petersburg Tines has been a thorn in the CoS's side for YEARS. There's a video on youtube of Miscavige addressing Scientologists about the celebration due to the Lisa McPherson charges being dropped and he mentions how evil the paper is, and he constantly refers to it as the SP Times and notes the irony.
  25. eclipsael Member

Well, doesn't mean that you guys can't still move to a more visible location where the public can hear your message. :guyfawkes:
  26. lmafo Member

Don't get me wrong, but I always felt that it's not good that we label ourselves as "Anonymous".
    When you have label, it's easy to target that label.
    CoS are aware of this and in fact this is their only target.
    Anonymous are this, Anonymous are that... get restraining order against Anonymous....

On the other hand if we didn't had a label, and called ourselves just "People", it would be a different story.

Imagine CoS say that People are this, People are that... get restraining order against People ....
    That wouldn't sound good... you can't target just "People"
  27. anon_david Member

:evil: Is there a plan B?
  28. rawrz Member

Who here is from this mysterious "anonymous" they speak of? Why it's a good thing we're protesting in the name of enturbulation.org...or xenu.net...or etc...ect...ect....Thier grasping a straws.
  29. eclipsael Member

...which is still a label, just starting with a different letter of the alphabet.
  30. Coward Member

See, this is why it's a damn good thing no one here is part of the mysterious Anonymous. I am protesting on behalf of the fourth or fifth Marcabian Invasion Fleet. Whichever one gets my signing bonus to me before Saturday.
  31. XenuLovesU Member

P.S. For what it's worth -- if some idiot judge grants this restraining order in FL... I will *so* be on an airplane in time to show up for the demonstration there.
  32. lmafo Member

My point was that we shouldn't promote the label ourselves... look at all the fliers and logos... Anon is clearly became a brand name.
    But if all that labelling stuff was absent and the fliers include only anti Scifag messages without a reference to any group, Then it would be truly anonymous.
  33. Optimisticate Member

Is this just for Pinellas county? What about every other county where they have a hovel called a church?

If Fred Phelps can protest the funerals of soldiers against the wishes of just about every single citizen of the US thanks to free speech, if the masses can protest the abuses of the Catholic church thanks to this same thing...

Et tu, Brute?
  34. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

At least they didn't put in a restraining order against Marcabians... then we'd have been properly fucked. :xenu:
  35. Guerillanon Member

So the old Lisa Mc Trust injunction specifically labled several people involved in the trust and prevents them and anyone directly affiliated with them from demonstrating within so much distance from church property (which is where we got that neat intel about all the churches properties in CW). Which is why we've asked members of the LMT not to come to the Anon protests, because they have to BE THERE to prove direct affiliation. So come hell freezing over and this thing goes through, anyone who gets namefagged in the injunction needs to either not come or hike over to the orlando protest. Theres no way they're able to blow off the entire group. So if we're smart about this there should be VERY minimal impact.
  36. anonawog Member

The injunction was filed in Pinellas County, in Civil/Small claims court.[attachment=0:2srsnb4v]untitled crop.JPG[/attachment:2srsnb4v]
  37. Optimisticate Member

OK, so how do they stop the rest if they're just looking to stop the Clearwater protests? I would recommend that vigilant Anons keep an eye out in other cities for much more devious attempts to stop.
  38. ANON E MOOSE Member

The amsterdam thing may be their next valid tactic, setting up demonstrations on the same days to prevent our demos. Get your protest forms signed and into a local PD the second a date for a protest is announced.
  39. eclipsael Member

I'd recommend that everyone locate the website for their local Clerk of Courts, which should allow you to search the courts' online databases. I've checked Cincinnati's, for example, and while so far we're in the clear, I'm still remaining vigilant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.