Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizpanda Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

noooo it's not from monty python!!! I forgot who but I KNOW FOR SURE the "Who's on First?" isnt from monty phyton for sure...just a side note ^_^;;; hehehe
  2. Captain-chan Member

Abbott and Costello, ABBOTT AND FUCKING COSTELLO. YOU LITTLE WHIPPERSNAPPERS AND YOUR MONTY PYTHONS.

Also, nice vid! Five starred for great justice.
  3. dani_anon Member

Awesome vid :D

I still can't get over the Irony that I and 25 others have been named as anonymous, it's just silly.
  4. eclipsael Member

S'ok, you're now a part of Unanimous[/url:27ky3fcm]. :D
  5. acis Member

lulz
  6. HeyNonnyNonny Member

I know the original "Who's on first" was Aboot and Costello, but I couldn't heear the conversation in my head in anything but the excessively wry and proper british voices of Mr. Idle and crew.

Also, holy lol is it great to see. Great job on the expressions/posing/etc. :mrgreen:
  7. dani_anon Member

8. acis Member

9. noitulover Member

10. Orderous Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

Why did I watch that in the library? People are looking at me as if I were mad right now.
  11. waianon Member

Just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qrBtavjEQ

That should reassure them. :)
  12. Dubber Member

You shouldn't. A lot of people rag on the ACLU because they don't understand how rulings made in one case today can be used against them next year or 10 years from now.

Example: Maybe you remember that the ACLU agreed to defend NAMBLA in a case a while back. People who don't like the ACLU had a field day with it. The ACLU loves pedos! But suppose someone committed an act of violence against the scifags after reading enturbulation for several days, and Scientology filed a lawsuit against enturb. It would be exactly the same legal situation as that NAMBLA case, and the outcome of the NAMBLA case could be cited for or against enturb.
  13. dani_anon Member

I'm trying to find out how to put a vid together for youtube about this.

I'm a programmer so have never done a vid before, so may take me a while. For the soundtrack - all I can think of is 'smack my bitch up' as they filed using same law for domestic violence.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
  14. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

If you do plan on hitting her tip jar, I think it might be a good idea to do it either before or after the protest, while NOT in costume. She probably wouldn't really appreciate us giving the Scilons more reason to think that she is associated with us, and I'm sure they would notice a bunch of Anons going in and tipping her exclusively.
  15. a-non-lawyer Member

Maybe I should clarify slightly, just so nobody has the wrong idea. You can't sue judges for actions taken in their official capacity. In other words, you can't sue a judge for doing the work of a judge, such as issuing a ruling a particular way. The proper remedy for a bad ruling is the appeals process, not filing private lawsuits against judges. No need to dwell on the reasons for this, but it makes a lot of sense. Judges who abuse their position can and are sanctioned by higher courts and can be removed from office and sanctioned by the legislature as well. The point is that there are public mechanisms for dealing with judges (appeals for incorrect decisions made in good faith, sanctions for misbehaving judges), but the idea is that we don't want to privatize penalties in the judicial system, for a wide variety of reasons.The short of it is that it would be a Really Bad Idea.™

To suggest that there's nothing stopping people from buying out judges to get them to say whatever one wants is, well, ridiculous. Go to Google and type in "Scruggs" to find out what happens when people do that. The technical, legal term is "shitstorm."
  16. darr Member

I spoke with an officer a few moments ago and there are key things that must be said here and now.

This is being taken seriously. In every aspect. We as citizens have a right to peacefully assemble and protest. We however, obviously do not have a right to impede on any other individuals rights, private property, or harm them in any way.

With that said, the police officer let it be known that there will really be no warnings because of how seriously this is being taken, and needs to be. If ANYONE, on either side of this, is seen to be committing a criminal act in any way, they will be arrested and removed from the protest. This goes for any person. No matter who they are. Which means, yes, Anons could very well be arrested if they choose to do something stupid, but it also means that if a criminal act is committed by anyone else, be they a member of CoS or not, they will also be arrested with no warning given. The Clearwater police department will NOT stand for anyone committing criminal acts during our peaceful protest.

As it stands now, we have permission to use the megaphone within Coachman Park to speak to protesters in regards to rules, expected behaviours, and routes. It has been requested that the megaphone not be used during marching as it could disrupt noise levels, and someone would probably complain -- or it could confuse a motorist, causing an accident. We shall honor this request as we are committed to having a protest without any incidents what-so-ever.

If an officer tells you to do something, do it. Masks are legal, BUTTTTTTT if a cop tells you to take it off, DO IT. If you are planning on wearing a mask, bring a bandana or scarf back-up. Basically, the cops are there for our protection, everyones protection. If they tell you to do something it is within the best interest of continuing the peaceful protest, insuring public safety, or the handling of an incident. If you feel that someone is giving you official instructions that is not an officer with CWPD, find another officer immediately to clarify. It has been made clear that all officers that will be on duty will be in full CWPD uniform, which should be easily identifiable. What does that mean? Some guy in some nice slacks and a polo comes up and says he's an officer, or just tries to order you around, find an officer.

If an incident DOES occur, DO NOT OBSTRUCT OFFICERS THAT TRY TO GET TO THE INDIVIDUAL(S). It has been recommended that if any incident happens, for protesters to sit down, it must also be noted that those closest to the incident will need to be very wary of their surroundings and listen carefully for/to orders from CWPD. Obstruction of justice is a misdemeanor, and if you are in the way, whether it be sitting, standing, or trying to break up the incident, you may be arrested if you do not listen to CWPD immediately. If you are a distance away from the incident and the march is halted, please sit down or form a single file line. Do not step onto or sit on any CoS property, this is tresspassing. If the incident disrupts the march, do not go past the incident unless you are instructed to do so by CWPD.

It is within EVERYONES best interest that this protest is kept as calm and as peaceful as possible. Not just ours, not just CoS, not just CWPD, EVERYONE.

It is almost go time, Clearwater. Some anon are already at the REH protest. Wish them well.

If you have ANY questions please poast, PM me, or talk to me on IRC.

(mods, I'm posting this in a few areas, please not to hate for spasm<3) Also please excuse horrible Engrish and grammar, I'm running on very little sleep
  17. Scientragedy Member

Do not be surprised if some Scilons cause trouble to intentionally get arrested. They will need witnesses to the infraction.
    The police will be forced to collect names, addresses, phone numbers, etc., of eyewitnesses for court.
    Do not put anything past a group who would put their children out to "point out" so-called "troublemakers!"
  18. Scientragedy Member

Just to clarify, one does not HAVE to give identifying information, as a minor offender would probably be ousted from the protest anyway.
    Only if they committed a gross violation of law... that is another story. Serious business then.
    I could see the courtroom, "Are you a Scientologist?" "Yes"
    "What were you doing there if you are frightened of this group, frightened enough to file for a restraining order?" "DUHHHHH"
  19. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

hey, as a programmer, can you make a program that makes windows suck less? ;-) Sorry for the OT.
  20. dani_anon Member

lol - I can do many things but not the impossible :shock:
    If you have Vista, you have my sincerest sympathy!
  21. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Its called Linux :lol:
  22. sudopod Member

This is the answer. ^_^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.