Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANON E MOOSE Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

I cant help but think of the end of that southpark ep.

ILL SUE YOU!!!!!!!

IN ENGLAND.

looks like that may just swing around to karma them but good.
  2. nirv117 Member

WIN
    Lets Celebrate with Delicious Cake. How's this Saturday work for everyone?
  3. Dubber Member

That's not a good idea. Just call out instructions.
  4. exOT8Michael Member

[attachment=0:lo0qfhfg]carla 6mnth cake.jpg[/attachment:lo0qfhfg]

Party Hard !!!!!!!!!
  5. AnonyFag Member

To hell with a hard-on the size on Manhattan... This news gives me a boner the total length of the islands of Japan.. Including he islands the Russians want!
  6. Anonymous_Bus Member

Awh, how cute. Quick, introduce it to encyclopedia dramatica so it can serve us.

One of us! One of us! One of us!
  7. subrosa Member

Hey, not wanting to piss on the parade, but these guys have a whole 'nother business day to file MORE petitions, and knowing what sleezbags they are, I for one wouldn't put anything past them!
    They have proven over the years to be vicious, uncaring bastards and we can't let our guards down.
    Could they go to a different Judge or court and try again?
    We already know they will stop at nothing, even using children, to promote their criminal activities.

'Nuff said.
  8. googoomuck Member

They file again, they fail again.
    I herd judges liek freedom of speech.
  9. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

I herd judges liek not getting sued into oblivion.
  10. HeyNonnyNonny Member

Going after a judge is about one of the worst things you can do unless you've got overwhelming evidence on your side. Otherwise they'll just recuse themselves and hand it off to another judge who will go into the proceedings thinking you're a prick.
  11. anmoyunos Member

I think judges is a pretty cool guy. eh lieks freedo mof speech and doesn't afraid of anything.
  12. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

My point was indirectly, that judges like upholding the law, because they know first hand the repercussions that can come from it, so they will uphold free speech.
  13. kit Member

I can't help but wonder if today's "bomb scare" was another one of CoS's predictable attempts to dupe the system.
  14. anon1001 Member

15. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

bomb scare?
  16. googoomuck Member

I did notice that the judge on the first attempt recused herself from further cases. But the new guy is a longtime Clearwater resident. He's seen what the cult has done to his town, as anon said elsewhere. And he basically told them in the decision statement that they're assholes.

My happy-thought right now is David Miscavige, and how much this must be pissing him off. :rage:
    But then I think of how that means he's treating his staff and I srs again.
  17. Scientragedy Member

Unless they locate a $cientology-purchased judge, they might be wasting their time and money. The judicial system has to uphold the law, or it will be obvious that they are biased, or bought off.
    They may have lots of money, but there are other ways to topple this organization--dissenters in the ranks, massive recruitment failures (which started quite some time ago), former members, etc.
    The $ci-organization is crumbling.
    I came late to this party, but it is a feeling I have that the 15th of March will surprise even me and you. I certainly hope so.
  18. AnonyMama Member

In the US, you cannot sue a judge. They have what is known as "Absolute Judicial Immunity", and the Supreme Court backs this up.

First - think about it. If you could sue a judge, then every person ever found guilty by a judge would sue. This would tie up the legal system forever.

The only time a judge can get sued is over his administrative duties. That is, if you were employed by a judge and were fired, you could sue him as your employer for getting fired.

The only recourse Co$ has in the US is to appeal decisions they are not pleased with. :lrhcries: Case law goes back to 1868 re: judicial immunity.

Judicial Immunity - Stump V. Sparkman, Should Judges Have Absolute Or Qualified Immunity?, Further Readings

Judicial Immunity - Should Judges Have Absolute Or Qualified Immunity?
  19. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

That is the stupidest shit ever. :|
  20. its.an0nym0us Member

So how much has this week of filling cost them so far?

And also: Notice the PARTY FEE.
  21. HeyNonnyNonny Member

It's not to say there isn't such a thing as a judicial review, which can be filed for/requested if you think a judge is crooked- the law is that every person who get a sentance they don't like can't file a lawsuit.

The COS can file a bar complaint, but they can't ever say "WE'RE suing you."
  22. Orderous Member

Yeah, it might be stupid, but you know what's worse; All the bullshit lawsuits that Americans are capable of producing. Seriously, if they could sue judges, they would!
  23. AnonyMama Member

I am going to assume the best from you, and that you meant that the law was the "stupidest shit ever" and weren't referring to me or what I wrote. Because...well...that would be too mean.

My neighbor has been an attorney for 20+ years and is now sitting on the bench here in my city. He provided me those links to provide an easy-to-understand explanation to give Anon some quick information. He knows what he's talking about, because he has dealt with the wonderful Phelps family and Westboro Baptist. I'm sure you've heard about them. They're quite active and "popular" in my neck of the woods.
  24. ZOOMzoom Member

I'm going to print this out and frame it on my wall, like Tory did with her SP declare ;_;
  25. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Oh don't get me wrong I am all for part of it, for example, a Judge should be able to say whatever he wants in court with no repercussions, but the problem I see with the current way is there is nothing stopping people from buying out judges to say what they want, because the judge is protected, even if he or she is bought out.
  26. Citybeatnik Member

It's my understanding that they can still be impeached or disbarred, just not sued. You can't show up in court snorting cocaine out of the colons of underaged Thaiwanese prostitutes and expect to keep practicing.
  27. SaintNona Member

From http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/civil/article416511.ece,

28. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Thoughts after reading 25 pages:

LRH's Bday is like Christmas to them. It's a shame they didn't tell us this earlier, or some namefagged anons could have filed complaints against the church if they were holding any celebrations on public grounds. I know a lot of places (at least here in the US) at least have that one guy that gets pissed because someone's doing a nativity display on public property. So the judge tells them they can't. because you can't use public places for religious stuff ,etc. etc. blah blah. So apply the same to Co$.

tl;dr: find some inventive ways to get public Co$ events shut down via our friendly judicial system.
  29. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

With regards to the DVD the church of Scientology submitted to the court : Further Investigation into Bomb Threat video - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6939
  30. sudopod Member

Their hate and failure makes my cock so hard it can cut diamonds.
  31. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Hey guys! DID THIS POST SAIL RIGHT OVER YOUR HEADS OR WHAT?

This is the press on this injunction CLEAR ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET!!!!!!

Now it's getting all the Aussies riled up about the Co$ too.

Foot bazooka or what! :rage:

So take a win, anonymous!

:rage: Poor Roger. He'll be on the RPF by now.
  32. Legion Member

THIS
  33. Citybeatnik Member

That faint sound you hear, just at the edge of your hearing?

That's me cackling loud enough to shatter glass.
  34. its.an0nym0us Member

GAIS IF YOU ARE PROTESTING AND SHE IS WORKING THAT DAY, ROCK THAT TIP JAR.

Legal fees, WHUT!
  35. waianon Member

THIS!
  36. rof Member

This is why I said we need a chart of named defendants. Name, hometown (country close to Florida?), Anon Y/N, how they think they were chosen. Didn't someone say some of them are current scilons? I was suspecting more than one might be ridiculous but so far three are: the only three I know about, two that spoke up in this thread (Dani and F3lIX) and now poor barista Rosalie.

hahahaha
  37. Slab Bulkhead Member

[IMG]
    Seems they are upgrading to footshells, since they fired 26 simultaneous footshots to the foot.
  38. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Posting on epic thread.

Oh! Jesus tap-dancing Christ! What a way to cap off Staturday! See you all on Caturday!
  39. Anorumi Member

Somebody doesn't know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan. :lol:
  40. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ar9XL4e9dI
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.