Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonMomAnon Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

i am dancing....cha cha cha!

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
  2. albinocat Member

Co$ will try this again, thats their tactic. So better monitor for next restraining orders.
  3. XenuLovesU Member

You *know* this pimp-slapping they're getting from the judges has to be causing some major puckerage. Alas, I think they're only going to play dirtier pool... and as they continue to fuck-up we'll merrily plaster the Internet with the evidence.
  4. anonoh1 Member

1st MOTION FOR TEMPORARY INJUNCTION - $299.00
    2nd MOTION FOR TEMPORARY INJUNCTION - $299.00
    INJUNCTIONS REJECTED BECAUSE OF "lack of existence of any organization or hierarchy of command" -- PRICELESS
  5. ANON E MOOSE Member

Sounds like they are having a pretty shit stat day to me. :D

I love how smart these judges are.
  6. googoomuck Member

ohhhh, that is so awesome.
    Thank you, Judge Baird, for not being in CoS' pocket. You are fucking cool.
  7. ormuzd Member

Fort Mill Times has covered it already:

Link[/url:3goagawf]
  8. sudopod Member

They fought the LOL and the LOL won.
  9. tigger Member

Oh, happy day!
  10. Anon1376 Member

^ Loving that quote, and singing it in my head.
  11. dani_anon Member

I am the Dani in the court filing, I put my reply in another thread - so copypasta here too - I am male btw :p

What they alleged I said was mostly untrue.

I have my recording of the conversation and it clearly states the following.

1) I did not state I was anonymous, I gave them my full name and phone number. I did say that I supported anonymous and asked them questions related to the impact anonymous had had on the Church of Scientology - which they weren't very eager to answer.

2) I did not say that I was going to clearwater for the protest - I did however say I was going to the protest in the UK, no planes were ever mentioned.

3) I do own deathofscientology.com - but it is not for any nefarious reason. I explained to the lady that it is to chronicle the old regime going into new (in the early 80's) and the effects of anon and other critics peaceful actions against the church. I also added that if the church was restructured due to the protests against them, so that it is not as corrupt/stigmatised, I would put that down too. I would be totally non-biased and as accurate as possible. I also explained that it was a lot like the splintering off of the catholic church and orthodox church, when the Catholic church had to rethink it's policies to be more inline with the public. Both Scientology's supporters and critics would appear and input would be welcomed from both.

4) I was incredibly polite to the lady and indicated I do not support any non peaceful actions.

I was amazed to learn I had moved to London without my knowledge XD
    I don't live anywhere near London, over 100 miles away.

I was wondering how they were planning to serve me with the injunction, if it had gone through :D
  12. Daywatch Member

they're going to go after Paul Fetch/Carnes and Jakob K. Reist and Eric Bauman?

cause aren't they all regional Directors?
  13. darr Member

14. Cambridge Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

i have a feeling that this joke has already been made buuut so the fuck what.

No over 9000% :guyfawkes:
  15. XenuLovesU Member

I wonder how the "26 group members named in the document" feel about being slandered all over the Internet by the CoS? Can the CoS provide one single shred of credible evidence that ties *any* of the people on the list to any of the specific acts they alleged took place? The judge himself said there was no evidence to that effect to be found in the motion. Oopsie.

If *my* name was on that motion that suggested I had something to do with all the things they claimed...

...I'd be lawyering-up right now for a little civil-court fun.

P.S. It's definitely worth downloading and reading the PDF linked above. The judge gives the CoS a further smackdown that doesn't appear in the news story. In short, he tells them "if you're getting a lot of anonymous threats, take it to the police instead of requesting such a 'constitutionally severe' remedy."

I'm in love with that Judge.
  16. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

You can count on Judge Baird to be sympathetic to our cause. He's a Florida native who practiced law in Clearwater for years. And he saw first hand what the Co$ did to this area, after their infiltration.
  17. sudopod Member

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Scilons could be reading this thread! Please take down those names!!!!!!1111elvendyone
  18. dani_anon Member

I've been thinking about it as the injunction was denied, but have no idea how to sue the Co$ in the US.

Will have to do some research :)
  19. anonoh1 Member

If so inclined, you might want to call one or two of the local reporters and tell them that of the two people named in the injunction, you are in UK and had no plans to fly to Florida. That is pretty strong and shows how weak their legal filing was/is.
  20. dani_anon Member

I was just thinking about that - there were 26 named in the injunction filing btw :)
  21. ChuckyLarms Member

you just got yerself some internets... nicely played.
  22. anon5712 Member

Sir/madam, you've just earned internet immortality. A meme was born.
  23. JaneDoe Member

You have a recording of this conversation? I'm particularly interested in this part. If you have it recorded and what they filed in their injunction is spun in their favor and not what you actually said, I'd like to see them explain away that one.
  24. dani_anon Member

Yes I have a recording of the call, also I can obtain via the police a verified (by the police) undoctored version, by getting them to obtain it from the phone company using powers in RIPA (Regulation Investigatory Powers Act).

Under that UK act, all calls are recorded and held for a minimum of 3 months by the telephone company and can be obtained via the police/court order.
  25. anonoh1 Member

Yes, but only two names of specific people cited as threatening them. All other claims were phone calls or internet postings. One person "shut off the power" and then you, Dani, threatened them with a website name and flying to FL (in their minds). Those other names were all culled as tied to Anonymous through news clippings.
  26. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

tsk tsk...recall that Herber J. signed that injunction (cough) and he is the PRESIDENT of the CO$ INTERNATIONAL...no need to sue them in the UK, sue CO$ INTERNATIONAL...

I fought the lol and the lol won...EPIC WIN right there...yes it is.
  27. dani_anon Member

Sorry to post more than once, the Co$ has a history of telling lies within their 'fair game' policy - so no suprise there.

I will be having a word with my solicitor in the morning to get the undoctored version as Co$ will inevitably accuse me of doctoring the call and vice versa, I would love to see what their evidence is though :)
  28. dani_anon Member

I must remember to sue anyone with a www address I find threatening :wink:

I love ' I fought the LOL and the LOL won'
  29. Awesome Non Member

Fuck it, if you can do that, go for purjury. It may be a long shot as it's 1 phone call and if they have no recording of it (LOL) it might have just been reported from memory but give it a go. If they get charged for purjury it makes the whole TRO attempts look bad regardless of what they contain. Also there might be something that can be said about them having the wrong address for you.
  30. anonitard Member

Is that delicious libel suit I smell?
  31. JaneDoe Member

Oh please believe, I saw the true spirit of fair game all over that injunction. But I absolutely LOVE it when there's proof to the contrary. When someone can say fair game DOES exist and HERE'S PROOF, it makes me all happy inside.

I still don't get how they can use someone in the UK in an injunction filed in Florida as a basis of why anonymous shouldn't protest. It might begin to make SOME sense if they were trying to stop it in the UK but... Try as I might, I can not think like a scientologist.
  32. SPectacululz Member

With 26 names? More like a small class-action libel suit, methinks... They've been namefagged anyway, so why not go for gold?
  33. Awesome Non Member

Oh, can I be "John Doe" #17! I want some sweet scieno cash as well.
  34. Anon9000+1 Member

we should all file under John Doe status and entrust and winnings to our respective lawyers. :)
  35. dani_anon Member

The ACLU email address doesn't work - just got bounced from gkayton@aclufl.org

Is there another email addy for them?
  36. dani_anon Member

libel cake for all :D
  37. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Yeah, we have a damage reduction +20/7, fast healing by 20, and regeneration by 10. Oh, and every time we have to make a will save for mass damage, if we pass, we get 3 points in con and 2 points in str.

;-)

keep up the good work guys. I would love to hear that call too.
  38. anonoh1 Member

IANAL, but I think there is nothing the 25 namefagged people can do. There is no libel violations here. However, Dani might have a case against CSInt'l because of UK libel laws and having the phone call. I'm not sure, but I would think a corporation filling that TRO naming his UK name and claiming to be threatened might get somewhere in crazy UK courts, but I doubt it. Since it was rejected, this is pretty much dead topic in US.
  39. lmafo Member

COOL!
  40. Agamhcet Member

We could just become MissingNo. That's suitable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.