Customize

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

Discussion in 'Media' started by googoomuck, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. googoomuck Member

3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order (Digg link in OP)

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/03/12/North ... s_ba.shtml
    *edit*
    OH HAI GUISE
    Here is the petition. Here there be lulz.
    +3 Petition of Loling[/url:2f0izqdu]
    Filing records[/url:2f0izqdu]

*edit2!*
    Anybody with PR experience (or without, whatever) that wants to help produce a press release in response to this:
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6676&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
    The sooner the better! We have a deadline of 3pm eastern daylight time.
  2. ZoSo Member

Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

A restraining order against who and the what now?
  3. its.an0nym0us Member

Maybe this is the 'new info' from the meeting earlier today. They have names or possibly seeking to speak out against anyone associated with certain sites/groups? Is that even fucking possible?
  4. AnonEFG12365 Member

Note that they are not taking us lightly anymore.

They are on the ropes.

Anon is winning.
    We got the star power punch waiting
    Now if this Protest can deliver ze Uppercut, Mario will count the TKO and Anon will win again!
  5. ThornAnon Member

I wonder how many of those "threats" were posted by OSA. Hmm?
  6. anonspitfire Member

wtf?? they can do that, right?
  7. LaAnonarama Member

So.... who are they going to try to restrain here? This is pretty laughable. More laughable would be if the powers that be go along with and and approve the restraining order. I'm sure there are a few firms that would LOVE to prosecute that case.
  8. perf_ekt Member

:lol: :lol:

Well, they could try this place. Plenty of comments here :wink:
  9. AnonEFG12365 Member

quiz1559outcome7.jpg

second
  10. Tweenon Member

YOU CAN'T PUT A RESTRAINING ORDER ON A PROTEST! THAT VIOLATES OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

D:< GO AWAY, COS.
  11. SeaOrg Slut Member

This has been tried before, it won't work. It only works on small groups of people stupid enough to bring hate signs with swastikas on it associating the reich with Scientology. If it does work, I want to see the police enforce it - it'll be fun to watch.
  12. anoncommie Member

so, uh, who did they file the restraining order against? The Internets?
  13. Anon1376 Member

"we have evidence to the contrary."

Oh what kind of Fail-Faggotry do we have going on here.
    More of their piss-poor spliced in video of themselves posing as the Guy?
    "Um...lets..uh go /b/-turds! Win 4 Davood...and stuff. Did you get that? This mask is itchy."

Only time will tell if their Comic Fail will turn to Cosmic Fail when the courts say "WTF is this? Yer calling olley olley oxen free from protests?"
  14. r3bus Member

Depending on how much Clearwater is in their pocket, they may find a "Sympathetic Judge".

If they do, we still win! Just hold the protest somewhere that satisifies the condition of the order. Do not try and violate the order as that pisses off judges, sic the ACLU on the Co$ for that.

And you could then hold signs that say "Why is Scientology afraid our message?"

So it is win-win.
  15. Ivlesin Member

No, seriously. If you take away the whole "you can't do that because Anonymous isn't a specific person" thing, can they actually legally do this? Protesting is a constitutional right, and while they can claim we have violent threats against them, our record (see: February 10th) is clean and we did nothing wrong then. Am I being whooshed?

Also, considering the US court system, there is absolutely no way this will be passed in three days. I understand that the courts can be paid off, but even under "normal" circumstances it wouldn't ever reach anything close to three days.

EDIT: And if the restraining order is against the idea of Anonymous. . .can't we just go out there saying we're. . .not Anonymous? Still using :guyfawkes: of course. I have to say, I really don't think the Church thought this through entirely.
  16. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

I have to ask if there's someone high up in the "church" who's actually on OUR side and convinced them that this was a good idea...
  17. AnonEFG12365 Member

Yes, don't break the restraining order if it actually happens. Call the ACLU. They will DEFINITLY Listen as r3bus said.

we don't want scientologists to claim we break the laws at whim... well they claim it anyway, but don't make them right!
  18. HeyNonnyNonny Member

That filing reads like a bad Monty Python sketch.

"We're filing a restraining order, your honor."
    "Against who?"
    "Anonymous."
    "Excuse me?"
    "They're Anonymous."
    "Well, they how do you know they've been harrassing you?"
    "Because we've seen them."
    "Well, then they're not anonymous, are they?"
    "Oh no, we're quite sure they're Anonymous."
    "But then how do you know who they are?"
    "Well, we don't specifically."
    "But you just said you did!"
    "No, no, we know they're Anonymous. We just don't know who they are specifically."
    "But then how do you know who it is, if they're Anonymous?"
    "Right, they're anonymous."
    "Right."
    "So can we have the restraining order?"
    "Against who?"
    "Anonymous! Haven't you listened to a word we've been saying?!"
    "...Who's on first?" o.0

Seriously, though, any lawfags able to shed some light on to what degree this could possibly be effective, if anything?

(And also, if restraining orders worked, how come Arnie's never gotten one or Tory or WBM? Or have they?)
  19. Anon1376 Member

For what? The pure enjoyment of watching any judge with multiple cooperating braincells to wipe tears of laughter from his eyes while trying to explain using puppets and chalk diagrams why this can't be done?
  20. AnonEFG12365 Member

win man... made of win
  21. eclipsael Member

Cute, Pat, real cute! What are you hiding? What are your crimes?

Hopefully, this won't hold water, but being in Clearwater, this could very well go through. We definitely need to keep our eye on this situation, especially if they're trying this in other cities aside from Clearwater.
  22. its.an0nym0us Member

If I have to change my name to its.unkn0wn i will!
  23. anonawog Member

Take care with this, Scientology excels in litigation. Co$ has shown in the past that they have members of Clearwater legal system in their pocket.

Good news is Scientology is now trying to harass Anonymous with a lawsuit, rather than just ignoring us nasty SPs.
  24. anoncommie Member

A++, would read again
  25. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

Yep

What can they possibly gain from it? Apart from bad PR. :lol:
  26. AnonEFG12365 Member

How can they sue the unsueable?

Just askin...
  27. Captain-chan Member

Even if Scilons had all of Florida in their pocket, there's no way you can file a restraining order against &quot;everyone in general.&quot; You need a specific person indicated, with a legal NAME attached to that person, and you need a provable reason. They gots NOTHING. It's like they've run out of feet to shoot themselves in and now they're calling in relatives to shoot THEM in the foot.

basically what they're proposing amounts to this:

stopinternetkr7zv8.th.jpg [/url:1exqmf7h]

And THAT friends, is why they hate Anon so much. Because their tried and true method of &quot;sue until they say uncle&quot; doesn't work if THEY DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Anonymous FUCKING DELIVERS.
    :guyfawkes:
  28. anonawog Member

They can't sue Anonymous. But they can sue people who they think are the leaders of Anonymous.
  29. Camille Member

Seriously, I didn't think this could get more lulzy and it DOES. Oh internets, you sure know how to deliver. I'm wondering if this was what the TOP SEKKRIT meetings were about today. Seems kind of sad is if this is the best they can do, play the same old card of "BAWWWW VICTIM" with a legal trigger finger. Too bad it's just retarded against Anonymous. Even if they try to put restraining orders against name-fagged Anons, what about the rest? Good luck with that, CoS. :guyfawkes:
  30. Consensus Member

Jesus Christ.

I bet this boosts our numbers 15% on the fifteenth...
  31. Captain-chan Member

Allow me to lawfag this thread up...taken from current Florida law on restraining order requirements:

sauce: http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... orida.html

tl;dr: They can give anyone a temporary 15-day restraining order BUT THEY MUST HAVE A LEGAL NAME ON IT. Even if Scilons push this through by Saturday, they've got maybe half a dozen who've already been namefagged...they can't stop the rest of Anon from showing up.
  32. googoomuck Member

posted a comment (you did too, right?) and got this:
    I guess they're used to getting "I've been in CoS for years and I nevar paid a penny, in fact they pay me!" spam from scilons. :roll:
  33. eclipsael Member

Okay, now my coworkers are looking over at me, wondering why I can't catch my breath.
  34. gcanon Member

They say they couldn't reach us for comment. Obviously, they didn't try very hard. I guess it's up to us to reach them.

BTW, is there any way to bypass that fucking "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." message that keeps popping up whenever I try to make this post? I've been trying for more than half an hour.
  35. darr Member

To any Clearwater people, I will be setting my alarm and waking up early to speak with my contacts in the police department and phone the ACLU (again). So let's not bumrush them with calls about this, updates as soon as I have them, if I need help with calling I'll make sure to ask asap.
  36. HailXenu79 Member

Well, even if they *do* somehow get a restraining order against "Anonymous," you could always go as "Gaiz Incognito." ;)
  37. Re: 3/12 SP Times: CoS files restraining order

If this gets passed, I would not be in the least bit surprised if a lawyer takes up the case against this order and rapes the CoS and whoever is in there pocket for breaking your constitutional right to protest.
  38. Anon Y. Mouse Member

They still have yet to prove we are anything more than wisps of online ether. :D
  39. anmoyunos Member

The article's title alone had me laughing. CoS fights in court? There's something you don't see everyday.
  40. Captain-chan Member

I'm getting a restraining order against everyone I don't like from now on. I'm also getting a restraining order against anyone prettier than me. OF WHICH THERE AREN'T VERY MANY, THANK YOU. I don't like to be outshined.

Also icky smells and crawly bugs. I'm getting restraining orders against them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.