Customize

26 Page New Yorker article about Paul Haggis and scientology Possible FBI investigation

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Nov 26, 2010.

1. WagTheWog Member

I agree Miranda. The Grand Canyon was carved a little bit at a time.
  2. Silly433 Moderator

lol, me wants Jack Vistaril sock
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ogsonofgroo Member

Jack Vistaril?

OMG omg omg! think I just blew a lung laughtering! Only Tommy ('Footbullet')Davis makes me laugh more sometimes, what a little prat he is. Go Tommeh Go!

Long article is worth the read too.
  4. Anonymous Member

Is it really a smart idea to make an investigation public while the investigation is still going on? And how do we know the New Yorker journalist isn't full of shit? What if there IS an investigation, but he wasn't supposed to tell anyone? Somehow, I have a bad feeling about this...
  5. Anonymous Member

I would think that CoS already knew about it. I don't think high profile critics like Amy Scobee or Tom DeVocht can talk to the FBI without CoS knowing about this. And there has been talk about an investigation along those lines for some time on this board too.

He has no reason to make this up, same goes for his sources and he also names people working on the investigation for the FBI.

I don't. If CoS already knows about it, what's the point in denying? Also, this could lead to more people coming forward to the FBI and telling their story, now that they know that there is somebody in law enforcement who is investigating.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

It's what the CoS doesn't yet know that makes me smile the most.

Good bye, cult.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. The Moon Member

Take a shot every time someone in the comments mentions yellow journalism.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CarterUSP Member

I can taste the win in the air. Miscabbage must be going NUTS.
  10. Anonymous Member

Anti-Marty OSA blog knew about it already 1.5 years ago and tried to discredit the FBI thing as a "scam":
    https://martyrathbunmikerindermoney...010/08/24/marty-rathbun-boasts-about-the-fbi/
    https://martyrathbunmikerindermoney...-mike-rinder-to-pose-in-front-of-fbi-and-irs/
  11. TREE MEN DOSE!
  12. Anonymous Member

Smashing Docs dude is unpleasant. Seems to be a theme with comments lately, be ugly and increasingly defensive. Ahh, they ain't like they used to be. Gawker commenters are educated, tech savvy and for the most part damn fine writers. CoS cannot send enough trolls to handle them! Smashing Docs greatest hits:

fanatic anti-religionists?
    fanatic anti-religionists?

What makes me very sad is that we know they believe the shit they write.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. tikk Member

Great article. Wright very effectively dismantled Tommy Davis's bullshit, and did so fairly. Also nice to see Wright doing a victory lap--Matt Lauer on Today, tomorrow he's on with Terry Gross on NPR, I expect he'll show pop in a few other places.

Scientology responded to the information that the FBI is investigating it for human trafficking with a statement read on the Today show, that this is old news because a lawsuit involving the same allegations was dismissed in federal court. This is unsurprisingly disingenuous, given that (a) allegations made a civil lawsuit hardly precludes the possibility that that practice nevertheless occurs; and (b) the merits of the underlying claims in the Headley lawsuits were never reached by the court--it never concluded that human trafficking did not occur there, only that Scientology was protected by the ministerial exception with regard to the claims. The court's decision was poorly considered, but regardless, it's apples to the FBI's oranges.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Django Member

Just a personal bug-a-boo: They addressed the "Fastest Growing Religion" issue, something that a lot of reports don't, or just repeat Scn's "8 Million" figure.

Yeah, there's a lot in there that we already know, but there was some new stuff, at least for me. But it's so fucking comprehensive, and will reach an entirely new audience. Downer: their mention of Anonymous never got beyond the ddos thing, and never mentioned the monthly peaceful protests that have been occurring for almost Three Friggin' Years now.

All in all, full of win!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DeathHamster Member

16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  17. anonsoldier Member

Saw this, came. Put on new pants. Came again from sheer epic.

I'm just not going to wear pants for a while to be safe.
    • Like Like x 5
  18. DeathHamster Member

Now the paper cuts are coming at a speed as if Davie and Tommy leaned in too close to their new printing press.
  19. Anonymous Member

Hypothetical situation: What if the FBI comes back with insufficient evidence to prosecute? What if they say the claims made against Scientology are either exaggerated or false? What would be your reaction?
  20. anonsoldier Member

Well, negative Nancy, I'd probably do the opposite and shove bricks down my dick. Particularly if the latter occurs. Insufficient evidence to prosecute would mean they'd simply need to keep gathering evidence. I'm all for them being hardcore on getting it technically right so there's no weak links in a trial. I can keep waiting if I know there's a good chance that someone's getting prosecuted down the road.

But to say the claims are exaggerated or false? Then we've ALL been suckered by an even greater con.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice speculation.
  23. Anonymous Member

As long as there are still high profile Scilons at Gold Base, like Heber Jentzsch, Guillaume Lesevre etc. who could potentially blow and spill the beans, they will keep the file open.
  24. Anonymous Member

It can't be pleasant, even for a Tommy Davis, to have to trot out the 'sumbuddy else musta snuck that in there' excuse. I mean - LOL - if they haven't been scrutinising LRH's insane outpourings for 60 fucking years for anything that wasn't 'source', but that homophobic stuff somehow escaped their attention...just abject...pitiful.

No other comments yet on that little snippet re. Marty's sideline, selling beer at ballparks - brought this old chestnut to mind: 'grandpaw did whatever he could...'

25. Ann O'Nymous Member

Whoever did it showed incredible tenacity.
  26. LocalSP Member

I wish The New Yorker had instant commenting.
  27. Anonymous Member

Beghe left after the advent of Anonymous, not in 2007.
    The FBI once again investigates and seemingly has walked away again. Still, nice to know they actually showed up for a bit.
    Anonymous doesn't fare well in this article, but that's okay: "You're welcome anyway, faggots."

All of that aside, Miscavige's asshole must be sucked up into his throat and this makes me so fucking happy.
  28. CarltonBANKS Member

At long last!

What's taken you so long, FBI?
    • Like Like x 1
  29. CarltonBANKS Member

I wonder if this will hit the print edition tomorrow?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...probe-alleged-human-trafficking.html?ITO=1490

View attachment article-1354449-03BA073E0000044D-761_634x500_popup

COB David Miscavige tidbit:

Harpoons - take a second to click the red or green arrow as you see fit
    333148.png
  30. CarltonBANKS Member

*looks for Sponge's awesome photo of John Alex Wood on the hamster wheel*

333157.png
  31. Sponge Member

Erm.....
    (That’s Special Agent Tricia Whitehill in the FBI’s Los Angeles office)

CAST LA website....
    http://www.castla.org/coalition-members
    Related thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/alert-cult-compromises-human-trafficking-help-group.62507/

We never did find out why, after it being made aware to them, why CAST LA still lists a scientology front group as one of their "Rescue & Restore Regional Coalition Partners".
    With the news that there is an ongoing FBI investigation, I think some answers are in order, because, on the face of it, it looks rather incompetent to say the least.
    • Like Like x 6
  32. CarltonBANKS Member

That's the anchovie:

333166.png

(author of d254c060ada0af621c28f110.L._AA300_.jpg )
    • Like Like x 2
  33. I'm absolutely THRILLED to pieces over this but my question is what took them so long?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Wikileaks and Julian Assange. They realized they don't have a case and gave up... so to make peace, they are supporting us by looking into Scientology.
    /speculation
  35. Anonymous Member

I don't think so. Beghe did leave in 2007, but went public after the advent of Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

From Gawker comments:

And this from the Mail Online:

lol
    • Like Like x 4
  37. Triumph Member

Little Loopy Louanne said she didn't want to waste her time reading the article..
    Since when did you actually read an article you commented on??...

Poor Loopy Louanne... will be the last one standing ..and will mutter General "George Armstrong Custer's" famous last words...

WHERE AND THE *UCK DID ALL THOSE *UTHER *UCKING INDIANS COME FROM?!!
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Sponge Member

In addition to normal prioritizing of investigations, there's probably a formula based on factors such as "how embrassing will this be if we ignore this gigantic fucking elephant in the corner of the room for much longer, especially when it starts to shit?".

I dunno VC, I'm not going to break out the special megacake until that psychopathic dwarf is actually sitting in the dock.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Optimisticate Member

40. moarxenu Member

Well done, Anonymous. From 4chan to the Party Van in a mere three years. Awesome anons are awesome.
    • Like Like x 4