Customize

26 Page New Yorker article about Paul Haggis and scientology Possible FBI investigation

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

loling at this comment
    http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/02/the_new_yorker_sent_scientolog.html#comments
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. xenubarb Member

He probably hit the foot he was aiming at, but they don't give medals for footbullets.
  4. Anonymous Member

Meanwhile back in Nashville Nicole Kidman can be heard laughing her ass off.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Of course the old bomb in the volcano trick.
    donadamsdt2.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

We could issue some. Maybe frame them too?

BTW, you can shoot down this idea if you want, but I have never seen a better George Michael look-alike. Worthy of award too?

john-t__oPt.jpg
  7. Miranda Member

Personally, I'd like to see trophies in the form of fake medals. Not too convincingly fake, though, no insult to veterans. Maybe like Boy Scout badges, or Sea Org epaulets. I could do with a pair of those.
  8. xenubarb Member

You'd look cute in epaulets, I imagine.
  9. DeathHamster Member

Let's do both!
  10. Miranda Member

Hmm, can they be worn with vampire cape? Choices, choices...
  11. Anonymous Member

I6xHi.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Triumph Member

Winnapeg Free Press

Haggis says he's felt personal blow from speaking out against Scientology
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/en...eaking-out-against-scientology-115668404.html

Halifax Metro
    Haggis says Scientology attack cost him friends
    http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sce...ggis-says-scientology-attack-cost-him-friends
  13. edit: the Armed Forces Reserve Medal in the lower right is mistakenly labeled the Armed Forces Service Medal. A corrected image is on page 14 of this thread. My apologies.
    hubbardstolenmedals2d.jpg
    • Like Like x 9
  14. exOT8Michael Member

Thanks anon salute the pooch. That is some good info about the stolen valor medals.
  15. DeathHamster Member

Marty sounds a little mixed on the article.
    Not seeing how Hubbard's phony war record and the rest of it is Davie's fault... (Maybe Marty thinks he could answer the questions better than Tommy Davis? Probably, and I'd like to see him try, but he's not going to convince any rational person that Hubbard wasn't a phony war hero.)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. the anti Member

you are now added to my list of heroes
    • Like Like x 1
  17. alex2y Member

What scientologists think about the recent exposure:
    I think they are finally starting to make sense.
  18. hushpuppy Member

From Wikipedia - underlined by me:

The 4 medals that are not fake seem to be all service awards and not personal decorations?
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Anonymous Member

Marty is such a slimy fucker. LOL if you look at his comments under this specific article, note that he begins by diverting any potential critical thinking aside by posting as the first comment, some man raving about the tremendous fake wins he had with Marty and his used car salesman tech magick.
  20. CaptainAhab Member

Correct. And thanks, salute the pooch, for annotating that pic.

Which are the two medals that weren't created until after Hubbard left active service?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Wow. Long thread is long and I haven't even read the article yet, though it's been waiting for me. You guys give a nice preview for what I'm about to read though.
  22. thefatman Member

Article link in OP seems to be down?
  23. WagTheWog Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. hushpuppy Member

25. Sponge Member

Thanks for the photo annotations. There are ribbons which have no corresponding medals but we did a key yesterday on OCMB. So, I'll just crosspost that and the notes......

>> CLICK HERE FOR THE ORIGINAL HIGH-RESOLUTION VERSION OF THE ABOVE PHOTO <<

KEY to above photo:
    Left to right, top to bottom. R=Ribbon. M=Medal.

Red text = stolen valour
    Blue text = Official navy record
    "R--" or "M--" dashes indicate missing corresponding medal or ribbon.

*R1, M8 = Navy Pistol Marksmanship Medal (Expert)
    *R2, M13 = Navy Rifle Marksmanship Medal (Expert)
    R3, M-- = Médaille commémorative de la Guerre de 1939 - 1945 (French commemorative Medal 1939-1945)
    R4, M-- = "Bronzen Kruis" (Netherlands Bronze Cross)
    R5, M-- = The (British) Star medal 1939-1945
    R6, M6 = Philippine Defense Medal (+3 silver stars)
    R7. M14 = Armed Forces Reserve Medal
    R8, M9 = National Defense Service Medal
    R9, M5 = World War II Victory Medal (US) (dec 1941- dec 1946)
    R10, M7 = European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal (+ 2 Bronze stars)
    R11, M4 = American Campaign Medal (+2 Bronze stars)
    R12, M10 = Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal (+2 Bronze stars)
    R13, M3 = American Defense Service Medal (+ 1 Bronze star)
    R14, M-- Organised Marine Corp Reserve Medal
    R15, M2 = Naval Reserve Medal
    R16, M11 = Purple Heart
    R17, M1 = Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal (+1 Bronze star)
    R--, M12 = Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal

Notes:
    * The two marksman medals appear listed on the offical letter of seperation but not on official personnel records so whether he actually earned them is in dispute. However, the particular ones displayed in the photo weren't even issued before 1969 (when by that time he was obviously well out of the military).

Stars on medals: These indicate that the same medal was awarded more than once. Official records show that out of the 4 medals that Hubbard was entitled to, there was only one of each awarded. 4 medals, no stars.
    i.e. each star on the ribbons that have them is another instance of stolen valour.

The Ribbon block is displayed upside down. That means the stripes on R5 (which is the only one not symmetrical) are in the opposite order as shown. Correct way up, R5 visually identifies as the (British) STAR medal 1939-45 and not the The War Medal 1939-45 (British) that is claimed on the 1974 cult document (which has a totally different ribbon). Eitherway, Hubbard didn't earn it.

The total number of medals claimed in the cult dox is 17.
    The actual number of unique military medals and ribbons in the photo given to the Lawrence Wright in the New Yorker adds up to 18. That's one more than they originally claimed on their 1974 letter to the Navy Branch of the National Personnel Records Center. The extra one is M12.
    Even their lies are lies.

Thanks for the help guys. If anyone has any more input then feel free.

=======

*Minor edit on my notes about the marksman medals dispute.
    Rather than chase down all places where I've posted the above, it is probably better if you just go to my original here:
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=390757#p390757
    where I'll post any further changes if required.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Anonymous Member

That's a great look for Travolta if he wants to go "cottaging" in London.
  28. Cudgel Member

You mean I wasted all that?
  29. Cudgel Member

Any DC Anons up for a air the evening of February 19?

From the Heroes or Villans website (http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1204.htm):

Caveat: I'm nowhere near DC. Just pointing out an opportunity.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Interrobanger Member

Good information, but let's not make the mistake of disrespecting legitimate medals and the people who earned them.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. AnonLover Member

32. hushpuppy Member

Absolutely!

I have the greatest respect and admiration for anyone serving their country!

The only reason I pointed this out is that scientologists like to emphasize LRH's personal bravery and heroism when they brag about his role in WWII.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. xenubarb Member

How many times do you have to be told?
    IT'S A SWING COAT!!
    • Like Like x 4
  34. 3rdMan Member

35. DeathHamster Member

http://www.spaink.net/cos/warhero/medals.htm
    The British and Dutch medals don't exist according to historian Chris Owen. No mention of the French one.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Smurf Member

This is priceless with color photos to back up his story... should be sent to all the media... watch Tom Cruise squirm. Love the photo of him at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
  37. hushpuppy Member

Thanks DH!
    The New Yorker's solid fact finding mission brings back into play every scientologist's fraudulent claims regarding lrh's bravery and heroism in wwii!
  38. GuyFox Member

Whew, a long read, and what an EPIC week this turned out to be. Best thing that happened this year, so far.
  39. parvent Member

It's always been that way. During RTC v Netcom my PI's had moles at 6331 Hollywood OSA.
  40. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2