Customize

25 July- Atlanta - Independence from the Cult

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by LolitaTrap, Jun 20, 2009.

1. LolitaTrap Member

25 July- Atlanta - Independence from the Cult

IMPORTANT: Time is from 4:20 to 7:11 not the 1:30 bullshit. It's too fucking hot.

The Place to Be:
    4480 North Shallowford Rd.
    Dunwoody Ga.

Date and Time:
    July 25, 2009
    4:20 pm to 7:11
    Caek will be served.

Bring:

* Yourself and your friends! Friends of friends! Family! Coworkers, neighbors, anyone who wants to come (except the local nutcases), anyone else you can persuade, bribe, or blackmail (if you do the latter 2, we don't want to know about it!)
    * Signs that are hueger than XBOX and/or sign making supplies
    * Flyers - We have some opportunity to hand out flyers, and your fellow anons would like to trade with you.
    * H20 and other non-alcoholic beverages
    * Good spirits and a cool head
    * Cameras, still and video
    * Comfortable shoes

Parking:
    Be creative.

There are many potential parking areas within walking distance if you look around.
    4480 North Shallowford Rd. Dunwoody Ga - Google Maps, see the satellite image and explore.

Marta (the bus) runs right by the org, but only once an hour:
    MARTA - Getting There - Bus Schedules
    MARTA Bus Route 103 Map

Other miscellany:
    * Police will be notified - we have new police now, they got bored last time and left.
    * Masks are illegal, but we've had no problems with sunglasses, hats, wigs, face paint, as long as they don't cover the majority of your face. Choose your disguise/costume with wisdom, and at your own risk.
    * Please contact media! especially if you have any personal connections.
    * No "honk if ..." or "... hate ..." signs.

Newcomers are welcome!

So are people we haven't seen for a while.

Even teh myspacers are welcome!

ATL Anons ning site - come get to know us.

IMPORTANT: Time is from 4:20 to 7:11 not the 1:30 bullshit. It's too fucking hot.

July-Specific Crap:

- It's the 25th. Dunwoody kinda sucks and couldn't give us the 11th. Sorry y'all.

- No theme for this month has been confirmed yet. There might not be one but whatever. However, suggestions include Dianetics Derby and the Marcabian Space Wars. If you want a costume, try working with those ideas.

- Someone should bring an epic stereo because our boombox is a little weak and there are no more cops. (LOL)
  2. ravenanon Member

re: 25 July- Atlanta - Independence from the Cult

as soon as the date is approved by the city I will get it to you.

LT, wwp has a certain way they want protest post written now. this is it: Date - City - theme, in the title

theme is independence from the cult or ID4, but the protest is later in the month than the 4th.

The cake will make the channers smile.
  3. LolitaTrap Member

How can we do date first if we don't know the date? ?_¿
  4. ravenanon Member

do XX as the date. They had a thread u should read about this. They will change the date later babe
  5. LolitaTrap Member

I never read that stupid shit. They just spam my inbox and always talk about stuff I don't care about. Additionally, formal formatting for thread titles seems so un-anonymous that I'm not sure I can accept it.
  6. ravenanon Member

lol and yeah that

Have permit. The date is the 25th
  7. Stutroup Member

Re: 25 July- Atlanta - Independence from the Cult

BUMP! C'mon, people! Do that many of you want to miss out on the epic CAEK?!

If you people want musical chairs, you'd better supply them because I'm not xD

8. FYIANON Member

Something a bit different

9. ravenanon Member

squirreling the tech and the music:

10. anonymous612 Member

I think I love you.

You know, at that time you should catch a crapload of evening rush hour traffic. [STRIKE]Can't remember, are you guys allowed "HONK IF ----" signs?[/STRIKE] Reread OP, well that sucks. Still, your signs tend to be short/legible as is, so should still be able to take advantage of it.

/loled hard

Should I just set aside bricks now to shit when I see the caek? /r/ someone pet anonyferret for me. :D
  11. mefree Member

Someone had to do it:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTheG--2NE0]YouTube - Waynes World-Bohemian Rhapsody[/ame]
  12. Stutroup Member

exquisite
  13. Lorelei Member

Petting Epic Fat Ferret nao and telling him it is from 612. :) He thanks you.

With the heat, he probably won't be able to protest. As for me, I am trying to work it into my schedule, too. Stupid responsibilities.
  14. ravenanon Member

15. downwardandup Member

I just recently joined the movement against the Cult, and I'm hoping to come to this event. I've never been to one of the protests, only seen the YouTube vids... Could someone tell me how we're predicting this upcoming ATL protest will turn out?
  16. ethercat Member

We predict it will be another fun and peaceful afternoon, although probably hot weather, with lots of support from the locals who drive past, and another interesting home made cake.

We'll be glad to have you. Was there something more specific you were curious about?

Please note that our start time is 4:30 in the afternoon, to attempt to beat some of the heat of the overhead sun.

You can read about our recent protests, here in the post game section.
  17. downwardandup Member

What's the general age group of the Anons at past ATL protests? Would it be unusual to have 16-19 yr olds present?
  18. ravenanon Member

We have all ages.
  19. LolitaTrap Member

I will not be able to attend, but I will have another take my place who shall continue the tradition of having at least 1 /b/tard in Atlanta. Give him the same respect that you would give me!! Atlanta's legacy is at steak here!!
  20. xenubarb Member

Thought Texas was steak and Atlanta is peachy...must check fud network.
  21. Lorelei Member

SERVER THETANS!
  22. Lorelei Member

Wait.../b/tards? Respect? A Jedi craves not such things. (However, I am now craving a Porterhouse.)

(J/K, LT. I <3 U, you nut!)

Assignment: Enturbulate cult, stuff new /b/tard with five pounds of delicious and moist caek, speak in nigh-incomprehensible blend of LOLchat and ED-ese. I THINK WE CAN!
  23. Xenuphobe Member

24. Stutroup Member

BAMP i maed the caek holder .... is reddy to go to the protest!
  25. downwardandup Member

Really trying to be able to make it to this.
    How many people are you expecting to be there?
  26. Stutroup Member

All of them.
  27. FYIANON Member

Are you looking for a date or something?

See we try not to post things that will help out the $cientologists. All are welcome, but who will be there is the cults best guess and yours too.
  28. Xenuphobe Member

Confirmed for brawl.
  29. downwardandup Member

I hear ya. I was only asking about ages because I looked at photos from the past Atlanta protest and thought I may be a little out of place.
  30. ethercat Member

We don't have any age biases in Atlanta. We welcome everyone, unless they do something stupid, primarily meaning something that can get us in trouble. I hope you'll come.

Remember, it's at 4:30; that's so the sun's not right overhead while we're out there.
  31. mad kow Member

The Kow will not be in attendance this time. I must attend my father-in-law's birthday dinner. Otherwise I would be attending wearing one of my kilts, just to freak out Ethercat :) And yes I would be wearing underwear, damn it. So no peeking.

I was hoping to have my monowheel ready by this time, so I could ride it to the picket, however I'm still out of work and can't afford the more powerful electric motor that would provide enough power so I don't have to drag my feet.

Monowheels: Page 5

Mine is similar to the David Southall model.

Mad Kow (there in spirit)
  32. Lorelei Member

Sorry we can't be there; plans got derailed by family deciding to just pop in from out of town with about 12 hours notice beforehand.
  33. ravenanon Member

OMG a Monowheel for next month is a must!!!

Caek is most excellent and ready to go
  34. ethercat Member

Now Kow, you ought to know me well enough by now to know it takes more than that to freak me out. Sorry you won't be there though.
  35. Stutroup Member

Wearing a kilt on a monowheel?! Talk about lulz!