Customize

‘Darth Xander’ files motion challenging Scientology’s anti-protesting injunction

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 26, 2015.

1. xander meehan Member

You are definitely a very excellent person. I have one question. What do you think about the Lisa McPherson trust as an attorney and legal professional. This is a very important question for me personally.
  2. xander meehan Member

I hope to hear about as much of this as you can possibly share. It is very important to me personally. I would also like to know more about your legal background. Without you giving up your anonymity of course. I have several people in my family that are attorney's and I would definitely love to hear what you have to say.
  3. Darth Xander Member

My anonymity went out the window a long time ago.

Everything I have to say about LMT is in the motion.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Good luck, Darth Xander!
    With you, the justice may be.
  5. Xander, maybe this is a dumb question, but how is this going to affect your protesting and videoing while the case is ongoing? Is it business as usual or are you cutting back or what?
  6. SMH. Xander's going to need a lot more than a few hundred bucks for this case. Start by adding 2-3 more zeros to the end of the few hundred and then doubling or tripling that.

AmaX was advised (by I believe Lirot?) that she would need big bucks to even think of challenging the Injunction. She didn't go there. Bunker looked at challenging it with his attorney (who I believe is Denis DeVlaming, the attorney Xander copied on his motions sent to Wally Pope). He also needed big bucks, the Clearwater PD said they wanted to keep the Injunction in place and he didn't go there either.

Both Lirot and DeVlaming have years and years of experience going against the cult on some of the biggest cases. Xander has only ONE published ruling as an attorney (!).

So as much as I want to wish him the best, I'm really sorry to say this, but I think Xander is way, way over his head. I feel like I'm watching him laying down in front of a steamroller thinking he's going to stop it...ugh.
  7. BigBeard Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the injunction is a civil matter and the Clearwater Police are not parties to it. In my mind, that means they are supposed to stay neutral on the matter, enforce it's provisions equally on both sides if necessary, and keep their mouths shut about whether it's a good thing or not.

Has an initial hearing been scheduled yet, or is this still in the motion filing stage?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  8. anon8109 Member

Predictions were made in Debbie Cooks' case of an interminable trial, but it was over quickly despite the Scientology corporation's army of lawyers attempting to drag it out.

I don't think Xander should give up before even trying. If the judge lets the company drag it, out Xander can later re-evaluate whether it's worth his time and effort.
  9. Random guy Member

Contrary to the rest of us, Xander knows the law. I trust his judgement over mine.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LLLLL Member

Xander, you are a truly excellent person and so important to the death of this horrible cult. I really need to hear your full story, including all the details of your birth, childhood, adolescence, adult years, education, religious involvement, what made you decide to go to law school, employment history, business history, what got you interested in the cult and what you do in your spare time. Also what sports do you like and do you play sports or are you a sports fan? What teams? And are you interested in music, art, fly fishing, mountain climbing, etc? If so, why? If not, why not? I hope you have a lot of spare time to fill me in on all this. And would you also fill out a Sea Org application and life history questionnaire, just for this thread, and post your answers here. I think about 10,000 words to start with would be good. Please, this is very important to me.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. TrevAnon Member

^ Time spent on this is not spent fighting the cult. :p
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Malory Member

I'm not trolling or dragging up old dramas but I get a hard-on for the truth even when it's unpalatable. Whitewashing over the shit Bunker caused is little different from the cult airbrushing ex-members out of photographs.

Nobody out here in the real world is Kha-Khan. Oh I wouldn't put it past Bunker to have done this on purpose to try and get the injunction smashed but in my book that would make him a manipulative shit rather than a hero and it's Anons who get to clean up the mess while the OG and exes will sweep in at the end to claim the glory and beg funding for whatever the latest thing is.

Xander's able to make his own decisions but AMA did not want slapped with the injunction and after all the fucking work she's done it's pretty shitty if we're all going to pretend none of it happened.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. DeathHamster Member

Actual service or some CoS drone handing it to you? By the injunction, they can't just hand it out themselves, but have to use [mutually agreed list of server companies].

The Clearwater cops have always had "trouble" understanding that injunction.
    Category:Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns
    • Like Like x 4
  14. You can down vote me all you like. It doesn't change the facts. Bunker shouldn't have brought his fat ass to Flag Down. Xander, by allowing it, worked in concert with him. I wish Xander all the luck in the world.
    I'd love to see the injunction lifted, but only for his sake and ama's sake. Bunker can kiss my lily
    white ass.

Where is Mr. Bunker lately? Remember when he showed on WWP after FD and was all full of himself
    and bragging and talking shit? He's been awfully quiet.

You know, if I were the tinfoily type I'd think OSA somehow orchestrated all of this because I hate to
    think our own people did it but we did.
    Still smh
    This message by Still smh has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. Quentinanon Member

I recall seeing the video of FD where the cult had a professional process server selectively handing out copies of the LMT injunction.
  16. Quentinanon Member

Good point.
  17. RightOn Member

Two things.
    Balls off steel and I wish him luck
  18. BigBeard Member

Can the 'Flag Down' rehash be moved to that thread so we can stay focused on what's going on with Xander in this one? And shouldn't this one be in "Leaks & Legal", or possibly a "Situation Room"?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Malory Member

Because acknowledging why Xander has to fight the injunction or that AMA got hit with it as well is a derail?

whitewash-070926.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Jeff Jacobsen Member

This might not be of any importance, but as far as I know WBM has never picketed. He goes to pickets and videotapes what's happening. So Xander could not be in concert with WBM over any picketing since WBM doesn't picket nor organize pickets.
    • Like Like x 5
  21. BigBeard Member

You're beating a dead horse and ignoring history related to the injunction by focusing totally on Mark Bunker and what happened at Flag Down as the cause of everyones problems.

Fact: At the '97 protest, coordinated by a.r.s. folks pre-LMT, a lot of concern was expressed about comments made by Bob Minton to the affect of taking protests 'to the next level'. That didn't fit very well with the "Ghandi Tech" method of protesting espoused by most a.r.s. denizens.

Fact: Many from a.r.s. skipped the '99, and later, protests after the LMT was formed because they felt the LMT's tactics were going to create problems, and they didn't want to be associated with them.

Fact: If it weren't for the 'in your face' activities of certain LMT members, THERE WOULD BE NO INJUNCTION TO BEGIN WITH. So if you want to be mad at someone, you should be looking at the root cause of the injunction. Which was not Mark Bunker.

Fact: Once the Cof$ had the injunction, they started abusing it almost immediately. At a DC protest, they went so far as claiming it meant all protesters everywhere had to stay 10ft away from their buildings and people. They actually tried serving it on people at the DC event who had been at the pre-LMT Clearwater '97 events, and hadn't been back to Florida since. Claiming somehow they were "in concert" with the LMT. That got slapped down PDQ, but I've still got the cover letter they made up and slapped on it to try and bamboozle the police into believing it was valid. And Mark wasn't anywhere near that protest.

Fact: A lot of people have been harassed with the injunction before Flag Down, at times when Mark wasn't even in the state of Florida.

All of which, in spite of what happened at Flag Down, makes the constant harping on Mark Bunker being the cause of everyones problems with the injuction, come across as personal vindictivnesss. Whether intended that way or not.

The focus should be on how do we help Xander get rid of the damn thing once and for all. Not on venting personal grievances in every thread with the word 'injunction' in it.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 15
  22. Malory Member

No I'm not and I've said I really hope Xander succeeds with this.

Fact: I don't want to see someone ground into the dirt by the cult when it could easily have been avoided.

Fact: Perpetuating this fanboi myth that Bunker can do no wrong just means someone else will get fucked over in the future.

So I'm not ignoring history, I'm demanding it be recorded correctly.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. BLiP Member

Thank you Darth Xander. Good luck.
    • Like Like x 4
  24. If you can get the order set aside, (or whatever the correct terminology is in US law - not sure being UK qualified) it would be a real poke in the eye for the cult. Best of luck to you. I am sure you have the support of all of us who are genuinely against organised crime, oppression and the abuse of legal process, both old and new guard alike.
  25. Darth Xander Member

We've got movement. Couple of new names popped up on the attorney list. I think I got their attention.
    • Like Like x 11
  26. Darth Xander Member

Case is so old I have to pay a reopen fee.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. anon-6 Member

As long as you don't get stung for the other side's fees! Do you have legal expense insurance in the States?
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Darth Xander Member

Not really a concern.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. BigBeard Member

Go back and read what I said. I never said Mark Bunker can do no wrong, and do not agree with what he did at Flag Down. But that does not make him responsible for every abuse of the injunction ever committed by the Cof$ either.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 8
  30. Although you weren't talking to me, I read what you said. Thanks for background about LMT and ars, seriously. I didn't know that.

However, IMHO, to say the real ones responsible for Xander having to do this is LMT is big stretch. With that reasoning, we could go way back and blame the US Founding Fathers for not being clear enough about the First Amendment, which of course is ridiculous.

I also didn't see where anyone said Bunker was responsible for every abuse of the injunction ever committed by the Cof$. The only place I saw that mentioned was by you. Like it or not, Bunker showing up at Flag Down IS the reason for Xander being served. He was a member of LMT and is directly named on the Injunction. No one else from the LMT showed up, he did.

If Bunker didn't show, amaX, Xander and Pete Griffiths would not have been served at all for being in concert with him. The sometimes heated discussion before Flag Down about what would happen if Bunker made an appearance included predictions about what's playing out now.

So I don't really get how discussion about Bunker's involvement in this case via Flag Down is considered by some as bringing up old drama, derail, etc. Controversial to discuss? Yes, I think so. But is it pertinent to this case? Yes, it absolutely is pertinent.
  31. Darth Xander Member

They served AMA with the injunction before the conference even started.

Anyway, they've screwed themselves. They've been saying it applies to me. If it applies to me then I have sufficient legal justification for obtaining intervenor status in the original lawsuit on that basis alone. So they're going to respond to my filing by saying, what? No, he doesn't meet the standard for intervention? That will undercut their argument that the injunction applies to me (because, again, if it applies to me I'm guaranteed intervenor status).
    • Like Like x 18
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

Moar powah to ya Xander mon!

Cheers!
    • Like Like x 4
  33. incog712 Member

It is pertinent, at least to a degree but the main issue is scientology's continued abuse of this injunction. Certainly Ama as well as other Clearwater Anon's have long stressed the importance of maintaining distance between Anon's and LMT members, not so much due to any tactical/ideological differences but due to scientology's long standing pattern of abusing the injunction itself. So much so, that it also became obvious to what remains of Flag OSA that finding any way possible to use that antiquated and useless piece of paper would be, in their eyes, just the stat point that they were looking for. Yes, Bunker's presence at Flag Down did provide that opportunity, weak as it was but it was only a matter of time before they found some way to play their hand. After all, they'd been itching to do so so ever since having failed so miserably to get a TRO in place against Anonymous protests back in 2008.

Still, playing it in such a way is just one more footbullet as doing so clearly demonstrates how ludicrous the entire idea of one individual critics appearance at a relatively small conference of critics of all stripes should cast any kind of chilling effect on the First Amendment rights of their critics overall. Especially in Clearwater.

Anonfags, Oldfags, Newfags, Egofags, plain old Neighborfags just tired of this occupation... we all have our different approaches, but keeping critics divided and separated against one another benefits only scientology. It's this silly old injunction that needs to go, not some guy with a video camera.

All said, on this ninth anniversary of the passing of Gabe Cazares, I suspect he's smiling at the continued progress being made by everyone involved.
    • Like Like x 11
  34. Darth Xander Member

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
    09/30/2015 CASE REOPENED
    09/30/2015 MOTION
    TO INTERVENE AND MOTN TO DISSOLVE PERMANENT INJUNCTION
    09/30/2015 EXHIBIT
    A COPY OF PERMANENT INJUNCTION
    09/30/2015 EXHIBIT
    B CASE MASTER REPORT
    • Like Like x 12
  35. I fucking love you !

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Darth Xander Member

Looking forward to my first deposition. I feel like its an essential part of the Scientology experience you know. Do I livestream it?
    • Like Like x 14
  37. Ersatz Global Moderator

Do it!
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Random guy Member

140231.I_DO_IT_ALL_20FOR_TEH_LULZ_1_1_.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  39. Darth Xander Member

Apparently Mr. Pope is pretty busy these days. Depo won't be til at least November.
    • Like Like x 3